[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

SJax - Still a Top 5 Back?

splotchman

Alright, chump. I'll even come down to your latest position. $100 bet. Maroney in a .1 pt per rush/rec yard from scrimmage;6 pts/ rush/rec TD; 1 point per reception scoring system. You win if he finishes as the #10 regular season overall scoring FF RB or better in 2008. I win if he finishes lower than the #10 regular season overall scoring FF RB in 2008. No other conditions. Period.

I have a feeling that your internal fortitude is worse than your music, but we'll see...

Just curious. Was PPR ever mentioned in the original claim? Just checking.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, finger point guy. Go find a mirror. I'm not the one who said his prediction is stupid. I'm not the one who'd fixating on a part of his statement and trying to goad him into a bet.

Trust me, pretty much everyone who's reading this understands that you're coming off like a sackless tool.

:wacko:

OK. Does that mean you're putting your money up given the latest offer or not? And if not, remind again why any of this is any of your business?

Alright, chump. I'll even come down to your latest position. $100 bet. Maroney in a .1 pt per rush/rec yard from scrimmage;6 pts/ rush/rec TD; 1 point per reception scoring system. You win if he finishes as the #10 regular season overall scoring FF RB or better in 2008. I win if he finishes lower than the #10 regular season overall scoring FF RB in 2008. No other conditions. Period.

I have a feeling that your internal fortitude is worse than your music, but we'll see...

Nice, now you're resorting to bashing my music :wacko: It takes a lot of courage to bash those that lay their soul and art on the line when you lay nothing out there. Can you represent yourself any better today? :D

Nice, now you're resorting to bashing my music :wacko: It takes a lot of courage to bash those that lay their soul and art on the line when you lay nothing out there. Can you represent yourself any better today? :D

I'm sorry. I missed the part where you made known whether you are willing to ante up on your assertions or not. If you don't like the mudslinging, you shouldn't have taken the fight into the pit in the first place.

Oh, and you're right. I am ashamed that I stuped to your level. My apologies.

Edited by Bronco Billy

OK. Does that mean you're putting your money up given the latest offer or not? And if not, remind again why any of this is any of your business?

Didn't he already say that he didn't agree that Maroney will be a top 10 back? I don't think he will either and you seem to be getting the impression that I'm arguing with you about the prediction for some reason. And if you don't want people jumping in, take the whole thing to PMs. Don't give someone crap for positing in an open thread of a public forum :wacko:

Yeah, I noticed that too. He's worried so he keeps tweaking the paramaters in his favor. 1st top 5 only, now PPR :wacko:

I've been talking about that scoring system from the beginning. Do you have a problem with that now? Or are you going to use that as your excuse this time for bailing on the bet?

Edited by Bronco Billy

Didn't he already say that he didn't agree that Maroney will be a top 10 back? I don't think he will either and you seem to be getting the impression that I'm arguing with you about the prediction for some reason. And if you don't want people jumping in, take the whole thing to PMs. Don't give someone crap for positing in an open thread of a public forum :wacko:

1) Of course I tried to hold him to the tightest conditions on his words. He was the one who said them, afterall. I used them. So fault me for it. I modified my position.

2) You are 100% right about the public forum. Well done.

At what point did you mention PPR other than the most recent proposal?

Holy crap! You are going to use that as an excuse to bail out.

Here you go:

I think you're providing ample evidence that my assessment was accurate.

But I'll tell you what, I'll give you a chance to put up or shut up.

How about we have sigline bet that Steven Jackson outperforms Lawrence Maroney in FF performance this coming season. Simple .1/6/1 scoring. That will give you a chance to back up what you're spewing. Do you have enough sack to stand behind your prognostications?

I just took SJax 5th. I guess that means he is top 5 in my book. :wacko:

In this scoring system, RBs get .5 PPR and .5 points per every 5 carries. I think he will get a lot of touches even if he doesn;t have the support to do as much as I would like, so that pushed him back into the top 5. I did consider both Portis and Gore.

Well, truth be told, it has less to do with whether or not you, BB, mentioned PPR, but rather whether or not Brent did. It is, after all, his claim on the line.

That you happened to try and fleece him even worse by heaping PPR onto the original SJax v Maroney bet does nothing more than show that you were trying prove a point that wasn't there to be proven.

The facts are quite simply this: Brent claims that Maroney will be a top 10 back this year. Unless he's assuming some very random scoring system, that appears to be a bold enough claim in and of itself. Non ppr leagues are pretty damned prevalent, so if that was the scoring system he was basing his original claim on, I don't think he would have had to specifically say so.

This really just looks more and more like you're about as big a weasel as they come.

Holy crap! You are going to use that as an excuse to bail out.

Here you go:

I didn't notice that the first go round.

Here's the deal - I will bet a minimal amount (say $25). From a 'play it smart' point-of-view it makes no sense for me to bet an additional $100 on Maroney when I have about 5 leagues totalling $500 where I plan on getting Maroney and essentially betting on him. Call me whatever name you wish since that seems to be your fallback but I have nothing to prove to you and I will not fall trap to your mudslinging. I am a smart gambler and have learned over the years to bet with my brain not my heart. $25 is still much more meaningful than a sigline. I have too many expenses going on right now to justify risking $100 betting with a douoush like you. So I will take your new terms with PPR scoring that you mentioned and I will wager $25 on that. I would also like to add that this is all conditional on 'barring injury'. If you are a true sportsman you will allow this condition since you wouldn't really be winning if Maroney goes down with injury during the season. Do you have the sack for that?

Since I don't trust you at all and I do feel confident I will win - I will only do this if we can send our money to another trusted huddler BEFORE the season begins so it will eliminate the possibility of you not paying up.

So to sum up:

I win $25 if Maroney finishes in the top 10 for RBs during the regular season. The scoring includes .1 per rush/receive/passing yard - 1pt per reception - 6pts per rush/rec/passing TD. IF Maroney does not finish in top 10 due to missing games because of injury, all bets are off.

You win $25 if Maroney does not finish as a top 10 RB per scoring rules stated above.

Fair?

Well, truth be told, it has less to do with whether or not you, BB, mentioned PPR, but rather whether or not Brent did. It is, after all, his claim on the line.

That you happened to try and fleece him even worse by heaping PPR onto the original SJax v Maroney bet does nothing more than show that you were trying prove a point that wasn't there to be proven.

The facts are quite simply this: Brent claims that Maroney will be a top 10 back this year. Unless he's assuming some very random scoring system, that appears to be a bold enough claim in and of itself. Non ppr leagues are pretty damned prevalent, so if that was the scoring system he was basing his original claim on, I don't think he would have had to specifically say so.

This really just looks more and more like you're about as big a weasel as they come.

He is. In the end, however, I accept the terms at a lower price. I have nothing to prove to him but I do like to gamble. We all know that Maroney doesn't get receptions but I was willing to include them because I'm tired of arguing with this female cleanser.

So you're saying that you were foolish and borderline retarded in '05? I mean, it's not that long ago.

I'm saying as often as people bring them up to flex their intellectual muscles, they are foolish and idiotic in my opinion. What are your opinion of them Detlef? Do you think they are wise and full of moxie? Please tell.

And 3 years ago at the Huddle is quite a long time ago. :wacko:

Hey, finger point guy. Go find a mirror. I'm not the one who said his prediction is stupid. I'm not the one who'd fixating on a part of his statement and trying to goad him into a bet.

Trust me, pretty much everyone who's reading this understands that you're coming off like a sackless tool.

You always resort to name calling :D and never bring your facts :wacko: . I'm reading this as objectively as possible and you just continue to come off as a pompous tool. :D:D

Edited by Big Ernie McCracken

I'm saying as often as people bring them up to flex their intellectual muscles, they are foolish and idiotic in my opinion. What are your opinion of them Detlef? Do you think they are wise and full of moxie? Please tell.

And 3 years ago at the Huddle is quite a long time ago. :wacko:

:D Nope. It's just you left the storm door open there so I couldn't help myself. That's all. Truth be told, I completely agree with the 2008 version of you on this point.

You always resort to name calling :D and never bring your facts :wacko: . I'm reading this as objectively as possible and you just continue to come off as a pompous tool. :D :D

You know maybe 1 out of every ten times I see a post of yours in one of these threads, I decide to bother clicking "read this post". I'm then quickly reminded why I really shouldn't bother.

That you read this "as objectively as possible" and came to the conclusion that I never bring facts just shows that you're incapable or any sort of logical thought or reason. Then again, that unfortunate truth was doubted by few around here.

I'll give you this. I am pompous. I've never claimed otherwise.

So to sum up:

I win $25 if Maroney finishes in the top 10 for RBs during the regular season. The scoring includes .1 per rush/receive/passing yard - 1pt per reception - 6pts per rush/rec/passing TD. IF Maroney does not finish in top 10 due to missing games because of injury, all bets are off.

You win $25 if Maroney does not finish as a top 10 RB per scoring rules stated above.

Fair?

So now you want more conditions, to change them yet again, and you want to weasel on the money. And then you have the balls to say that you can't trust me?

Get screwed. You have my terms. Take them or leave them. Ask Mommy for a loan or whatever it takes. Risk is risk. I didn't make any injury exception when I wanted the Jackson/Maroney comparison that you weaseled out on. You made your claim - top 10, good chance at top 5. Then you got your toady Detlef to join in your circle jerk as if he has any credibility and sure as hell has no intention of going out on any kind of limb when it comes to money in this bet.

Make you decision. It's simple. You made your claim. Back it up. Or walk away & leave this alone - for good.

Edited by Bronco Billy

Tell you what Brent, I'll take your bet as you have offered it.

$25. My only requirement is that the winner has to spend it on beer.

Frankly, I don't care if you want to just virtual shake on this or find a proxy. Whatever suits you.

As for the injury thing, I assume that we're actually talking injured here, not just showing up on Bellcheat's injury report.

Oh, and if I may use the urinal that is BB once again. Big, big difference between putting an injury restriction on a bet between two players and one between a player and the rest of the league. (Which is exactly the difference between your initial bet and the one he was offering up). In your case, either SJax or Maroney or both could get injured. In other words, there was just as much chance of either of you losing the bet due to injury with your bet but he was really the only one that could lose his bet that way. Every stud back in the league plus Maroney could blow out their knees and he still wouldn't finish top 10 because somebody would have been there to tote the rock.

Edited by detlef

did you switch medications today?

:wacko:

No, but people have been pissing me off all day. Always want to put the blame anywhere but themselves and use someone else for a scapegoat. I'm tired of being a urinal. Brent caught me on the wrong day, but that doesn't change the fact that he's watered down this Maroney claim at every turn & opportunity. I'd like to see him end this thing by accepting a very simple small wager with very simple terms without trying to dilute the bet yet again.