[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wtd Avg Sp-Sheet

rhino

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THANKS MAN!!!!

How do you update stats after entering scoring? I forgot.

I think its F9. Too bad I can only get the newest version to work on my computer at work. I guess productivity is going down this week.

Thanks for this, it is useful!!

Couple questions -

1. How are the rankings compiled? At first I thought it was done by fantasy points but that does not appear to be the case

2. Are the weighted avg columns a wtd avg by career or just the last few years?

3. Finally, are the fantasy points and points per game based off of the wtd avg data?

Thanks again :wacko:

I'm getting alot of value errors (and excel seems to crash often)

Anyone encounter this?

I can barely get it to open on my desktop or laptop at home (Office XP). Luckily the thing works beautifully on Office 2003 at work. Brent, I put more emphasis on the huddle rankings and then hit the button "YR POINTS" above Fantasy Points so that it ranked everything according to annual projections. Hope that helps.

1. How are the rankings compiled? At first I thought it was done by fantasy points but that does not appear to be the case

The rankings are done any way you want them, actually. The sort buttons on each of the RANK tabs allow you to do this. But, you're most likely want them by TOTAL POINTS or WEEKLY POINTS. So, do this...

a. Enter your league's scoring in the SCORING tab.

b. Then go to the QB tab, where all the projections for the qbs exist.

c. On ROW 6, there is a FACTOR value. This is also known as the WEIGHT. Suppose you trust the Huddle the most. Bump their weight from "1" to something larger, say 10, or 100, or whatever. Suppose you don't trust FFToday that much, then bump them down a bit, from "1" to ".001" (Never enter a weight of "0", as this will cause some "divide by zero" issues.)

d. Hit <F9> to re-run the formulas and calculations.

e. The "Wtd Avg" column is now based on your WEIGHTS for each website's projections. If your weights are all "1", then you get the same results as a normal "average". But, if you give more weight to one website over another, then this Wtd Avg is tailored more to your liking.

f. Now! Go to the QB RANK tab. After hitting <F9> above, these values on this page are all re-calculated, but NOT re-sorted. So, simply hit the <YR PTS> button on this tab to re-sort by the Wtd Projected Fantasy Points.

g. Now! Go to the QB RANK II tab. For some reason, I haven't figured it out, but I don't think this page gets updated until you hit <F9> (recalculate) again.

h. Repeat for each position tab (RB, WR, etc).

Note: On the QB and QB Rank tabs (and most of the tabs), I try to shade the cells with formulas with light-yellow (may come out bright yellow on your machine). Those cells that need your input are usually left with no background color.

2. Are the weighted avg columns a wtd avg by career or just the last few years?

The weighted avg columns are based on the current projections of each of the websites, and the WEIGHT you give to each website. Does this make sense?

3. Finally, are the fantasy points and points per game based off of the wtd avg data?

Yes, if I understand your question correctly. This question is based on the QB Rank tab (and other Rank tabs). Again, this is based on the weights you gave to each website, applied to the websites projections, and then as computed in the "purple columns" -- Wtd Avg Passing Yards, Wtd Avg Passing TDs. Then, your scoring rules (from the "Scoring" tab) is applied to these "purple columns", and you get your WEIGHTED average of PROJECTED points for the year, which is then divided by the number of games for the season (16).

I'm getting alot of value errors (and excel seems to crash often)

Anyone encounter this?

'gummit! I hate when that happens.

Do you mind downloading a fresh copy, let me know which version you downloaded, let me know what version of Excel you're running, and we can step thru this and see why you're getting the "value errors".

I wish I can help you with the crashing thing too, maybe I can. Email me (do NOT PM me -- it's basically full!), and we'll see if we can get thru this.

Sorry -- YES! <F9> is the function key for Manual Re-calculation. I heavily recommend leaving the Auto-Recalculation turned off when changing values, re-calcing, re-sorting, etc.

Once you have the final numbers in, re-calced, re-sorted until the cows come home, and there's no more you want to do -- you're ready for the draft -- I then recommend you to "remove the formulas":

Go to each position tab (QB, RB, WR, etc), Rank tab (QB Rank, RB Rank, etc), Rank II tab (QB Rank II, RB Rank II), One Pager tab, and do the following:

a. Select entire sheet

b. <Cntl-C> to copy the entire sheet

c. Right-click to "Paste Special" > "Values" > <Okay>.

You've just copied the values over the formulas, removing the formulas on that tab forever. This makes the spreadsheet smaller in size, and makes the "Draft" tabs run faster (allowing you to turn Auto-calc on for the draft).

Hope this helps. If you have problems, let me know.

Rhino, are you going to WCOFF? If so, I'd like to at least get you a few :wacko:

Thanks!, but not going, but maybe. Don't know. If I did go, I'm the one that likes to blend into the background, watch and learn, and stay anonymous (to most of you anyway). So, maybe I'll be there, but you probably wouldn't know it.

So, that short, bald guy standing in the corner that you don't know? That's not me. But, I'm probably standing next to him. :D

They don't have a nifty export or XLS download option but their projections can probably be used with some copy and pasting. Many media outlets use their projections including ESPN. TMQ often cites them. It's all free.

I believe they update their projections but just not sure how often they do simulations in the preseason. They update them every week during the regular season so this might be useful for all later as well...

AccuScore :wacko:

TMQ?

Thanks for the AccuScore link -- I'll get them included for the next release.

BTW, I don't use exports or XLS download -- it's a cut-n-paste with temp formulas. As long as it's in tabular format, I'm good.

Again, thanks!

'gummit! I hate when that happens.

Do you mind downloading a fresh copy, let me know which version you downloaded, let me know what version of Excel you're running, and we can step thru this and see why you're getting the "value errors".

I wish I can help you with the crashing thing too, maybe I can. Email me (do NOT PM me -- it's basically full!), and we'll see if we can get thru this.

I am going on a vacation for a week but when I return I can try again and email you..

Thanks so much. your work and time is appreciated!

Awesome spreadhseet again, Rhino...!!!

As I'm defending champ in my league, here's hoping that helps me out this year...

okay, quick question......there is sooooo much info on this, how does one go about printing down some of the best pages (i.e. rankings, etc), so that it is legible??

When I print (say QB rankings), VERY difficult to read....

thanks!

Thanks for the awesome spreadsheet!

whats the difference between the NO TE and TE REQD spreadsheet

also - a good idea is to have a rank on WR/RB

Thanks for the idea.

What type of league are you in? Are you required to start a tight-end (TE)? If yes, then get the TE REQD sp-sheet. If a TE is the same as a WR in your league, then get the NO TE sp-sheet.