[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Indy/Minn

tonyr0802

Now we get to see Manning without a dominant line. :D

And he won without it. :D

Is Dan Dierdorf related to Tarvaris or something? He just CAN'T UNDERSTAND why Vikings fans are booing him. :wacko:

Childress should lose his job for sticking with Tarvaris. He makes Kyle Orton look like Joe Montana.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And he won without it. :D

Is Dan Dierdorf related to Tarvaris or something? He just CAN'T UNDERSTAND why Vikings fans are booing him. :wacko:

Childress should lose his job for sticking with Tarvaris. He makes Kyle Orton look like Joe Montana.

Shanko dropped a TD pass, plus I am not sure that Addai TD was one. Then a non pass interference call that obvious and given us a 1st down. TJ jack didn't lose the game.

Shanko dropped a TD pass, plus I am not sure that Addai TD was one. Then a non pass interference call that obvious and given us a 1st down. TJ jack didn't lose the game.

Reggie Wayne let a sure 40-yd gain go through his hands and the refs missed a blatant horse-collar tackle on Peyton. What's your point?

The bottom line is that, despite having no O-line or running game, Peyton was able to get the Colts into the endzone twice. On the other hand, despite his team completely dominating the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball, Tarvaris wasn't able to get the Vikes into the endzone AT ALL. It's downright amazing how freaking bad Tarvaris is. Rex Grossman could've done better.

Reggie Wayne let a sure 40-yd gain go through his hands and the refs missed a blatant horse-collar tackle on Peyton. What's your point?

The bottom line is that, despite having no O-line or running game, Peyton was able to get the Colts into the endzone twice. On the other hand, despite his team completely dominating the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball, Tarvaris wasn't able to get the Vikes into the endzone AT ALL. It's downright amazing how freaking bad Tarvaris is. Rex Grossman could've done better.

The Refs helped him get in with one. Shanko dropped a TD pass. My point is just what I wrote. It's not all TJacks fault.

We lost and it sucks...good bye.

Reality twice

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/play...00_biggames.htm

and not including his rushing stats.

But I'm not sure why he felt he had to throw for 300 yards when they dominated the league in rushing. :wacko:

I'm not gonna check, but I bet Manning has more than two 300 yard performances. Just guessing though.

It doesn't really matter. Vick's in jail, is a bust of a QB . . . and Manning is a Super Bowl winning QB, just coming off knee surgery, who still put the Colts on his back (despite all the injuries) and beat a pretty good Vikes team in Minny. But keep rationalizing it. :D

I can see WaterMan excitedly preparing what he was going to say about manning as the Colts were losing. Imagine his dejection as the Colts won without 4 starting offensive linemen, their starting TE, and Bob Sanders out too. . . :D

For those looking from the sidelines...

The PLAYCALLING is unimanigative....YES TJax does make some crap throws, but I'm sorry I'm blaming a lot on Childress and his ghey lover from Wisconsin OC D. Bevell.

I mean, you can only run the same plays over and over and over before the D...ANY D catches on 2 plays ago.

Edited by Valhalla

The Refs helped him get in with one.

That's not what the replay showed. And even if you were right, it would've been 4th and goal on the one inch line. I like Indy's chances there.

Shanko dropped a TD pass.

How many other balls did Jackson throw into the endzone?

My point is just what I wrote. It's not all TJacks fault.

"Not at all"? The Vikings completely dominate on the ground, and all Tarvaris can muster is 130 passing yds (with a measly 5.4 yds/att) and zero TDs? And remember, this is the Colts defense, not the '85 Bears. I'm not saying it's ALL his fault, but his sucky ass deserves a significant chunk of the blame.

The PLAYCALLING is unimanigative....YES TJax does make some crap throws, but I'm sorry I'm blaming a lot on Childress and his ghey lover from Wisconsin OC D. Bevell.

I mean, you can only run the same plays over and over and over before the D...ANY D catches on 2 plays ago.

I agree. Everybody saw that bootleg coming on 3rd down on MIN's last drive. And early on in the game, I was wondering what in the heck they were doing running AP outside. Especially when the Colts don't have an NFL-caliber DT on their roster.

Edited by Bill Swerski

Throwing deep on 3rd and 5 repeatedly is absolutely idiotic, and those were some of Childress' better calls. I would use another word than "unimaginitive", but I'd probably get banned. TJax sucks, but he's getting no help from his receivers (and TE's of course) or the play calling. :wacko:

:D

At least the Bears lost. :D

Throwing deep on 3rd and 5 repeatedly is absolutely idiotic, and those were some of Childress' better calls. I would use another word than "unimaginitive", but I'd probably get banned. TJax sucks, but he's getting no help from his receivers (and TE's of course) or the play calling. :wacko:

:D

At least the Bears lost. :D

Childress' KAO is as boring and unimaginitive as Childress is monotone and painful to listen to speak. Seriously...forget about waterboarding. You wanna torture someone? Make them listen to Chilly speak for a while!

Putting aside the misery that is hearing BC speak, if you actually listen to what he says, I think you can gain insight into why his offense(save for the running game sometimes) sucks like a $0.50 whore. You can tell he is very analytical and looks at everything as a process. That is necessary to a point, but I think he goes WAY too far with it. I think he gets too caught up in analyzing every little thing (ie the QB in the WCO should have approx a 60% or greater Comp %) and forgets it is a game. I think he out-thinks himself and makes it tougher than it needs to be. I think he spends too much time in the micro and not enough in the macro and (as a result) certain parts of his team are statisically far better than others and the big picture is a team that loses more than it wins.

– Vikings coach Brad Childress said Jackson is his starter and is not in jeopardy of losing his job. :wacko: Jackson completed 14 of 24 passes for 130 yards. He had a 73.3 passer rating and was sacked three times.

– Tight end Visanthe Shiancoe insisted things would be different this season, but he had a drop last week at Green Bay and dropped a pass in the end zone Sunday. That should have been a TD and a 10-0 lead. Shiancoe dropped three potential touchdown passes last season.

– The Vikings were only 2 of 13 on third down.

– The Vikings offensive line controlled the line of scrimmage and enabled Adrian Peterson to rush for 160 yards on 29 carries. At one point they called six straight runs up the middle.

Offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell said the Colts brought the eighth man — usually Bob Sanders — into the box to try and stop the run. Indy’s defensive line is obviously undersized and short-handed without Ed Johnson.

– The Vikings defensive front four got about as much pressure as you can expect on Peyton Manning, but he still managed to beat them with several criticial throws.

Manning went right after Cedric Griffin, who had a nightmare day. He could not contain Anthony Gonzalez, who changed the momentum with that big catch and then lateral to Reggie Wayne in the third quarter. Griffin admitted he gambled on the play and got burned.

– Darren Sharper said Manning got defenders to bite on a play-action on the 32-yard touchdown pass to Reggie Wayne up the seam in the fourth.

– The defense held the Colts to 25 yards rushing on 19 carries (1.3 yard average).

– After being held in check last week, Jared Allen had a nice game, finishing with one sack, three tackles and two quarterback hurries.

– Linebacker E.J. Henderson had six tackles, one sack, three tackles for loss and a quarterback hurry.

http://blogs.startribune.com/vikingsblog/?p=1924