[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Start Reggie Bush Monday. Trust me on this

choptalk

I beg to differ grits. I am a homer. Even though he has only a few touches, Reggie has been on the field much more then other games. Also, if you noticed, he was the starter tonight! Maybe the guy was on to something. Now that Reggie has scored, you guys are trying awful hard to make up reasons that he is full of grits !

Bush "started" and got the first carry of the game ... but I believe Thomas was in on the very next play. I might buy that the play that scored the TD was specifically designed for Reggie ... but I think you will find that plays are often scripted for specific players based on that players specific strengths/weaknesses.

It looks to me like Reggie continues to be the change of pace/3rd down guy ... and the number of touches bears that out.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am saying that treggie has been all over thefield and lined up on many plays. now getting the ball to anyone is a different story. the player has to be open. But, it is obvious to me that bush IS being featured, although they may be having some trouble getting him the ball.

I am saying that treggie has been all over thefield and lined up on many plays. now getting the ball to anyone is a different story. the player has to be open. But, it is obvious to me that bush IS being featured, although they may be having some trouble getting him the ball.

He has 2 carries for 4 yards. 3 receptions for 19 yards. And he still is behind Thomas in touches 8-5. That is NOT featured. Featured means you're the main guy. He has one additional target that was incomplete.

Starting the game = 0 points

# of snaps = 0 points

Still early, not time to gloat for those of us who doubted, but so far the original post is dead wrong.

He has 2 carries for 4 yards. 3 receptions for 19 yards. And he still is behind Thomas in touches 8-5. That is NOT featured. Featured means you're the main guy. He has one additional target that was incomplete.

# of snaps = 0 points

Still early, not time to gloat for those of us who doubted, but so far the original post is dead wrong.

Agreed.

It doesn't look to me like he is being featured. I haven't watched a lot of NO games so it might be possible that Payton has decided that when Reggie gets the ball in open space he makes things happen .... and in that light they might try to get the ball to Reggie more in open space. This can be said of many of the NO players. However, I don't believe that anybody believes Reggie should be the featured RB ... it doesn't suit his style.

# of snaps = 0 points

And at the half:

2 carries for 4 yards still and 3 receptions for 19 yards still. A total of 5 touches, on pace for about his career average of 8-10. Pierre Thomas has 11 touches. More than double.

for you guys are "special" , I will say it verrry slow. Reggie Bush has been on the field much more than usual tonight. I am a saints homer and watch them every week. I did NOT say he got many touches, cause that is a function of what the defense gives. But yes he on the field very much tonight! and that, my friends in the saints offense is being FEATURED! over and out !!

for you guys are "special" , I will say it verrry slow. Reggie Bush has been on the field much more than usual tonight. I am a saints homer and watch them every week. I did NOT say he got many touches, cause that is a function of what the defense gives. But yes he on the field very much tonight! and that, my friends in the saints offense is being FEATURED! over and out !!

Then the "sources" should have said that center J. Goodwin would be featured. He's been on the field for EVERY offensive snap. The original post was very specific about what "being featured" meant and it had nothing to do with the number of snaps played. It talked in very specific terms about touches and FF points.

Has he been on the field more tonight? I have no idea, and I don't care. I get zero points for that.

Thanks for the heads up I plan to start him. I once had some insider information once also. I had a friend in college that was out all night with seabass, the kicker for the raiders the night before the game. Well actually it was the morning. They were Coked out and drinking until almost 8am and my buddy told me there is no way seabass is going to kick fieldgoals today. I posted it here and wammo the crack bastage kicked 5 friggen field goals that day and two from 50+. Hope it works out better for you.

I can attest to the fact that Seabass is a hell of a partier. Let's just say when I lived in the Bay Area, he frequented some bars I hung out at. That Polack can drink. And he likes to punch car mirrors. :wacko:

As for Bush, it does look like they're using him slightly more than normal. :tup:

I can attest to the fact that Seabass is a hell of a partier. Let's just say when I lived in the Bay Area, he frequented some bars I hung out at. That Polack can drink. And he likes to punch car mirrors. :wacko:

As for Bush, it does look like they're using him slightly more than normal. :tup:

This appears to be about right so far. With a quarter to go, he has about his average number of touches for a game.

Well, crap. I like Reggie and no one wants to see him hurt, he was just helped off the field. My point in all this was that I think the Saints probably under-utilize him and I would like to see him actually get featured. I questioned the original poster not because I question Reggie, but because I questioned his "inside information." Several things about it didn't sound right, and when pressured he admitted he made some of it up. When asked for ANY more information about his source(s), even general information so as not to get someone in trouble, he flatly refused.

I'm not saying that he made it all up or that there was no source for the information, but it's clear that it was wrong by every measure.

eta - forgot a word, added for clarity

Edited by STL Fan

I'm not involved in the pissing contest, just correcting someone.

It's unbelievable the legnths you guys are going to to prove each other wrong, wgaf.

Just trying to stick up for the boards. He posted the stuff and then got really smart-alek-y when people asked a few questions, and called us all names after admitting that some of what he originally posted was just his opinion and not from his "source." We have to be able to trust that if someone posts information, that it's at least real. Good God, I hoped he was right and that they finally would "showcase" Reggie. I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt that he's doing something incredibly important tonight and that's why he's not here to tell us what happened.

Well, it think is mix results but for he most part Reggie helped me win in my league and was every bit involved in the Offense. Especially in he second half. Could have had three TD's last night. They went to him three times near the goal line and the punt return. Right up until he got his leg broke he was rockin and rollin. So I say the prediction had merit. He was a very important part of thier offense and special teams. Good call in my opinion, the niners did a good job covering him and being aware of where he was. Many times they had two line backers or a linebacker and a safety on him. Drew a lot of attention away for others too.

I am happy with his production. Now what do I do about his broke leg, that is was is important now.

Well, it think is mix results but for he most part Reggie helped me win in my league and was every bit involved in the Offense. Especially in he second half. Could have had three TD's last night. They went to him three times near the goal line and the punt return. Right up until he got his leg broke he was rockin and rollin. So I say the prediction had merit. He was a very important part of thier offense and special teams. Good call in my opinion, the niners did a good job covering him and being aware of where he was. Many times they had two line backers or a linebacker and a safety on him. Drew a lot of attention away for others too.

I am happy with his production. Now what do I do about his broke leg, that is was is important now.

Reggie never came CLOSE to a single prediction in the original post. Go back and read it. Not close on one. Source FAIL.

The grammatical errors in this post, combined with the fact that he's calling other people special, just makes me :wacko: