[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

How many championships did The Huddle help you win this year?

The Yakuza

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You won with Dan Orvolsky as your QB. That's quite an accomplishment.

Yeah, I was hoping no one would notice that. Nothing like making a starting change with 60 seconds left.

I'd like to thank the Huddle and of all people, Tyler FREAKING Thigpen for helping me pull off the first ever threepeat in my main league this year!!!

I went 1-1 in title games this weekend, but I won the one that counted!!! :wacko:

I won 3 out of 4 championships.

I won Huddle Rejects, WDDL, WDL. All are board supported by the Huddle. I came in second place in the Huddle Ladder. Won the scoring title in the Huddle Ladder though. Just had a okay week in Ladder than my super scoring machine team. But overall I am very happy.

I forgot to answer the question. The Huddle did not help me win my championships. This board forum on the other hand did help out some. I did not have much time to devote to my leagues this year until about week 11. Thats when I finished my Master Degree in HR Management. Somehow, it all came together at the end.

It's been a couple of seasons since I have been able to post in the "who won their Fantasy Bowl" thread, so forgive me if I type slowly & enjoy it ... in any event, this was a Super Bowl winning lineup in my BOTH league:

- D. Brees

- D. Foster

- S. Morris

- D. Williams

- L. Fitzgerald

- W. Welker

- M. Bryant

- NYG Defense/ST

Others that contributed with some significance at various times during the season included:

I. Bruce, A. Gonzales, E. James, F. Gore, R. Bironas, T. Choice, S. Breaston.

Master leagues?

Sho'nuff: Well, well, well. If it isn't the serious, elusive Henry Muto. I've been waiting a long time for this, Muto. I am sick and tired of hearing these bull$hit Superman stories about the wassa legendary Henry Muto playing in thousand dollar leagues. Thousand dollar leagues? Nigga please.

Sho'nuff: Alright, Henry, who is the one and only master?

Henry Muto: I am!

oh, and i won my local, and made the playoffs in 3 out of 5 of my Both leagues

I haven't read the entire thread, but at the very least I want to commend you for a wonderfully obscure pop culture reference to "The Last Dragon". The 80's were great for kicking out little gems of movies like this one...

As for championships, I went 2 for 3 this year. I steamrolled one of the leagues with this lineup:

Brees

Colston (a mixed bag earlier in the year when he was out, including L. Coles, D. Avery, Ocho)

Roddy

Forte

AP

Chris Johnson

Gates

I would have made the SB in all three leagues, but I actually ignored the advice on this board when making a roster decision that I was just flat out determined to make. Cost me $$$ in my biggest money league.

Two BOTH Leagues, first round tank in one. Four non-Huddle leagues, two thirds, a fourth and a 5th. :wacko: The two third place teams were high points in those leagues and tanked last week before HUGH weeks for third place :D

I am in three leagues and would no doubt give props to the Huddle for helping to pave the way to one championship this year. The funny thing is though, the league I won is a BOTH league(12 wins) and the other two have no Huddlers and I combined for only 8 wins.

Specifically, I had my eye on Antonio Bryant during training camp and being in the Huddle reaffirmed my decision to take a flyer on him. He and Slaton carried me the last few weeks. I had a nice little late draft run of players.

I haven't read the entire thread, but at the very least I want to commend you for a wonderfully obscure pop culture reference to "The Last Dragon". The 80's were great for kicking out little gems of movies like this one...

Just wait till the Samuel L Jackson version comes out...

and i really wouldnt say the thehuddle.com helped me, the forums.thehuddle.com did though. tell you the truth, i dont think i look at the main page more than a few times a year.

My first draft was in 1988. I've still never won a league and thehuddle is a big part of that.

I did win my first ff title of any kind in a BOTH Toilet Bowl so despite much higher expectations for this roster, I will take the opportunity to brag.

Started:

QB - M. Cassel

RB - T. Hightower

RB. A. Peterson (MIN)

WR - A. Bryant

WR - D. Driver

WR - T. Owens

TE - D. Clark

PK - S. Janikowski

St/D - TEN

:wacko:

Zero. Big Money league. I switched K Smith out for D Foster at the last second and lost by 9.......this comes after I lost by 4 points last year after switching out players at the last second again...

Words cannot describe my dissapointment.

I know exactly where your coming from. I play in 3 local leagues its the 1st time in many years I didn't at least win 1 of them.

I am completely crushed in my dyansty league sitting Rivers cost me the game. Played him all year and then pull him. Seemed like the right move at the time but when looking back on it if I was going to lose I would have felt better going down with Rivers at QB then Shaun Hill.

Also I am crushed over blowing my $1,000 entry league sitting S-Holmes who granted was only avg this year but avg 10 to 12 pts per game and ended up putting up 20 pts this week where as D-Branch was doing nothing all year but 1 lucky 2 TD game and I took him and lost because of it.

$2,500 gone because of 1 move.

I sit here every night just staring at the boxscores of those 2 leagues wondering why...why did I do that...why ?

So the pain you feel I feel as well and even though I can talk about it until I am blue in the face nothing can change the fact that I blew 2 leagues myself when I could have won them easily. Then to have to watch Den/SD come Sunday night I know that is going to reopen the wound that much wider seeing Rivers, Tomlinson, Marshall and Gates blow up while I sit on the sidelines. :wacko: