[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I thought this was interesting

billay

In one league I am in this year there is remarkable concentration of the top 16 running backs on just a very few teams. However these teams are not currently performing as well as you might think, given their running back prowess. This is a 12 team PPR league, (I am ranking the RB's by total points scored.)

Team A has the #1, #2 and #15 RB. Current record: 2-3

Team B has the #3 & #4 RB. Current record 2-3

Team C has the # 6, #8, & #9 RB. Current Record 2-3

Team D has the #11 & #12 RB. Current Record: 1-4

Team E has the #13, #14 & #16 RB. Current Record: 2-3

Obviously, this does not take into account whether or not owners actually started any of these players, but it struck me that not a single one of these teams has a winning record or is leading their division.

Conversely, 2 teams with records better than these have only 1 RB in the top 16 (#5, #7), and 3 of them do not have a RB in the top 16 at all.

Just thought it was interesting...

Edited by billay

in my local, I have the #1, #12 and #17 ranked RB's and I am 4-1

these 3 are Rice, McGahee and Bradshaw in order......let alone Pierre Thomas at #29, but having 2 monster weeks in a row before the bye...

To me, I think Billay's point is valid and the RBs listed above do advance the premise, albeit in another way. While the actual RB rankings are obviously important to a team's success, drafting a RB high in the draft is not. None of the RBs listed above were picked in the first two rounds or 3rd round in most leagues outside of Thomas.

The RB, RB, or Stud RB strategy is officially dead!

Getting your picks right is more important. In 4 of my 5 leagues, the guy who drafted AP is not sniffing the top of the standings.

The problem this year is consistency. So many hit and misses week to week, no more sure thing "100 and a TD" from a stud RB. Ronnie Brown might be the exception here and AP is close.

In one league I have MJD,Barber, Benson, Rice, standard scoring. But not once have I dressed the right lineup. Not even close! i.e. Benson and his 70 yards against Cleve....or Benson's 120 + 1 last week on my pine. MJD? well I think he told the media everything you need to know. The stud has become a decoy. Bottom line? I hope you drafted solid QB and WR because RBs have become as consistent as WR outdoors in december...

The problem this year is consistency. So many hit and misses week to week, no more sure thing "100 and a TD" from a stud RB. Ronnie Brown might be the exception here and AP is close.

In one league I have MJD,Barber, Benson, Rice, standard scoring. But not once have I dressed the right lineup. Not even close! i.e. Benson and his 70 yards against Cleve....or Benson's 120 + 1 last week on my pine. MJD? well I think he told the media everything you need to know. The stud has become a decoy. Bottom line? I hope you drafted solid QB and WR because RBs have become as consistent as WR outdoors in december...

This is a problem in the league mentioned above as well. Looking deeper, I noticed that 3 of the top 16 RB's have yet to be started at all: Addai, Ricky Williams, and Hightower, and several others have only been started around 50% of the time.

To me, I think Billay's point is valid and the RBs listed above do advance the premise, albeit in another way. While the actual RB rankings are obviously important to a team's success, drafting a RB high in the draft is not. None of the RBs listed above were picked in the first two rounds or 3rd round in most leagues outside of Thomas.

The RB, RB, or Stud RB strategy is officially dead!

Getting your picks right is more important. In 4 of my 5 leagues, the guy who drafted AP is not sniffing the top of the standings.

exactly, my 1st 2 picks were Brees and Moss....and then Gates in the 3rd....

QB-WR-TE and then I started pouring on the RB's....

I can definitely hear that....

I have P Thomas, Bush, M Bell, Rice, McGahee and Bradshaw....week 5 was the 1st time I started the best 2 RB's....but any other week I pretty much hit with one of them at best.....

it's PPR and the scoring doubles when a RB catches/throws....

in Huddle Ladder I have Deangelo, Turner, Brown, Bradshaw and Coffee.....drafted all 5 and very rarely put together the best combination due to turner and DeAngelo being must starts most of the way....

right now it looks like Brown and Bradshaw might be must starts and then I'd have to choose between DeAngelo and Turner.....but this goes against my rule of thumb....

How do they rank in the power rankings?
Team A has the #1, #2 and #15 RB. Current record: 2-3 Power Ranking: 4th

Team B has the #3 & #4 RB. Current record 2-3 Power Ranking: 8th

Team C has the # 6, #8, & #9 RB. Current Record 2-3 Power Ranking: 3rd

Team D has the #11 & #12 RB. Current Record: 1-4 Power Ranking: 5th

Team E has the #13, #14 & #16 RB. Current Record: 2-3 Power Ranking: 10th

i'm 5-1(includes double header) in 12 team league with RB ranks of 6(rice), 27(grant), 43(westbrook), 46(mccoy), & 76(wells). i'm 4-1 in 10 team league with ranks of 5(mjd),12(t. jones), 22(p. thomas), 23(moreno), & 35(m. bell).

i'm also high scorer in both leagues.

How do they rank in the power rankings?

i dont like the power rankings at MFL because it gives to much weight to the bench points a team has...all play, imo is a much better indicator but this early in the season one bad week can skew that a bunch too

Edited by keggerz

i dont like the power rankings at MFL because it gives to much weight to the bench points a team has...all play, imo is a much better indicator but this early in the season one bad week can skew that a bunch too

I agree. The total head-to-head matchups tell the real story. From what was posted the RB teams look to be more unlucky than bad.