[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Start Reggie Bush Monday. Trust me on this

choptalk

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the heads up I plan to start him. I once had some insider information once also. I had a friend in college that was out all night with seabass, the kicker for the raiders the night before the game. Well actually it was the morning. They were Coked out and drinking until almost 8am and my buddy told me there is no way seabass is going to kick fieldgoals today. I posted it here and wammo the crack bastage kicked 5 friggen field goals that day and two from 50+. Hope it works out better for you.

:wacko:

Fellas, the only way we will know if Chop's source(s) are solid is to see what happens on Monday night. Personally, I will sit Bush for Hightower one more time.

Even if Reggie has a good night, it doesn't mean his sources are good, or that he even has any sources. Even if he doesn't want to give up the actual source to protect a friend or something, he could give us a general idea (a friend works for the team, I know one of the players, I know someone who got a tour of the facility and he saw it on a whiteboard.) Something.

With a team that loaded with skill players, that gameplan against a team that got whacked by the Seahawks (mostly through the air) just doesn't sound right. He's already admitted he made up the supposed motivation for the plan.

Source or no source, gameplan or not, doesnt matter that much, does it? Every coach in every game this weekend has a gameplan. And they all probably sound good (at least in theory). How many of them will be executed effectively on the field? Lots of players will be motivated this week. Lots of coaches will want to feature players. Unfortunately, those darn defenses seem to get in the way a lot. Oh, ratts! :wacko:

If you were already planning on starting Bush, then continue as planned. Anyone who changes their opinion on Bush (in light of this "info") is foolish, IMO

Payton is a smart coach. He doesnt seem the type that would stubbornly try to force the ball into the hands of any one player. Look at the way the stats shake out for that team. The ball gets spread out amongst several players almost every week. That is part of what makes them successful as an offense...many targets to worry about and you cant really defend them all well. Doesnt seem to jibe with their MO to all of a sudden go nuts with one player. And even if they did make a concerted effort to get Bush more touches, is that any guarantee of success?

Edited by Delicious_bass

Source or no source, gameplan or not, doesnt matter that much, does it? Every coach in every game this weekend has a gameplan. And they all probably sound good (at least in theory). How many of them will be executed effectively on the field? Lots of players will be motivated this week. Lots of coaches will want to feature players. Unfortunately, those darn defenses seem to get in the way a lot. Oh, ratts! :wacko:

If you were already planning on starting Bush, then continue as planned. Anyone who changes their opinion on Bush (in light of this "info") is foolish, IMO

Yep. :tup:

I've got Bush in 2 leagues. He was sitting this week no matter what but I certainly appreciate the inside information as Bush is going to start at least twice for me this season. If I had a good inside source you can bet yer a$$ I wouldn't give any hints on the freaking internet. We will see what happens.

If Reggie touches the ball ~20 times then I'll be a believer. And thrilled. I assume he knows that'll be his last post that gets read if he's FO$.

I've got Bush in 2 leagues. He was sitting this week no matter what but I certainly appreciate the inside information as Bush is going to start at least twice for me this season. If I had a good inside source you can bet yer a$$ I wouldn't give any hints on the freaking internet. We will see what happens.

If Reggie touches the ball ~20 times then I'll be a believer. And thrilled. I assume he knows that'll be his last post that gets read if he's FO$.

Considering his average touches last year and week one this year is just over 8, that's probably fair. He did have a couple games where he approached 20 touches last year, though, so I guess we'll see.

Considering his average touches last year and week one this year is just over 8, that's probably fair. He did have a couple games where he approached 20 touches last year, though, so I guess we'll see.

As a Bush owner, ~20 touches will be my criteria. It's been some time since he's seen that much action. I'm fortunate enought to not need Bush this week or I'd want more too. I have the luxury of being able to wait and see if we have an insider. I think we all hope we do.

Motivation or not, I'm gonna roll with a different flex option this week. I don't like the matchup.

As a saints fan I'll be rooting for Reggie though and hope I can come back here Tuesday and admit I was wrong.

Well my "other flex option" amassed a whopping 15 yards so it shouldn't take much for him to make me look bad tonight.

Go Saints!

With one quarter in the books, Reggie has 3 touches, theoretically on pace for 12. Thomas has 6 touches, on pace for 24. Reggie does have a TD, but that does happen every so often and was NOT what the original post was about.

So much for "early," lets see if he gets more touches as we go and gets to the "often" prediction.

I beg to differ grits. I am a homer. Even though he has only a few touches, Reggie has been on the field much more then other games. Also, if you noticed, he was the starter tonight! Maybe the guy was on to something. Now that Reggie has scored, you guys are trying awful hard to make up reasons that he is full of grits !

I beg to differ grits. I am a homer. Even though he has only a few touches, Reggie has been on the field much more then other games. Also, if you noticed, he was the starter tonight! Maybe the guy was on to something. Now that Reggie has scored, you guys are trying awful hard to make up reasons that he is full of grits !

The original post was about featuring Reggie and getting him at least 20 touches and a guaranteed 25-35 fantasy points. He is in pace for his career average in all aspects tonight, even with the touchdown. You're trying to justify the original post because he got a TD. We'll see how the rest of the game goes.