[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is Michael "the burner" Turner for real?

kicktothehead

because their defense is good and they have a good enough OL to run the ball.....and he's talented enough....

and Turner is the one on a bad team.....Forte is just on an average team....

Bears aren't going to get blown out like that (except this sunday night)...but Falcons will get blown out quite a few times.....not so good for the run game...

Forte has the better defense on his side to keep games close. But Turner has the better passing attack on his side to potentially open things up a little. Forte will always be the focus on opposing defenses. Ryan at least has White and Robinson or Jenkins to make defenses shift attention occassionally.

i like Forte too, but he's gonna take a pounding this year....especially if he hauls the rock as many times as he has so far.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Addai? :wacko: Over ... Rated!

I see Addai coming back after the bye and playing well...as well as the Colts offense...

a bye is exactly what they need right now since their success is usually based on momentum and Manning's timing...

this is the time to scoop up Addai or Wayne on the cheap...or cheaper anyways...

Forte has the better defense on his side to keep games close. But Turner has the better passing attack on his side to potentially open things up a little. Forte will always be the focus on opposing defenses. Ryan at least has White and Robinson or Jenkins to make defenses shift attention occassionally.

i like Forte too, but he's gonna take a pounding this year....especially if he hauls the rock as many times as he has so far.

I still feel like they played two of the worst teams in the NFL at home and exploited...

Matt Ryan made 2 college defense's look like 2 college defense's....it's true...

I just think that if he played better in week 2 (I mean we're basing this off 3 weeks already and he's no longer a Charger, apples and oranges there..) I would have him in my top 10...

if he can get 70 yds and a TD this week, I'll put him in my top 10..

Little tidbit I saw in my morning paper this morning for those of you thinking of benching turner on the road. Cullen Jenkins was placed on IR.

Jenkins out

Pickett dinged

Hawk questionable

Bigby out

Harris out

Rouse out

I have a feeling that Turner is going to run all over my team... I'm thinking 120 and 2 TD's... :wacko:

Jenkins out

Pickett dinged

Hawk questionable

Bigby out

Harris out

Rouse out

I have a feeling that Turner is going to run all over my team... I'm thinking 120 and 2 TD's... :wacko:

I don't know about ALL OVER, but he should have a decent game unless the backups step up.

I don't know about ALL OVER, but he should have a decent game unless the backups step up.

The two best run stoppers on the D line are out, Hawk who has been a beast so far this year is very questionable, which would put Brandon Chillar in at his spot. He's stout against the pass, but from what I've seen very suspect against the run. Bigby is very much a safety that gets involved in the running game as well... Also, look at what power backs have done to this defense so far this year...

The two best run stoppers on the D line are out, Hawk who has been a beast so far this year is very questionable, which would put Brandon Chillar in at his spot. He's stout against the pass, but from what I've seen very suspect against the run. Bigby is very much a safety that gets involved in the running game as well... Also, look at what power backs have done to this defense so far this year...

Falcons don't have a power back...but it will be very interesting to see how much the Falcons are able to run this week with Rodgers being hampered and the Packers D being crippled as it is...

the Falcons OL is very very average, but may have the chance to open some big holes this week if the Packers don't somehow manage to jump on them early...

Falcons don't have a power back...

Ummmm, yes they do. His name is Micheal Turner. The whole "the Burner" moniker came from Chris Berman after he broke a long one. It rhymes but is not exactly accurate. Turner has decent speed, but is by no means is one of the faster RBs in the league. He was always a great guy to come in and pound the ball and protect a lead. Turner was known much more as a between the tackles runner than a speed guy.

The "fast guy" in ATL is Norwood. He is much more capable of breaking a long one with speed than Turner. Turner is a pounder, and my biggest concern with him is durability. Even though he was never a full time starter, Turner seemed to always be dinged during the season, mostly because of his physical style. IF he can stay healthy in the primary RB role for the whole season (a role new to him), he is a solid #1 and can take up chunks and demoralize a defense.

The Chargers have a great O-line, and that is a difference worth mentioning as well. Bringing Turner in, to protect a lead and pound on a worn out defense is a very different role than a full game, #1 starter.

I think Turner is a great kid and was sorry to see him leave SD. I hope he does well in ATL and wish him the best! The jury is still out and only a full season of being "the guy" will answer the questions posed in this thread.

Ummmm, yes they do. His name is Micheal Turner. The whole "the Burner" moniker came from Chris Berman after he broke a long one. It rhymes but is not exactly accurate. Turner has decent speed, but is by no means is one of the faster RBs in the league. He was always a great guy to come in and pound the ball and protect a lead. Turner was known much more as a between the tackles runner than a speed guy.

The "fast guy" in ATL is Norwood. He is much more capable of breaking a long one with speed than Turner. Turner is a pounder, and my biggest concern with him is durability. Even though he was never a full time starter, Turner seemed to always be dinged during the season, mostly because of his physical style. IF he can stay healthy in the primary RB role for the whole season (a role new to him), he is a solid #1 and can take up chunks and demoralize a defense.

The Chargers have a great O-line, and that is a difference worth mentioning as well. Bringing Turner in, to protect a lead and pound on a worn out defense is a very different role than a full game, #1 starter.

I think Turner is a great kid and was sorry to see him leave SD. I hope he does well in ATL and wish him the best! The jury is still out and only a full season of being "the guy" will answer the questions posed in this thread.

ahaha that was a great novel...I'll be sure to read it in parts....

Turner is great, but when good Defenses start keying in and don't have to respect the pass, even some of the best have problems.

This is the case with THE BURNER

Matt Ryan made some good throws and kept the Packers down early...

Turner had the cushion to run as often as possible which allowed him to get his 100 yds....I feared it would be much worse as my opponent has him and half the Packers D was not playing....

he still did well enough for a productive game...

Jenkins out

Pickett dinged

Hawk questionable

Bigby out

Harris out

Rouse out

If you have any more "feelings" next week, please PM me. TIA.

Matt Ryan made some good throws and kept the Packers down early...

Turner had the cushion to run as often as possible which allowed him to get his 100 yds....I feared it would be much worse as my opponent has him and half the Packers D was not playing....

he still did well enough for a productive game...

Matt Ryan made the easy throws when he needed to... Roddy White had so much separation with whoever was covering him, it wasn't even funny. For the first time in a very long time, Charles Woodson looked silly. I'm not sure you watched the game, as the packers didn't give Turner any cushion to run, they just couldn't stop him. You seem like you decided well before the year started that you were not high on Turner and will find any excuse possible to validate your opinion of him.

OK, I think it's time to stop using excuses about how Turner is doing so well. Sure he's had some mediocre games, but 3 out of 5 weeks he's torn it up. He's been a great pickup for my fantasy team having drafted him in the 5th round. I honestly can't see benching him for the foreseeable future in my 16 team league aside from bye week or injury

Edited by efi4eye

OK, I think it's time to stop using excuses about how Turner is doing so well. Sure he's had some mediocre games, but 3 out of 5 weeks he's torn it up. He's been a great pickup for my fantasy team having drafted him in the 5th round. I honestly can't see benching him for the foreseeable future in my 16 team league aside from bye week or injury

Michael Turner shouldn't be benched in any league size. He's undeniably a top ten fantasy back.

Matt Ryan made the easy throws when he needed to... Roddy White had so much separation with whoever was covering him, it wasn't even funny. For the first time in a very long time, Charles Woodson looked silly. I'm not sure you watched the game, as the packers didn't give Turner any cushion to run, they just couldn't stop him. You seem like you decided well before the year started that you were not high on Turner and will find any excuse possible to validate your opinion of him.

:wacko:...the cushion was by the score....cushion has nothing to do with the opposing team since it's the Falcons with the cushion...which is the lead...which also (I know this is crazy) allows them to run the ball 30+ times...the Packers D is also crippled right now...of course that's an excuse :D

I still don't believe Turner is a top 10 fantasy back...that's just my take, I don't get why everyone is taking this so personal...

Turner will struggle next week....have a bye and then struggle against the eagles the following week and then have a 100+yd game with a TD or 2 vs the Raiders...then struggle against the saints because the Falcons won't be able to run the ball in a likely shootout....

and the same can be said about the following game against the Broncos, but I can see him scoring twice while being held under 100 because of a shootout...and then struggle against his unfavorable matchups in the final month of the season, but he'll probably turn out a good performance against the Bucs...

of course, every week he has an unfavorable matchup, the opposing defense might have half their quality players go down a week before the game....so I'll be wrong then... :D

where were you last week?....you didn't see me showboating after he got stuffed?...

peaks and valleys...wait a few games and let things pan out before you shoot yer load..

I still say this is what you can expect with any back. Every RB has good and bad games. I still think we'll see Turner as one of the top 5 backs this year in terms of stats. He is leading the league in rushing so far after 5 games, I think he deserves some credibility