[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

SJax - Still a Top 5 Back?

splotchman

I think you're providing ample evidence that my assessment was accurate.

But I'll tell you what, I'll give you a chance to put up or shut up.

How about we have sigline bet that Steven Jackson outperforms Lawrence Maroney in FF performance this coming season. Simple .1/6/1 scoring. That will give you a chance to back up what you're spewing. Do you have enough sack to stand behind your prognostications?

That's a stupid challenge. For starters, dude has already said that there's no way he would drop Jackson as far now that he signed. Secondly, even if he hadn't, there's a big difference between saying Maroney should go sooner than he's being taken while Jackson should drop past 10 and saying that Maroney should be taken before Jackson.

My guess is when Brent was debating about whether or not to tab Jackson in the 2nd round, he wasn't deciding between him and Maroney.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think you're providing ample evidence that my assessment was accurate.

But I'll tell you what, I'll give you a chance to put up or shut up.

How about we have sigline bet that Steven Jackson outperforms Lawrence Maroney in FF performance this coming season. Simple .1/6/1 scoring. That will give you a chance to back up what you're spewing. Do you have enough sack to stand behind your prognostications?

If you recall correctly, the entire argument between you and I was based on a statement I made while SJax was a holdout, however, he is no longer a holdout. At this point it would be very foolish of me to make a bet against SJax since he is no longer a holdout and no longer a risk. Plus, sigline bets are for sissys. If I was going to bet, it would be for cold hard cash or a hand job - depends on how soft your hands are.

That's a stupid challenge. For starters, dude has already said that there's no way he would drop Jackson as far now that he signed. Secondly, even if he hadn't, there's a big difference between saying Maroney should go sooner than he's being taken while Jackson should drop past 10 and saying that Maroney should be taken before Jackson.

My guess is when Brent was debating about whether or not to tab Jackson in the 2nd round, he wasn't deciding between him and Maroney.

+1, comparing Maroney and Sjax in this argument is apples and oranges. Although I do believe Maroney can crack the top 10 with a strong chance at top 5 - in no way did I ever compare him to SJax, say he was better than SJax etc...

BB - :wacko: if you go back and read (adding some comprehension in there as well), you will see the two topics were in no way related. One I was talking about the risk of taking an un-signed player - the other was my opinion on value picks.

Pick a different piece of evidence big guy. :wacko:

That was from 05'. I can't believe you went out of your way to pull that crap out of your ass.

So you're saying that you were foolish and borderline retarded in '05? I mean, it's not that long ago.

If you recall correctly, the entire argument between you and I was based on a statement I made while SJax was a holdout, however, he is no longer a holdout. At this point it would be very foolish of me to make a bet against SJax since he is no longer a holdout and no longer a risk. Plus, sigline bets are for sissys. If I was going to bet, it would be for cold hard cash or a hand job - depends on how soft your hands are.

If I'm not mistaken, you are the one pimping Maroney as a top 5 RB. You are sure that he will not split time and that BB will give him plenty of work, which he will perform in a studly manner.

You are also the one who is claiming that Jackson was a suspect pick for 2nd round consideration. Surely a RB can't jump that far up your draft board - beyond a top-5 Maroney - just because he signed a new contract (the other alternative being that you had no clue that he would end his holdout before the regular season started, which I find impossible to believe for someone with your incredible acumen). Based upon current ADPs, you were seriously wondering whether Jackson should be considered at RB13 or lower.

The other alternative, of course, is that you are simply talking out your ass and when placed in a position where you have to back up your talk, you instead lift your skirt and demonstrate to everyone here that you have no balls.

So you can count the handjob out as far as any consideration for a wager. I don't like my hand smelling like fish, and who knows where that cooch of yours has been. You want to change your mind and show a modicum of backbone, let me know. I'll back up my position with cash.

Edited by Bronco Billy

If I'm not mistaken, you are the one pimping Maroney as a top 5 RB. You are sure that he will not split time and that BB will give him plenty of work, which he will perform in a studly manner.

You are also the one who is claiming that Jackson was a suspect pick for 2nd round consideration. Surely a RB can't jump that far up your draft board - beyond a top-5 Maroney - just because he signed a new contract (the other alternative being that you had no clue that he would end his holdout before the regular season started, which I find impossible to believe for someone with your incredible acumen). Based upon current ADPs, you were seriously wondering whether Jackson should be considered at RB13 or lower.

The other alternative, of course, is that you are simply talking out your ass and when placed in a position where you have to back up your talk, you instead lift your skirt and demonstrate to everyone here that you have no balls.

So you can count the handjob out as far as any consideration for a wager. I don't like my hand smelling like fish, and who knows where that cooch of yours has been. You want to change your mind and show a modicum of backbone, let me know. I'll back up my position with cash.

Dude, seriously, you're better than this... I hope, at least.

Dude, seriously, you're better than this... I hope, at least.

Let's see if he's serious about his Maroney projections, or if he's just one of those guys who throws spaghetti against the wall, hopes something sticks, and then promotes himself as a genius after he manages to luck into 1 of 50 predictions of this nature.

I think he's one of the latter (hell - he went WAY out on a limb and promoted 4 of the top 6 draft picks as the majority of his low risk, high upside guys. Thanks, there, Captain Obvious), but he could prove me wrong and back up what he's shoveling.

The information skew-master at it again. I already explained that the two arguments were completely different. You asked for high upside guys and I provided you with Maroney because I do believe he will be top 10 with a good chance at top 5 and you can get him in round 3. Again (repeating what I have already said). SJax was an entirely different argument based on risk and where to draft him. In both situations I never said Maroney will out-gain SJax. If healthy and signed, I believe SJax to be a top 3 RB. Maybe Maroney is top 7?

Speaking of SJax and the bolded above - of course I had no clue he would sign that's why I was hesitant in taking him in the 2nd round. What is so hard to understand here and why would my fantasy acumen be able to predict his signing?!?!? I have said several times that I like to minimize risk in the first few rounds - when a guy isn't signed, combined with an awful coach and Oline, combined with a banged up Holt - that is too much risk certainly for a 1st rounder. In the end, I did draft SJax in round 2 and right now it appears to have been a good decision. However, there is also the risk that his conditioning is lacking and will get hurt like holdouts in previous years.

So now you're trying to wage a lop-sided bet and thinking that I'm not sacking up if I don't agree? How many people would bet straight up in favor of a guy with an ADP of round 3 over a guy with a round 1 ADP?!?! No matter what my belief in Maroney is - that is a stupid bet especially since I also think SJax is very much capable of top 5 #s. Part of the allure with Maroney is that he can be drafted so late but COULD POSSIBLY produce very well. This is a chance I will take when drafting in all my leagues this season.

If you want to put your money where your mouth is, we should bet on Maroney alone since Sjax was never part of a comparison. If you think I'm wrong about Maroney put your money where your loud-mouth is and let's bet it up. I have no problem backing up my claim as Maroney being in the top 10 - since you are disputing this, you should be more than eager to prove me wrong with a monetary bet. We can even send money to a third party now so no re-neg is possible. Let me know if you're ready to sack up.

If you want to put your money where your mouth is, we should bet on Maroney alone since Sjax was never part of a comparison. If you think I'm wrong about Maroney put your money where your loud-mouth is and let's bet it up. I have no problem backing up my claim as Maroney being in the top 10 - since you are disputing this, you should be more than eager to prove me wrong with a monetary bet. We can even send money to a third party now so no re-neg is possible. Let me know if you're ready to sack up.

:wacko:

Okay, so you are doing controlled weaseling. Well, at least your stuff is amusing.

Tell you what, let's put $100 on the line. If Maroney finishes as a top 5 FF RB in a .1/6/1 scoring system like you claim he can, you win. If he finshes out of the top 10 FF RBs, you lose. If he finshes FF RB6-10 we call it a draw. That ought to give you enough wiggle room if you are serious, and that will allow you to not be accountable in any way for your Jackson nonsense.

Edited by Bronco Billy

:D

Okay, so you are doing controlled weaseling. Well, at least your stuff is amusing.

Tell you what, let's put $100 on the line. If Maroney finishes as a top 5 FF RB in a .1/6/1 scoring system like you claim he can, you win. If he finshes out of the top 10 FF RBs, you lose. If he finshes FF RB6-10 we call it a draw. That ought to give you enough wiggle room if you are serious, and that will allow you to not be accountable in any way for your Jackson nonsense.

Wow, every ounce of respect I had for you is now gone. Please quote where I compared Sjax with Maroney in any way - it didn't happen. There is no controlled weasling at all going on. You are one of those guys that argues by twisting up the conversation and then pointing the finger - a true sign of a prick. Also, what I am sure about is that Maroney will be a top 10 - I also believe he can crack the top 5. You think my claim is stupid but now only want to bet on the most outlying possibility for Maroney (top 5). Hell, I wouldn't bet $100 on L.T. being in the top 5 or anyone for that matter. You find yourself on the losing end of an argument and this is what you resort to - just amazing!

I will bet $100 on Maroney being top 10 and that's it - but now you would rather say 6-10 is a draw :D What happened to your mocking of my Maroney top 10 claim - oh that's right, you only took part of my claim (possibility of top 5) and decided to use that exclusively like I'm just spewing crap. You are one piece of work BB - a blow hard monster truck aficionado in every way :wacko:

:wacko:

Actually, he's not. He's putting his money behind exactly what he claimed, that Maroney would be a top 10 back. That you're trying to hold him to the "good shot at 5" business smells a lot like someone who's too chicken to take an honest bet and wants to strong arm a guy into a worse bet than he ought to take.

Listen, based on where Maroney is rated in the Huddle (23), predicting top 10 is at least a reasonably bold prediction. Now, I understand that those rankings aren't gospel but, considering that this is the site we all choose to pay, it seems a fair barometer. If Maroney was 14 or 15, then I could certainly see that this was no big claim.

FWIW, I don't think he'll finish top 10 and would take that bet were it not for the fact that I simply don't have that strong of an opinion and hadn't made a point of laughing at his predictions. None the less, were I in your shoes, I wouldn't try to pull the chicken bleep backpedal that you're pulling nor imply that he was doing the same.

Wow, every ounce of respect I had for you is now gone. Please quote where I compared Sjax with Maroney in any way - it didn't happen. There is no controlled weasling at all going on. You are one of those guys that argues by twisting up the conversation and then pointing the finger - a true sign of a prick. Also, what I am sure about is that Maroney will be a top 10 - I also believe he can crack the top 5. You think my claim is stupid but now only want to bet on the most outlying possibility for Maroney (top 5). Hell, I wouldn't bet $100 on L.T. being in the top 5 or anyone for that matter. You find yourself on the losing end of an argument and this is what you resort to - just amazing!

I will bet $100 on Maroney being top 10 and that's it - but now you would rather say 6-10 is a draw :D What happened to your mocking of my Maroney top 10 claim - oh that's right, you only took part of my claim (possibility of top 5) and decided to use that exclusively like I'm just spewing crap. You are one piece of work BB - a blow hard monster truck aficionado in every way :wacko:

Did you or did you not make these statements:

Ok, here are guys I like a lot especially when factoring in their adp (in some instances, obviously not for L.T. etc...). Average draft position plays a hugh part in the minimal risk/high reward because many of the guys listed below have a good chance at top 10 but will be drafted after round 3. Also, I go with youth over experience in most cases, trying to get guys on the rise rather than guys (like Westy) that have done it for several years.

Maroney (Love him this year. Pats will pass less and my hunch is that BB will run more to combat all the DEFs trying to stop the air show. Maroney will be a top 10 with good chance to be top 5)

You asked for high upside guys and I provided you with Maroney because I do believe he will be top 10 with a good chance at top 5 and you can get him in round 3

So, you: 1) Make ridiculously stupid statements about Jackson, 2) After making the stupid statements you put conditions on them because you didn't forsee a fairly obvious event occurring (Jackson signing - which I did expect and drafted him when he slipped to 1.06), 3) Don't expect to be held accountable at all for the stupid statements about Jackson, 4) Make stupid predictions for Maroney's success, 5) Don't want to get into a sig bet on Maroney/Jackson because you don't have the stomach for something so benign, but rather demand money or homosexual gratification as payment for your projections on Maroney, 6) get offered a $100 bet based upon your projections for Maroney, and the 6) Bail out on those predictions when offered a cash bet for them.

You then have the balls to talk about losing respect for me and decide that you don't have to be held accountable for your nonsense about Maroney either unless you are allowed to back off to only a moderately ridiculous level rather than a completely and utterly ridiculous level on his numbers.

Take the bet I offered or shut the hell up. You've got your chance to put your acumen on the line. You boast about how much more you know about FF than me, and how bad I am at FF. Let's see what you've got, or walk away like the Nancy that I think you are. Own up to your own words for once, pal. They are quoted up there at the top.

If you're sure about maroney in the top 10, then you have no chance of losing money, with a good chance (your words, again) of winning $100 with your prediction of a top 5 finish for him happening.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Did you or did you not make these statements:

So, you: 1) Make ridiculously stupid statements about Jackson, 2) After making the stupid statements you put conditions on them because you didn't forsee a fairly obvious event occurring (Jackson signing - which I did expect and drafted him when he slipped to 1.06), 3) Don't expect to be held accountable at all for the stupid statements about Jackson, 4) Make stupid predictions for Maroney's success, 5) Don't want to get into a sig bet on Maroney/Jackson because you don't have the stomach for something so benign, but rather demand money or homosexual gratification as payment for your projections on Maroney, 6) get offered a $100 bet based upon your projections for Maroney, and the 6) Bail out on those predictions when offered a cash bet for them.

You then have the balls to talk about losing respect for me and decide that you don't have to be held accountable for your nonsense about Maroney either unless you are allowed to back off to only a moderately ridiculous level rather than a completely and utterly ridiculous level on his numbers.

Take the bet I offered or shut the hell up. You've got your chance to put your acumen on the line. You boast about how much more you know about FF than me, and how bad I am at FF. Let's see what you've got, or walk away like the Nancy that I think you are. Own up to your own words for once, pal. They are quoted up there at the top.

If you're sure about maroney in the top 10, then you have no chance of losing money, with a good chance (your words, again) of winning $100 with your prediction of a top 5 finish for him happening.

Anyone with reading comprehension skills can see through your B.S. This is comical now :wacko::D:D

Actually, he's not. He's putting his money behind exactly what he claimed, that Maroney would be a top 10 back. That you're trying to hold him to the "good shot at 5" business smells a lot like someone who's too chicken to take an honest bet and wants to strong arm a guy into a worse bet than he ought to take.

Listen, based on where Maroney is rated in the Huddle (23), predicting top 10 is at least a reasonably bold prediction. Now, I understand that those rankings aren't gospel but, considering that this is the site we all choose to pay, it seems a fair barometer. If Maroney was 14 or 15, then I could certainly see that this was no big claim.

FWIW, I don't think he'll finish top 10 and would take that bet were it not for the fact that I simply don't have that strong of an opinion and hadn't made a point of laughing at his predictions. None the less, were I in your shoes, I wouldn't try to pull the chicken bleep backpedal that you're pulling nor imply that he was doing the same.

:wacko: You manage to call my position based upon his words a chicken#### backpedal, but you sit on the sidelines and don't want any of the action yourself. Now that takes courage.

6) get offered a $100 bet based upon your projections for Maroney, and the 6) Bail out on those predictions when offered a cash bet for them.

Sorry BB but I gotta side with Brent here. His prediction was clearly that Maroney finishes in the top 10 and then he went on to say that he could even be top 5. As you so aptly point out with bolding and underlining, he said "a good chance" at top 5 versus "will be" a top 10. I mean, come on.

Anyone with reading comprehension skills can see through your B.S. This is comical now :wacko::D:D

Alright, chump. I'll even come down to your latest position. $100 bet. Maroney in a .1 pt per rush/rec yard from scrimmage;6 pts/ rush/rec TD; 1 point per reception scoring system. You win if he finishes as the #10 regular season overall scoring FF RB or better in 2008. I win if he finishes lower than the #10 regular season overall scoring FF RB in 2008. No other conditions. Period.

I have a feeling that your internal fortitude is worse than your music, but we'll see...

Edited by Bronco Billy

Sorry BB but I gotta side with Brent here. His prediction was clearly that Maroney finishes in the top 10 and then he went on to say that he could even be top 5. As you so aptly point out with bolding and underlining, he said "a good chance" at top 5 versus "will be" a top 10. I mean, come on.

I notice you aren't putting up any money, either.

In any case, my latest offer is on the board. Does that make you feel better about how we bet our money, or would you like to put more conditions on it?

:wacko: You manage to call my position based upon his words a chicken#### backpedal, but you sit on the sidelines and don't want any of the action yourself. Now that takes courage.

Hey, finger point guy. Go find a mirror. I'm not the one who said his prediction is stupid. I'm not the one who'd fixating on a part of his statement and trying to goad him into a bet.

Trust me, pretty much everyone who's reading this understands that you're coming off like a sackless tool.