[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rice and Johnson

Scorcher

In one keeper league I have Rice and Johnson for keepers.Last year a team had and kept AP and Forte. We though the would be the team to beat. My question is has any one else had keepers that seemed too good to be true: did it work or go south?

Assuming you mean CJ, but the answer remains the same with AJ as well: get down on your knees and give thanks to the fantasy gods for the bounty you've been provided. You are getting 2 of the top 4 no brainer picks. Things don't always work out exactly like we expect, but Rice isn't Forte either. He has a better YPC, better line, and is a better player. Again, count your blessings.

Assuming you mean CJ, but the answer remains the same with AJ as well: get down on your knees and give thanks to the fantasy gods for the bounty you've been provided. You are getting 2 of the top 4 no brainer picks. Things don't always work out exactly like we expect, but Rice isn't Forte either. He has a better YPC, better line, and is a better player. Again, count your blessings.

I do mean CJ, I'm just hoping that some sort of "Madden Effect" doesn't come into play. I am for sure counting my blessings! Your post brought to mind that I am in another league where a team has AJ and CJ for keepers.

In one keeper league I have Rice and Johnson for keepers.Last year a team had and kept AP and Forte. We though the would be the team to beat. My question is has any one else had keepers that seemed too good to be true: did it work or go south?

In my local, through the years, I've seen a number of teams have 2 of the top 5-or-so players. They have never gone on to win, but I have attributed it to poor drafting. It's important that you don't get sloppy just because you have far and away the best keepers.

In my local, through the years, I've seen a number of teams have 2 of the top 5-or-so players. They have never gone on to win, but I have attributed it to poor drafting. It's important that you don't get sloppy just because you have far and away the best keepers.

+1

I had AP and Forte as keepers last year. There were people calling for getting rid of the keeper rules because of it. Going into the season, it looked like I had 2 top 5 (or so) players, but that was put to rest not long after the season started. Forte crapped the bed most days and I stopped using him in my lineup about halfway through the season. I still won the championship but that was due to my killer WRs (Fitz, DeSean, Marshall and Welker).

In that same league this year, a guy has CJ and Shonn Greene as keepers. That's probably the best 2 keeper combo out of the 12 teams.

Add me to the list. Last year I made some moves that gave me BY FAR the best team on paper (10 team yearly re-draft). I had AP, MJD, and Ray Rice. My recievers were Wayne and S Smith of the Giants. My QB was Rivers..

I won points in the league by over 200, however I was trounced in the first round of the playoff's - didn't even deserve to sniff the jock strap of the title game. :wacko:

So, while you have a few of the top FF players, you're really never guaranteed anything.

Add me to the list. Last year I made some moves that gave me BY FAR the best team on paper (10 team yearly re-draft). I had AP, MJD, and Ray Rice. My recievers were Wayne and S Smith of the Giants. My QB was Rivers..

I won points in the league by over 200, however I was trounced in the first round of the playoff's - didn't even deserve to sniff the jock strap of the title game. :wacko:

So, while you have a few of the top FF players, you're really never guaranteed anything.

You definitely had a great team! Last year I also had Austin (ww pick up), DJax, Jennings , and Smith (Car), I picked up Gafney to replace Smith in the final game. This year I will be Drafting 12th Serpentine. I really lucked out last year and am hoping for a repeat.

Edited by Scorcher