[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

super-conferences

Cameltosis

well, hopefully several Texas teams like A&M and Tech will go with Texas. I understand that Texas and A&M reps had a meeting this morning and both were to meet with Tech and Baylor reps this afternoon. I don't know what OU is going to do...

of course the other Texas schools and Oklahoma are following UT - those podunk backwater schools ain't chit without the Horns. Baylor is out fropm all indiactions the Pac 10 wanted CU and the Denver market - and frankly Baylor is JV and not really a fit

Loving this - the Pac 10 network in 2011-2012 will be sick and the biggest contract in the country imo. Having Seattle, Pdx, SF, LA, Phx, Denver and Texas - going to be hugh

Edited by wildcat2334

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and no, Nebraska would never play for the conference championship if they were in the Big 12 South. The North was a breeze compared to the South. So Neb had one good year since Osborn left so long ago. Big Woo, they have never been a threat to win a championship, only play spoiler.

I love the "yeah, but" defense. Especially when couched with a statement that is demonstrably unprovable until they win the Big 12 championship.I guess you forgot they were a missed FG away at the clock from winning the Big 12 champeenship not 7 months ago.

yeah, Baylor should follow TCU around...both are private religious based schools and can have an easy rivalry. what is OU going to do? that, to me ,is the real question. Do they go to the Pac-24?

the 6 teams joining the Pac 10 will be:

Texas

Oklahoma

Okie St

Texas Tech

Texas A&M

Colorado

with Colorado already accepting - the rest would fall in line with Texas

uh, no Texas ain't goin to the Big 10

it looks close to a done deal that Texas, OKlahoma, OSU, Tex A$M, Texas Tech and Colorado will be joining the Pac 10

Maybe?

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- High level sources in multiple conferences have told KCTV5 that Texas and Texas A&M are looking to move to the Big Ten Conference and have petitioned for membership, while the University of Oklahoma is planning on petitioning the Southeastern Conference to become a member of its conference.

KCTV5's sources said that Texas and Texas A&M do not have to include Texas Tech or Baylor in their plans. Sources told KCTV5 that there have already been discussions about the two schools entering the Big Ten and that the agreement could be made as soon as Thursday.

Oklahoma is currently working on petitioning to enter the SEC, but must find another university to enter the league with them, sources said. TMZ Sports has reported that Oklahoma State is likely to accept a bid to move to the Pac-102_bing.gif[/font]. Earlier Thursday, Colorado accepted an invitation to join the Pac-10.

KCTV5's sources also said that some Big 12 officials are saying decisions on which deals Big 12 schools take invitations by the end of the day Thursday, although the deals may not be officially announced. Big 12 officials also tell KCTV5's sources that some Big 12 office employees are planning to be without a job within weeks.

Those decisions would leave the University of Kansas, Kansas State University and the University of Missouri with Baylor, Texas Tech and Iowa State in the Big 12. The Missouri Board of Curators met Thursday and planned to meet Friday to discuss the future of Missouri sports.

and no, Nebraska would never play for the conference championship if they were in the Big 12 South. The North was a breeze compared to the South. So Neb had one good year since Osborn left so long ago. Big Woo, they have never been a threat to win a championship, only play spoiler.

Missouri and KU have both been solid teams in recent years and it's not Nebraska's fault that Colorado and K State hired the wrong coach. NU played for a national championship once under Solich in 2001 (I know it was a long time ago, but it's not ancient history). Besides, Texas and OU are the only real big dogs in the south. A&M, T Tech, and Okie state are all on ups and downs with their current coaching situations so I wouldn't put them that far ahead of some of the teams in the Big 12 north.

BTW, if Nebraska leaves the big 12 tomorrow I put it at 0 chance that Texas or any other south team joins the Big 10. They'll all be PAC 10 bound.

since osborne left nebraska has never been a threat to win a championship? uh. <sarcasm> you're a really reliable source for college football information </sarcasm> good thing i know not to ever believe a word you say again :tup::tup::lol:

there are multiple years since osborne left in 1997 where nebraska was in the hunt and a couple where nebraska was considered better than the eventual/actual champion. again, this all dates back to someone saying nebraska left big12 due to college football matchups, rather than money. morons :wacko:

Edited by Akfatha

since osborne left nebraska has never been a threat to win a championship? uh. <sarcasm> you're a really reliable source for college football information </sarcasm> good thing i know not to ever believe a word you say again :tup::tup::lol:

there are multiple years since osborne left in 1997 where nebraska was in the hunt and a couple where nebraska was considered better than the eventual/actual champion. again, this all dates back to someone saying nebraska left big12 due to college football matchups, rather than money. morons :wacko:

nice try, btw I was in Dan Boren's wedding, his dad is president of OU. he was also govenor of ok and us senator. Dan is now a US congressman and he married Josh Heuple's sister. I had alot of fun with Josh and his dad, who coached montana st.. he said to never let your kids play college football. i think you really do not know who i am and i would bet that i do know as much about how average the cornhuskers have been and kinda insignificant to college football.

like i said, it is interesting to see if OU will folow UT, which I think they will. I just hope other teams from Texas like A&M, and maybe Tech follow.

now back to how average Nebraska will still be, if you want ...

Edited by Scooby's Hubby

nice try, btw I was in Dan Boren's wedding, his dad is president of OU. he was also govenor of ok and us senator. Dan is now a US congressman and he married Josh Heuple. I had alot of fun with Josh and his dad, who coached montana st.. he said to never let your kids play college football. i think you really do not know who i am and i would bet that i do know as much about how average the cornhuskers have been and kinda insignificant to college football.

like i said, it is interesting to see if OU will folow UT, which I think they will. I just hope other teams from Texas like A&M, and maybe Tech follow.

NTTIAWWT :wacko:

nice try, btw I was in Dan Boren's wedding, his dad is president of OU. he was also govenor of ok and us senator. Dan is now a US congressman and he married Josh Heuple. I had alot of fun with Josh and his dad, who coached montana st.. he said to never let your kids play college football. i think you really do not know who i am and i would bet that i do know as much about how average the cornhuskers have been and kinda insignificant to college football.

who you know doesnt really matter when it comes to what you know. and its obvious based on your statements, whether you know JOSH HEUPEL or not, doesn't mean squat because what you've said about nebraska's years since TO's departure are incorrect.

pay attention much?? you keep commenting about this and you obviously aren't really even following the story

THEY are a package deal........... those 6 will be joining the Pac 10 and following Texas - this is pretty much a done deal

so how many teams will be in the pac whatever? is OU for sure and who else from texas is for sure? and, yeah Nebraska is not that great. big whah. get over the fact that they have been nothing but a spoiler lately. You act like its 1984 and they are playing penn state when they were good. next thing you know it, you will get offended when I say that the big 10 is weaker than the pac-whatever. and please , don't act like you are some kinda journalist on a thread of opinion. lighten up francis.

I still think the PAC 10 is the most likely place the Aggies end up but here's an interesting article on the possibillity of them joining the SEC (which I'm rooting for as I'd like to get the LSU game back on the schedule).

Edited by myhousekey

lighten up francis.

There is really no other way to say this. You are a fooking retard. I tried letting it go and just responding politely to how out of touch your loud mouth ass is, but you won't let up.

First you said this:

I think Nebraska knows that they cannot out recruit Texas or OU. Personally, I take the departure as an admission from Nebraska that they will never win the Big 12 against TX and OU.

This is demonstratively false considering you had a hesiman candidate, senior quarterback and Nebraska came 1 second away from beating you at what basically amounts to a home field game. That was only 7 months ago. I realize NU has had a bad slide the last few years, but it's not like I'm bringing up how uncompetitive TX was during the 80s and 90s. Yea, it's hard to out recruit the home team of one of the most fertile athletic states in the union. Is that TX's big accomplishment? "Hey, this team that is 4 states away can't recruit our backyard as good as us. They must suck" :highfive:

Then you followed up with this.

Texas in the Pac-16? You know A&M are going with them. Whatever happened to logistics and recruiting? Now Texas is going to have to travel all the way to the west coast every other week.

Everyone who has read more than a paragraph about the Pac 10 expansion knows that they are looking to add enough teams to make two divisions. One is with all the Texas/Oklahoma schools along with the Arizona schools and the other is California and up (I'm keeping it simple for you so you can follow). So, Texas would have to Tavel FAR LESS than almost any other team in any division. Most of your conference schedule would be in your backyard. But no worries, I'm sure you'll excuse this away as you are talking about recruiting or something. Although, the idea that recruiting would change when all your opponents are almost the same teams you've been playing against in the Big 12 South (except for Baylor) might be dumber than the idea that Texas would have to travel more because they joined the Pac 10. Your logic is so dense it's hard to tell which. :wacko:

Here is another one:

So Neb had one good year since Osborn left so long ago. Big Woo, they have never been a threat to win a championship, only play spoiler.

Yea, how many National Championship games has Texas played in recent history? I'll help you out. TX has played in two national championship games since 1971. One was in 1977 where they lost to ND. The other was the 2005 championship you won. So NU has won three championship games and played in a two others since 93 Link So to say we haven't been a threat because we had a downturn for a 6 year section after hiring the wrong coach & AD is either disingenuous or ignorance. And I’m not even saying NU is great. Just that you can’t count 6 of your team’s best years during NU’s 6 worst years and then ignore vice versa.

nice try, btw I was in Dan Boren's wedding, ... i think you really do not know who i am and i would bet that i do know as much about how average the cornhuskers have been and kinda insignificant to college football.

Look, nobody cares who you are friends with so I'll just address the second part. Oklahoma's AD Joe Castiglione came out publicly and said that OU would follow Texas. So there is no real wonder to it. Only clueless people who haven't been following along would be wondering about that point.

I could go on but there is really no point. :tup: You should go back to the NFL section where you do so well and everyone holds a high regard for your opinion and insight. :tup:

pay attention much?? you keep commenting about this and you obviously aren't really even following the story

THEY are a package deal........... those 6 will be joining the Pac 10 and following Texas - this is pretty much a done deal

eh, not really. sounds like A&M is heading to the SEC, which means your "package deal" is already kaput. OU also a possibility. the big 10 is recruiting texas hard. I think it's more likely they go to the pac 10, but at this point, I wouldn't be calling anything a done deal.

eh, not really. sounds like A&M is heading to the SEC, which means your "package deal" is already kaput. OU also a possibility. the big 10 is recruiting texas hard. I think it's more likely they go to the pac 10, but at this point, I wouldn't be calling anything a done deal.

"sounds like" mkay - reports coming in from all over my man

I still think the texas schools move to the Pac - we shall see

OU has stated they are going with Texas and Texas WILL NOT go the to Little 11

Pac 16 is too attractive to pass on- it will happen

There is really no other way to say this. You are a fooking retard. I tried letting it go and just responding politely to how out of touch your loud mouth ass is, but you won't let up.

First you said this:

This is demonstratively false considering you had a hesiman candidate, senior quarterback and Nebraska came 1 second away from beating you at what basically amounts to a home field game. That was only 7 months ago. I realize NU has had a bad slide the last few years, but it's not like I'm bringing up how uncompetitive TX was during the 80s and 90s. Yea, it's hard to out recruit the home team of one of the most fertile athletic states in the union. Is that TX's big accomplishment? "Hey, this team that is 4 states away can't recruit our backyard as good as us. They must suck" :highfive:

Then you followed up with this.

Everyone who has read more than a paragraph about the Pac 10 expansion knows that they are looking to add enough teams to make two divisions. One is with all the Texas/Oklahoma schools along with the Arizona schools and the other is California and up (I'm keeping it simple for you so you can follow). So, Texas would have to Tavel FAR LESS than almost any other team in any division. Most of your conference schedule would be in your backyard. But no worries, I'm sure you'll excuse this away as you are talking about recruiting or something. Although, the idea that recruiting would change when all your opponents are almost the same teams you've been playing against in the Big 12 South (except for Baylor) might be dumber than the idea that Texas would have to travel more because they joined the Pac 10. Your logic is so dense it's hard to tell which. :wacko:

Here is another one:

Yea, how many National Championship games has Texas played in recent history? I'll help you out. TX has played in two national championship games since 1971. One was in 1977 where they lost to ND. The other was the 2005 championship you won. So NU has won three championship games and played in a two others since 93 Link So to say we haven't been a threat because we had a downturn for a 6 year section after hiring the wrong coach & AD is either disingenuous or ignorance. And I’m not even saying NU is great. Just that you can’t count 6 of your team’s best years during NU’s 6 worst years and then ignore vice versa.

Look, nobody cares who you are friends with so I'll just address the second part. Oklahoma's AD Joe Castiglione came out publicly and said that OU would follow Texas. So there is no real wonder to it. Only clueless people who haven't been following along would be wondering about that point.

I could go on but there is really no point. :tup: You should go back to the NFL section where you do so well and everyone holds a high regard for your opinion and insight. :tup:

Texas played Bama this year too. I hate Texas, but Id think you would want to get your facts in order when making a point.

Nebraska looks much better under Bo than they have in almost a decade. He brought D back to Lincoln. The thing that has hurt Nebraska most in the last decade is the number of scholarships teams get now than when Nebraska was in their hayday. Walk ons went to NU when there were not enough scholarships to go around. Now those players are starting for Kansas or Kansas St instead. The walk on program at NU was legendary, now those same guys are getting scholarships else where. Can Nebraska recruit consistently enough to ever be a power again, in todays landscape. That is the question. Punking the Big 12 north to get the opportunity to play a Big 12 south team for the title was one thing. But something tells me getting past Ohio St, Penn St, Iowa and one day again Michigan will be a much more difficult task than Kansas, Kansas St, Iowa St, Colorado and Missouri.

Ive heard OU would rather not got to the Pac-10, and I know Stoops brothers would not want to be in the same conference. OU and Arizona had the opportunity to play in a bowl last yr, and they went elsewhere instead. I know the presidents of each school could care less their coach desire to play one another in a potential conference realignment. Just a twist that hasnt been brought up yet.

I personally would love to see the Big 12 stay together. Losing Nebraska and Colorado is certainly not the end of the world. Those 2 should not be the death of a conference. Id like to see the 2 Oklahoma schools take Nebraska and Colorado place in the North :P, and the south add TCU and Houston. TCU is a power in football and baseball, Houston was once a power in football, and is on the way back up. You could have the 6 Texas schools in the South and the rest in the North. Can you imagine Texas and OU playing every October, and then a rematch for the Big12 title again in December. Think that would bring in much revenue and eyes to the confernce twice a year.

Edited by Dallas Sooner

I personally would love to see the Big 12 stay together. Losing Nebraska and Colorado is certainly not the end of the world. Those 2 should not be the death of a conference. Id like to see the 2 Oklahoma schools take Nebraska and Colorado place in the North :P, and the south add TCU and Houston. TCU is a power in football and baseball, Houston was once a power in football, and is on the way back up. You could have the 6 Texas schools in the South and the rest in the North. Can you imagine Texas and OU playing every October, and then a rematch for the Big12 title again in December. Think that would bring in much revenue and eyes to the confernce twice a year.

I think that's a pretty good proposal. makes a lot more sense than OK and TX schools in the PAC-10.

http://m.espn.go.com/ncf/story?storyId=5276668

Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma and Oklahoma State will join the Pacific-10 Conference when a formal offer is made, a source told ESPN's Joe Schad on Friday.

Texas A&M, the Austin American Statesman reported, is torn between joining the Pac-10 or Southeastern Conference. The Aggies will have a 72-hour timetable to decide whether to accept the Pac-10's offer, the newspaper reported.

A formal offer from the Pac-10 could come as soon as this weekend, the newspaper reported.

Another source with knowledge of the situation confirmed to ESPN.com's Andy Katz that Texas A&M was looking at the SEC, but the source said he is convinced the Aggies will end up in the Pac-10.

The source said the SEC consideration was fueled by "ego purposes" within Texas A&M, that the Aggies' power brokers sought distance from the Texas decision and didn't want to convey the appearance they were doing everything because of Texas.

A source familiar with the Pac-10's plans told ESPN that the SEC's interest in Texas A&M and Oklahoma is "real." Another source within the Big 12 said Texas A&M does not necessarily feel it should be required to be attached to the Longhorns.

Texas A&M president R. Bowen Loftin told The Associated Press that the rapid changes are forcing the school to consider its options.

"We're still working through the issues," Loftin said. "We're also waiting to see what happens with other schools. We were very happy to stay in the Big 12, the way it was. It's changing now, and we need to figure out what that means.

"The Big 12 is not what it was, and we have to think about its future, and ours."

Still some hope the Ags get in the SEC!

Gotta say, D-1 football might lose me if all this goes down. I'm not that old, but I'm old enough to care about who's "supposed" to care about beating who. And traditional, regional rivalries should matter. Seeing UT and USC vie for the Pac 10 title just will not hold any interest for me. I love the debates over which conference is strongest year to year and think these randomly assembled super conferences will ruin that.

Hell, why doesn't Florida, LSU, Bama, OSU, USC, V Tech, UT, OU, and a few others just form a super-duper conference? Then they'd have the whole freaking country covered in terms of TV. Oh, wait. We could just actually have a freaking play-off and then we could watch the 8 best teams from all over the country fight it out for top dog.

This is just freaking lame. I know of absolutely nobody around here who likes the ACC better now that it includes Miami, V Tech, and BC. V Tech at least makes sense because it rounded things out to an even number and is a natural rival to UVA. At some point, D-1 football's inclination to intentionally make the product worse (ie: refusing to provide a proper tourney and this petty and confusing land grab) will come back to haunt them.