[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

SJax - Still a Top 5 Back?

splotchman

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone shares some carries, come on now - I don't think there's any RB in the league that gets all of his teams carries. But if you truly think any of his backups will steal enough carries to dispute my opinion, then why do you think he's a top 5? Addai only shared carries (significant carries his rookie year - last year he was THE GUY. Why in the world would that change this season? Some people argue just to argue, bring something valid to the argument if you're going to do so.

Anyone who thinks Addai will all of a sudden lose a bunch of carries to his backups is on some serious crack!

I should leave this alone as its old and the conversation has obviously gone another direction(not to mention this is a little off topic) but what the hell...

First question is what do you consider "significant" or "a bunch"? Because if you go back and look at the season stats from last year you will see that Addai carried 261 times for 1072 yards while playing in 15 games. That's an avg of a little better than 17 carries a game. Kenton Keith rushed 121 times for 533 yards in 16 games for an average of about 7 and a half carries a game. Basically, Addai got double what Keith got or Keith got half of what Addai got- however you wanna look at it.

Receiving stats more heavily favored Addai as did TDs (which is really what its all about) and why I said Addai is a solid pick worthy of the top 5.

If Keith only got a fourth(or less) of the carries or yards Addai got, I think we could more easily chalk it up to trash time, the game Addai missed, week 17, etc. But Keith got half as many carries and turned that into roughly half as many yards. So, you are correct as far as Addai getting the majority of the plays and scoring the majority of the rushing TDs. But, to suggest he only shares "some" carries (as if its insignificant) is questionable. To assert "Anyone who thinks Addai will all of a sudden lose a bunch of carries to his backups is on some serious crack" is silly. For one thing, it implies he will lose considerably more carries this season than last(which is not what I ever said) and second, that you cant see he already shares makes it look like you were not an Addai owner last year and/or didnt acually follow him that closely. I can tell you that I was an Addai owner and I saw more of KK in the backfield than I cared to. Often, it was from JA pulling himself out after getting nicked...

IMO, the Colts know Addai will breakdown if he takes too much pounding. I will stand by my statement that he shares enough that your original claim of "Addai will not be sharing carries with anyone - are you kidding me?!?!?" is not accurate and go further to say he will likely yield as many or more carries to his backups this year as last.

Edited by Delicious_bass

I should leave this alone as its old and the conversation has obviously gone another direction(not to mention this is a little off topic) but what the hell...

First question is what do you consider "significant" or "a bunch"? Because if you go back and look at the season stats from last year you will see that Addai carried 261 times for 1072 yards while playing in 15 games. That's an avg of a little better than 17 carries a game. Kenton Keith rushed 121 times for 533 yards in 16 games for an average of about 7 and a half carries a game. Basically, Addai got double what Keith got or Keith got half of what Addai got- however you wanna look at it.

Receiving stats more heavily favored Addai as did TDs (which is really what its all about) and why I said Addai is a solid pick worthy of the top 5.

If Keith only got a fourth(or less) of the carries or yards Addai got, I think we could more easily chalk it up to trash time, the game Addai missed, week 17, etc. But Keith got half as many carries and turned that into roughly half as many yards. So, you are correct as far as Addai getting the majority of the plays and scoring the majority of the rushing TDs. But, to suggest he only shares "some" carries (as if its insignificant) is questionable. To assert that "anyone who believes Addai will suddenly lose a bunch of carries" is on crack is silly. For one thing, it implies he will lose more this season than last(which is not what I ever said) and second, that you cant see he already shares makes it look like you were not an Addai owner last year and/or didnt acually follow him that closely. I can tell you that I was an Addai owner and I saw more of KK in the backfield than I cared to. Often, it was from JA pulling himself out after getting nicked...

IMO, the Colts know Addai will breakdown if he takes too much pounding. I will stand by my statement that he shares enough that your original claim of "Addai will not be sharing carries with anyone - are you kidding me?!?!?" is not accurate and go further to say he will likely yield as many or more carries to his backups this year as last.

I have looked at Addai in a different light from the beginning of last pre-season and this years draft...last year I put him 3rd overall and maybe 4th....this year I put him 5th or 6th and I'm not sold on his durability at all...

he should have had 1200+ yds running in that offense....and I only see his production in the receiving game go down from last year....

If Keith only got a fourth(or less) of the carries or yards Addai got, I think we could more easily chalk it up to trash time, the game Addai missed, week 17, etc. But Keith got half as many carries and turned that into roughly half as many yards. So, you are correct as far as Addai getting the majority of the plays and scoring the majority of the rushing TDs. But, to suggest he only shares "some" carries (as if its insignificant) is questionable. To assert "Anyone who thinks Addai will all of a sudden lose a bunch of carries to his backups is on some serious crack" is silly. For one thing, it implies he will lose considerably more carries this season than last(which is not what I ever said) and second, that you cant see he already shares makes it look like you were not an Addai owner last year and/or didnt acually follow him that closely. I can tell you that I was an Addai owner and I saw more of KK in the backfield than I cared to. Often, it was from JA pulling himself out after getting nicked...

Now there's an argument I can deal with :wacko: Nice analysis.

We will have to agree to disagree because I see Addai getting more carries this year, especially early on. I still say he's the safest pick at RB after L.T. because you know his team will be in the redzone as much as anyone - plus there is no other RB on the Colts that will steal the goaline carries.

• 4 weeks later...

Normally I never do this, but for Brent's sake I'll make the exception:

#	Ovr	Player	FF Pts, ytd1	1	Bush, Reggie NOS RB	84.22	4	Barber, Marion DAL RB	77.23	6	Gore, Frank SFO RB	72.24	7	Turner, Michael ATL RB	69.85	11	Forte, Matt CHI RB	65.96	14	Brown, Ronnie MIA RB	62.77	17	Lynch, Marshawn BUF RB	59.58	19	Westbrook, Brian PHI RB	58.79	27	Jones, Julius SEA RB	52.710	32	Portis, Clinton WAS RB	4911	33	Jones-Drew, Maurice JAC RB	48.812	36	Peterson, Adrian MIN RB	48.113	39	Johnson, Chris TEN RB	45.714	43	Parker, Willie PIT RB	44.315	44	Jackson, Steven STL RB	44.216	45	Tomlinson, Ladainian SDC RB	43.917	56	Addai, Joseph IND RB	38.818	57	McFadden, Darren OAK RB	38.819	58	White, LenDale TEN RB	38.820	68	Thomas, Pierre NOS RB	37.321	73	Graham, Earnest TBB RB	36.222	74	Jones, Thomas NYJ RB	36.223	76	Perry, Chris CIN RB	35.924	83	Jacobs, Brandon NYG RB	33.425	84	Dunn, Warrick TBB RB	33.326	87	McClain, Le'Ron BAL RB	3327	88	Norwood, Jerious ATL RB	3328	90	Hightower, Tim ARI RB	32.929	92	Stewart, Jonathan CAR RB	32.530	94	Morris, Sammy NEP RB	32.131	110	Sproles, Darren SDC RB	30.532	111	Slaton, Steve HOU RB	30.333	112	Pittman, Michael DEN RB	30.234	115	Johnson, Larry KCC RB	29.935	119	Smith, Kevin DET RB	29.536	120	James, Edgerrin ARI RB	29.337	125	Ward, Derrick NYG RB	29.238	127	Lewis, Jamal CLE RB	28.939	133	Jones, Felix DAL RB	28.140	136	Tolbert, Mike SDC RB	27.741	140	Young, Selvin DEN RB	27.442	143	Duckett, T.J. SEA RB	26.243	146	Williams, Ricky MIA RB	25.744	150	Taylor, Fred JAC RB	25.145	156	Buckhalter, Correll PHI RB	24.746	164	Jackson, Brandon GBP RB	23.947	165	Johnson, Rudi DET RB	23.748	166	Jackson, Fred BUF RB	23.649	171	Bush, Michael OAK RB	2250	175	Bradshaw, Ahmad NYG RB	21.751	184	Williams, DeAngelo CAR RB	20.552	187	McKie, Jason CHI RB	20.253	193	Taylor, Chester MIN RB	19.454	207	Charles, Jamaal KCC RB	17.855	210	Washington, Leon NYJ RB	17.656	213	Fargas, Justin OAK RB	17.257	228	Grant, Ryan GBP RB	16.658	240	Rhodes, Dominic IND RB	14.959	242	McGahee, Willis BAL RB	14.560	247	Faulk, Kevin NEP RB	13.861	251	Rice, Ray BAL RB	13.462	257	Griffith, Justin OAK RB	1363	258	Jones, Greg JAC RB	1364	262	Harrison, Jerome CLE RB	12.465	267	Askew, B.J. TBB RB	11.966	272	Hall, Andre DEN RB	11.767	281	Hunt, Tony PHI RB	10.768	293	Betts, Ladell WAS RB	9.769	300	Jordan, Lamont NEP RB	970	302	Smith, Kolby KCC RB	8.771	309	Dorsey, DeDe CIN RB	7.972	312	Weaver, Leonard SEA RB	7.873	315	Booker, Lorenzo PHI RB	7.374	318	Green, Ahman HOU RB	7.175	319	Hall, Korey GBP RB	7.176	320	Lumpkin, Kregg GBP RB	7.177	326	Maroney, Laurence NEP RB	6.7	<-----------------------------------------

:wacko:

Edited by Bronco Billy

Looks like the iMaroney injury-clause will likely nulify the bet, so all that pointless chatter was moot.

That's why I wanted him to buck up no matter what, with the tripe he was spewing. It's also why I was willing to do the same with Jackson.

Pretty certain to see that NE was indeed a RBBC. will be a RBBC, and Maroney is a turd with no chance of ever being a top 10 RB.

Yea, this seems way out of your character. :wacko:

Find one other place where I bumped a thread to rub someone's nose in their own feces.

That's all I'll ask for - just one.

Post edit - my bumping up a thread to rub my own nose in my own sour prediction doesn't count. I've done that a few times.

Edited by Bronco Billy

That's why I wanted him to buck up no matter what, with the tripe he was spewing. It's also why I was willing to do the same with Jackson.

Pretty certain to see that NE was indeed a RBBC. will be a RBBC, and Maroney is a turd with no chance of ever being a top 10 RB.

Don't make us remind you what a lame bet you were offering and how you were basically asking him to back up something that he never said.

Even while SJax was holding out, there was never a claim that Maroney should be picked ahead of him, simply that SJax did not warrant a top 10 pick and Maroney was going later than he should have. That's not the same as saying Maroney will out perform SJax.

BTW, while he seems to be wrong in the case of Maroney being undervalued, the SJax not deserving a top 10 pick overall seems to be spot on so far.

Don't make us remind you what a lame bet you were offering and how you were basically asking him to back up something that he never said.

Even while SJax was holding out, there was never a claim that Maroney should be picked ahead of him, simply that SJax did not warrant a top 10 pick and Maroney was going later than he should have. That's not the same as saying Maroney will out perform SJax.

BTW, while he seems to be wrong in the case of Maroney being undervalued, the SJax not deserving a top 10 pick overall seems to be spot on so far.

Do you want me to start quoting again? You git swept up into that nonsense the first time.

His claim was that Jackson was not a top 10 RB. He then claimed that Maroney would be a top 10 RB with a good chance that he would be top 5.

Now, I'm only a lowly math major & an engineer also, so my logic might be off, but,

If SJax < top 10 RB

and

Maroney > top 10 RB

QED

Maroney > SJax Modus Ponens

In any case, he was spewing nonsense and got trapped by it by some rather artful fishing if I do say so myself, you got trapped into defending his indefensible position in the same fishing expedition - though you stood to profit by it, and others watched with amusement.

Do you want me to start quoting again? You git swept up into that nonsense the first time.

His claim was that Jackson was not a top 10 RB. He then claimed that Maroney would be a top 10 RB with a good chance that he would be top 5.

Now, I'm only a lowly math major & an engineer also, so my logic might be off, but,

If SJax < top 10 RB

and

Maroney > top 10 RB

QED

Maroney > SJax Modus Ponens

In any case, he was spewing nonsense and got trapped by it by some rather artful fishing if I do say so myself, you got trapped into defending his indefensible position in the same fishing expedition - though you stood to profit by it, and others watched with amusement.

I believe he said that SJax was not worthy of a a top 10 over all pick while he was holding out. That is not the same as saying he won't be a top 10 back, especially after he signed which is when the debate with you started. Further, at no point did he ever imply that Maroney should be drafted before S Jax.

And don't get me wrong, I think predicting Maroney would be top 10 was insane. I'm not backing that up at all which is why I took the bet. Just saying that you owe it to a guy to take him on his word, not on what you pretend his word to be.

Edited by detlef

I still think SJax can be quite valuable in a PPR league....especially since the Rams will be throwing a plenty and he excels in the passing game...

I think he's valuable, but I also think it is a reach to think he'll finish as a top 5 RB this year - and maybe not even a #1 FF RB. STL just has to abandon the run way too early, and their O-line is completely awful. I knew STL was going to be below average in the trenches, but I figured that SJAX could muster up 65 rushing ypg and maybe 10 TDs +/- to go with the receiving numbers. I also thought that a healthy Bulger/Holt/Bennett along with the rook would help drag the SS out of the box. With the line being so abyssmal, that is starting to look like wishful thinking.

I think he's valuable, but I also think it is a reach to think he'll finish as a top 5 RB this year - and maybe not even a #1 FF RB. STL just has to abandon the run way too early, and their O-line is completely awful. I knew STL was going to be below average in the trenches, but I figured that SJAX could muster up 65 rushing ypg and maybe 10 TDs +/- to go with the receiving numbers. I also thought that a healthy Bulger/Holt/Bennett along with the rook would help drag the SS out of the box. With the line being so abyssmal, that is starting to look like wishful thinking.

my local scoring for a RB in the receiving game is 2pts per 10 rec yds and 1 PPR as well...

I can only hope they abandon the run game early...

of course, very few leagues have this type of scoring.....but they should :wacko: