[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

What the hell happened to Maroney?!?!?

irish

Laurence Maroney claims he wasn't injured in Sunday night's game.

"Not that I know of," Maroney said when asked about his reported foot injury. "I’m fine." Maroney left the game in the second quarter and didn't come back in despite being listed as "probable" to return. Coach Bill Belichick didn't update Maroney's status Monday, and he's uncertain to play in Week 12.

Source: Boston Herald

According to Maroney he did not hurt his foot or anything else. He was out due to the score of the game:

Laurence Maroney claims he wasn't injured in Sunday night's game.

"Not that I know of," Maroney said when asked about his reported foot injury. "I’m fine." Maroney left the game in the second quarter and didn't come back in despite being listed as "probable" to return. Coach Bill Belichick didn't update Maroney's status Monday, and he's uncertain to play in Week 12.

Source: Boston Herald

Thanks for the update guys. We'll see what happens.

Belicheck was asked about Maroney and Faulk during his Monday afternoon interview on WEEI and he said that they would have probably been back in there if the score was closer........

Belicheck was asked about Maroney and Faulk during his Monday afternoon interview on WEEI and he said that they would have probably been back in there if the score was closer........

So he's saying he won't use his starting RB unless the score is close. Does he make this stuff up as he goes along?

:D But yet Brady, Moss, Welker, Stallworth and the rest of the starting O was still in there. :D

He's done nothing all season long...what is so surprising about last night? Maybe it's that he actually scored?????

The fact that word is he wasn't injured and that they didn't want to risk an injury, especially with the game being so out of reach. However, all the rest of the offensive weapons were still in there.

Why risk injury to Maroney when the game is out of hand? Its not like he is going for any NFL records like Brady.

Cause I started him. :D

Due to injuries, I was forced to start him in my local. He gave me the 7 points I needed for the win so it's hard to slag on him at the moment.

Well I played Maroney and S. Holmes over Hackett and Watson and because of it...I lost. Oh well, in that league I've already clinched a playoffs spot and have bigger concerns ahead.

Good for you this week though.

Edited by irish

His premature shutdown is about to cost me my game. It was scripted beautiful. I had Brady and Maroney left to clean up in the 4th Q w/ Faulk out and trailed by 40. Combined they get me 59 and give me a 19 pt lead w/ my opponent having Brandon Marshall, who now is approaching 19. If Maroney plays at all in the 2nd half I probably win. What is with this guy and/or his coach? Foot injury? Discipline? Weird Satanic cult thing? What? Why was he out? :D

Well I played Maroney and S. Holmes over Hackett and Watson and because of it...I lost. Oh well, in that league I've already clinched a playoffs spot and have bigger concerns ahead.

Good for you this week though.

You're right. You could have edged me out but then Holmes and Roeth have gotten where you are this season. Why think they would fail against the Browns?

You

Starter Total: 114

Potential Points: 141.4

Efficiency Rating: 80.6%

Me

Starter Total: 138.2

Potential Points: 140.9

Efficiency Rating: 98.1%

Also

Santonio Holmes' ankle injury may cause him to miss the Monday night game against the Dolphins.

Holmes was sidelined in the second half against the Jets and the Steelers might feel they can sit Holmes against the 0-10 Dolphins. However, there is a long way to go until Monday so monitor the situation, but be prepared to not have Holmes in your lineup. Nate Washington would likely get the start.

Source: Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Edited by Randall

Sounds to me like Maroney was missing some blocks....

From newsbreakers:

After Kevin Faulk was knocked out of Sunday's game with an apparent head injury and Laurence Maroney was removed from the game for as-yet unknown reasons, the Patriots played the rest of the game with Heath Evans and Kyle Eckel at tailback. "It's good to have guys who can handle the ball and block," Belichick told the Boston Globe of Evans and Eckel. "They're big enough to block and they have enough running skills, mainly as inside runners, to be able to find holes and gain yards with the ball, so it's not like having a guard in the backfield kind of thing." Belichick did not speak to the status of Faulk or Maroney.

Our View: Both Evans and Eckel carried 10 times on Sunday, with Evans gaining 56 yards and Eckel cashing in with 40 yards and a touchdown. Evans has carried the load for the Patriots before – he was the primary runner for two games two years ago when the team suffered a rash of injuries – and would probably be the starter if neither Faulk nor Maroney can play this week. The team has not yet contacted free agent veteran Corey Dillon, who has said he would return to play for the Pats if they ask him to.

Good thing Andre had a good day..eh? lol

No kidding. It just so happens that everyone I gave Avernus had a great day. Jamal Lewis was solid against the Ravens and Chris Henry had his 2nd solid week in a row against the Cardinals. The people who thought that was a bad deal just don't know fantasy football- plain and simple. I took a big risk taking Maroney back in that deal and over the last 2 weeks have gotten burned.

Edited by irish

No kidding. It just so happens that everyone I gave Avernus had a great day. Jamal Lewis was solid against the Ravens and Chris Henry had his 2nd solid week in a row against the Cardinals. The people who thought that was a bad deal just don't know fantasy football- plain and simple. I took a big risk taking Maroney back in that deal and over the last 2 weeks have gotten burned.

:D Yeah we're all a bunch of idiots. You were just trying to help a fellow huddler out.

We'll look at this in 2 weeks and see how they are doing.