[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How many championships did The Huddle help you win this year?

The Yakuza

I know exactly where your coming from. I play in 3 local leagues its the 1st time in many years I didn't at least win 1 of them.

I am completely crushed in my dyansty league sitting Rivers cost me the game. Played him all year and then pull him. Seemed like the right move at the time but when looking back on it if I was going to lose I would have felt better going down with Rivers at QB then Shaun Hill.

Also I am crushed over blowing my $1,000 entry league sitting S-Holmes who granted was only avg this year but avg 10 to 12 pts per game and ended up putting up 20 pts this week where as D-Branch was doing nothing all year but 1 lucky 2 TD game and I took him and lost because of it.

$2,500 gone because of 1 move.

I sit here every night just staring at the boxscores of those 2 leagues wondering why...why did I do that...why ?

So the pain you feel I feel as well and even though I can talk about it until I am blue in the face nothing can change the fact that I blew 2 leagues myself when I could have won them easily. Then to have to watch Den/SD come Sunday night I know that is going to reopen the wound that much wider seeing Rivers, Tomlinson, Marshall and Gates blow up while I sit on the sidelines. :wacko:

Rule #3:

Never change your lineup Sunday morning.

#3a. Unless for injuries

EVER!!!

It took me along time to stop myself from doing crazy chit on Sunday morning. It's almost a compulsion to go frock with my lineup. I have to stop myself from logging in some days cause I know I want to make a switch.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lot's of good replies. You have to remember that The Huddle's guesses are no better than yours. I also have to say that the NFL seemed to be very unpredictable this year. Of course they are unpredictable every year but this year was abnormal in my opinion. (See the Denver Broncos).

My favorite part of The Huddle is the predraft rankings that are all Tier'd out. That is the sheet I used to draft my team and most of my guys turned out to be good.

I've read David's book and it is excellent. The most important thing I learned was understanding my scoring system. I used to think all about the RBs and when I did my research my league tends to favor QBs more. Well last year I had Brady and this year I had Brees and I've won both years.

It was good to see The Huddle dial down L.T.s expectations. He's washed up and I wouldn't be surprised to see him drop a ways in next years drafts.

Rule #3:

Never change your lineup Sunday morning.

#3a. Unless for injuries

EVER!!!

It took me along time to stop myself from doing crazy chit on Sunday morning. It's almost a compulsion to go frock with my lineup. I have to stop myself from logging in some days cause I know I want to make a switch.

After 3 experiences doing just that, next year and every year after I'm taping myself to the Fing chair on Sunday morning !

The Donutrun Empire played in 7 leagues this year, should get 2-3 championships:

Head to Head: Finished 2nd, 2nd, 3rd, and 5th.

Salary Cap: Am in 1st, 1st, and 1st headed into week 17, with strong leads in each, should win at least 2 of the 3.

Here's a shout out to the IDP Interactive feature -- I appreciate the chance to talk through my options.