[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

And the Broncos' best QB is...

Bronco Billy

From the sportscasters watching DEN OTAs, including 104.3 FM The Fan and former Bronco Alfred Williams (who bleeds blue & orange):

All 4 QBs were lined up and throwing the ball. Orton and Quinn both looked ordinary, and both required a lot of arc to get the ball deep - their description was that it took the ball forever to get there (in fact, Orton's throws took a little longer than Quinn's, whose deep throws took forever). Tebow was also throwing the ball, but didn't look like anything special. In fact, they said he fit right in with Orton and Quinn in how ordinary he looked.

They also described the scene as looking like 3 QBs and a HB throwing the football.

The guy who stood out: Tom Brandstater. Said his arm looked lively, that he looked like the one guy who could take over the spot, and that he clearly had the strongest arm and was making the best throws.

:wacko:

So what does McDumbnuts do if his best QB is last year's 6th round draft pick?

Edited by Bronco Billy

From the sportscasters watching DEN OTAs, including 104.3 FM The Fan and former Bronco Alfred Williams (who bleeds blue & orange):

All 4 QBs were lined up and throwing the ball. Orton and Quinn both looked ordinary, and both required a lot of arc to get the ball deep - their description was that it took the ball forever to get there (in fact, Orton's throws took a little longer than Quinn's, whose deep throws took forever). Tebow was also throwing the ball, but didn't look like anything special. In fact, they said he fit right in with Orton and Quinn in how ordinary he looked.

They also described the scene as looking like 3 QBs and a HB throwing the football.

The guy who stood out: Tom Brandstater. Said his arm looked lively, that he looked like the one guy who could take over the spot, and that he clearly had the strongest arm and was making the best throws.

:wacko:

So what does McDumbnuts do if his best QB is last year's 6th round draft pick?

he'll trade him for a 5th round pick!....

I thought Quinn was supposed to have a pretty strong arm. It's surprising to hear he looked like Orton. Maybe I'm just remembering incorrectly, but I thought Quinn was touted as a bit of a workout freak coming out of ND.

I thought Quinn was supposed to have a pretty strong arm. It's surprising to hear he looked like Orton. Maybe I'm just remembering incorrectly, but I thought Quinn was touted as a bit of a workout freak coming out of ND.

yeah, he just doesn't know how to throw the ball more than 15-20 yds.....he has the tools to do it, but can't....

he's got these big bear paws and doesn't know what to do with them...

I'll bet he can out-bench and out-curl Favre in the weight room by a bunch every day of the week. Unfortunately, putting accurate velocity on a football has a lot more to do with mechanics, quick twitch muscles, and proper weight distribution than it does with simple gray muscle mass & strength.

I'm not ready to crown the guy who throws the zippiest long ball as the best QB on the roster. There's a lot more to being a QB than hucking it long.

Agreed.

had Jamarcus Russell been on the field with them, he may have been the top-rated passer of the bunch (accoriding to what they were apparently graded on).

• 2 weeks later...