[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Superbowl XLVIII

T_bone65

you go pay $1500 for a cheap seat in the snow, wind etc. then tell me how that's the way it is. Major FUBAR on the NFL's part.

I'll stay home, party with friends and watch on the plasma no matter where it's played.

I bet you'd be just fine with the championship games played in Green Bay and Pittsburgh two weeks before the Super Bowl though, huh? :wacko:

Here's an idea, maybe we can force all teams north of the Mason Dixon line to build domes. That way the players and fans can be cozy and comfy. :tup:

Hello Noonan, one is played in early fall and one is played in the dead of winter. Bad comparison at best. Aside from the fact that the WS is a home and home event. And I do seem to remember bad weather WS games where attendance was nowhere near ticket sales. Sabe?

Not sure what Noonan means but ok :tup:

Sabe? :wacko:

this game will be played withing a 6 hour drive of like 40% of the nations population, right? Does anyone really think they'll have trouble filling seats? It might be the cheapest SB of all time for a large part of the country....no airfare, no hotel rooms. For me, I could leave at 2:00, get there in plenty of time to tailgate for a couple hours and be home at a quasi-realistic hour, as could people from Boston to DC.

And I hope corporate America stays right at home...more seats for the real fans....and with more of them able to get there on the cheap, I think the atmosphere would be outstanding :wacko:

this game will be played withing a 6 hour drive of like 40% of the nations population, right? Does anyone really think they'll have trouble filling seats? It might be the cheapest SB of all time for a large part of the country....no airfare, no hotel rooms. For me, I could leave at 2:00, get there in plenty of time to tailgate for a couple hours and be home at a quasi-realistic hour, as could people from Boston to DC.

And I hope corporate America stays right at home...more seats for the real fans....and with more of them able to get there on the cheap, I think the atmosphere would be outstanding :wacko:

Even in the worst case scenario where it is below freezing, if you can't stand outside for the Superbowl probably aren't a true fan of the sport anyway. I was at the Jet vs Cin game last year, absolutely freezing. 3 Sweatshirts, 2 sweatpants, snow boots, 3 pairs of socks and the concrete was so cold that when you were sitting in your seats you tried to keep your feet up so they wouldn't touch. A real fan won't worry about the conditions because it's all for the love of the game.

Yes it did, and by games end there were many less fans present. Just think if it is snowing say an inch an hour and the game ends up 7-6 on a play caused by bad weather. Vegas and bettors would not be happy, and many a TV sets will be watching Heidi instead.

lets take this ridiculous post a piece at a time:

why would a 7-6 game make Vegas or bettors angry? If you had the fav or the over you be upset but other then that.

nobody is changing the channel in a 1 point game.

You really picked a most appropriate screen name

lets take this ridiculous post a piece at a time:

why would a 7-6 game make Vegas or bettors angry? If you had the fav or the over you be upset but other then that.

nobody is changing the channel in a 1 point game.

You really picked a most appropriate screen name

Yes lets do. Average spread in a SB lets be conservative, about 5. Over around 40. 99 percent of the bets done before kickoff. Gettin it yet? Well over 60 percent of all SB viewers are casual at best football fans, heck most watch it for the commercials. A 7-6 game to me or you is exciting, not to the majority watching. They turn it off or tune it out. If you, Joe football fan bets a K on his team to win by 5, it snows ass and you lose because of the weather, you're going to happy? Better yet, freezing and happy as a loser? Next SB in foul weather city and more people will bet right? Answer yes and you now know why my screen name is dedicated to members such as yourself. Though you seem to be going for the whole shed

This is a great post and kind of right where my mind is on this thing.

I would love some chitty weather to make it so that I could drive there and be a part of the Super Bowl. Probably the only way that it will ever happen for me.

Yep..just like when the Yankees are in the World Series. Man all those empty seats.

If corporate joe sells his seat to a New Yorker/New Jersey native, I can guarantee you the weather will not play a factor on there attendance.

I agree that it won't affect the attendence. Its the biggest game of the year and people will go no matter what the conditions are . My only problem is if there is inclimate weather and the game is decided by that ,if I was a player, or even a fan, of the losing team I would be pissed.

Edited by HutOne

Yes it did, and by games end there were many less fans present. Just think if it is snowing say an inch an hour and the game ends up 7-6 on a play caused by bad weather. Vegas and bettors would not be happy, and many a TV sets will be watching Heidi instead.

I'm sure Vegas will take everything into consideration when setting the spread and over / under.

Here's a Rodney Harrison quote from this week's SI:

"Part of the reward for getting to the biggest game of your life is the beautiful warm weather or the climate-controlled atmosphere."

For once I agree with Harrison. Players can't be looking forward to playing outside in New York in late January.

forecast from accuweather.com:

Here's your weather forecast for the 2014 Super Bowl at the New Meadowlands: Somewhere from 16 to 57 degrees.

AccuWeather.com, projecting a Feb. 2 game day for the first outdoor Super Bowl in a cold-weather city, has researched New York-area data for that date for the last 44 years. The website says conditions "can vary tremendously, from warm weather to blizzards with extreme cold."

The rest of the AccuWeather.com outlook: Snow on the East Coast in February is always a concern. However, over the past 44 years on Feb. 2, only 4% of the days had snowfall, with 1985 recording the highest amount of 3 inches.

14% of the days had rainfall, with the highest amount of 0.89 of an inch recorded in 1999.

Although precipitation may not be a concern, wind may be a factor at game time. Of the past 44 years, 54% of the days were windy, or having a sustained wind speed of at least 15 mph. Wind speeds exceeding 20 mph could affect the passing game of either team.

As for temperature, the warmest high was 57 degrees in 1988 and 1973, while the coldest high was 16 degrees in 1971.

AccuWeather.com Expert Senior Meteorologist Bernie Rayno said the normal game time conditions would see a temperature in the 30s at kickoff with winds 10-20 mph, but it will be unlikely for the actual conditions to match the normal.

"You're playing averages," he said. "Only 20 percent of the years recorded a high temperature within 2 degrees of the average high of 41 degrees. Climate is a product of extremes."

Saw it with my own eyes there Sully. Especially if the game was lopsided. Take the Eastcoast blinders off for a minute

OK, what world series have you seen with your own eyes with NY or Boston, hell, or Phili, that had a less than capacity crowd? I call BS on this, you can't even come close to backing up your weak post.