[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Darren McFadden

JUMbotron

http://www.insidebayarea.com/raiders/ci_16159780?source=rss

"No, he is not better than I thought he was," Raiders offensive coordinator Hue Jackson said. "I have always thought Darren McFadden is a really good football player." To that end, Jackson informed McFadden that he would get 30 carries in the Rams game.

In my opinion, Bush will have to fight and scratch for 8-10 carries when the thumb allows it. And would it be so bad if Bush got those carries... he'll just keep McFadden fresher and reduce a little wear and tear. The Raiders are ground-committed (at least so far) and there will be plenty to go around. If and when it goes into come-from-behind chuckin' it mode McFadden is still the primary back there too. i just think McFadden-owners really have a gem. Hope I'm right.

JUM

http://www.insidebayarea.com/raiders/ci_16159780?source=rss

"No, he is not better than I thought he was," Raiders offensive coordinator Hue Jackson said. "I have always thought Darren McFadden is a really good football player." To that end, Jackson informed McFadden that he would get 30 carries in the Rams game.

In my opinion, Bush will have to fight and scratch for 8-10 carries when the thumb allows it. And would it be so bad if Bush got those carries... he'll just keep McFadden fresher and reduce a little wear and tear. The Raiders are ground-committed (at least so far) and there will be plenty to go around. If and when it goes into come-from-behind chuckin' it mode McFadden is still the primary back there too. i just think McFadden-owners really have a gem. Hope I'm right.

JUM

The raiders are effin' morons if they give him 30 carries. Gee, he's finally healthy and productive, let's keep giving him the ball until he gets hurt.

:wacko:

He's running like a aguy who's got alot of child support to pay...He's got like 8 Baby Momma's to pay..

Lol I dug around and could only confirm one child named Diesel. Another one proved not to be his.

Travis Henry had nine by nine different women if I recall correctly.

Now back to your regularly scheduled program....

JUM

1. He already GOT 30 carries against the Rams this past Sunday. Seems like people are saying IF he gets 30 carries. He already did.

2. It's the Raiders so NOTHING is a given. In theory not giving McFadden 20 touches a game is ridiculous, BUT it is the Radiers so you never know. Gun to my head I say he gets around 20 touches a game +/-. Let's remember he was a high pick, and you KNOW Al wants him to do well and show that was a great pick.

3. This kid was an ULTRA stud in college. I think people forget that because of two down years on terrible Radiers team. This wasn't a nice college RB, this was a super stud along AP lines. So the fact that he MAY be finally getting to that level of being real good shouldn't be a total shock to anyone IMO. The kid was a star at Arkansas.

my point was not that 30 carries in one game will be the end of him, but to keep giving him that many carries is foolish and they willl be sorry.

And they won't. Guy won't get 30 a game...no way. No RB can do that week in and week out.

I again say he'll be around 20 touches a game +/- with Bush around 7-10.

Yeah thats pretty much what I expect. if they run 30 times in a game Iwould not be suprised to se Dmac with 20 and Bush with 10. My interest this weekend will be on the goal line.Do they give it to Bush who is the larger , stronger back or do they let Dmac have it in the 5. we can really say until we see it happen and that might take a game or two. You would guess Bush since hes a battering ram type back .But imposible to really know. If Bush gets 10 touches and goal line work and McFadden gets 20 touches and receptions both will have value in fantasy otherwise only Dmac has value.

And they won't. Guy won't get 30 a game...no way. No RB can do that week in and week out.

I again say he'll be around 20 touches a game +/- with Bush around 7-10.

1. He already GOT 30 carries against the Rams this past Sunday. Seems like people are saying IF he gets 30 carries. He already did.

2. It's the Raiders so NOTHING is a given. In theory not giving McFadden 20 touches a game is ridiculous, BUT it is the Radiers so you never know. Gun to my head I say he gets around 20 touches a game +/-. Let's remember he was a high pick, and you KNOW Al wants him to do well and show that was a great pick.

3. This kid was an ULTRA stud in college. I think people forget that because of two down years on terrible Radiers team. This wasn't a nice college RB, this was a super stud along AP lines. So the fact that he MAY be finally getting to that level of being real good shouldn't be a total shock to anyone IMO. The kid was a star at Arkansas.

Did you watch McFadden in college? Yes, the kid has talent, but he was a product of that system. Most of his runs were on sweep plays with him just beating the D to the corner with his superior speed. He ran too upright and I really had reservations about him coming into the NFL. What's been different this year is his power between the tackles, something he didn't show much of in college. Saying that he just had two bad season on a bad Oak team doesn't tell the full story. He's now finally shown more as a complete runner than he ever did in college. Will he keep it up? Only time will tell, but it has only been two games people.

Edited by Capt. Stanky

Did you watch McFadden in college? Yes, the kid has talent, but he was a product of that system. Most of his runs were on sweep plays with him just beating the D to the corner with his superior speed. He ran too upright and I really had reservations about him coming into the NFL. What's been different this year is his power between the tackles, something he didn't show much of in college. Saying that he just had two bad season on a bad Oak team doesn't tell the full story. He's now finally shown more as a complete runner than he ever did in college. Will he keep it up? Only time will tell, but it has only been two games people.

If you think he was simply a product of the system in college, we totally disgaree. The kid has very good skills. YES he ran too upright in college, I agree there, but the kid had very good all around skills. So we'll agree to diagree there.

And for the record I agree with you that it is only 2 games. There is no sure thing here. The jury is still out on him. I in no way shape or form am counting him as a given to be a top 15-20 RB. That is still TBD IMO.

McFadden tore the SEC West a new one. If the Arkansas defense had held their end of the bargain they would have been in the BCS hunt.

Houston Nutt's system led to 5-6 and 4-7 records the two years before McFadden really started getting the rock.... In his two big years - 06, 07 - they were 10-4 and 8-5. (Should have been 9-4 in 07 but lost a heartbreaker to Alabama 41-38)

McFadden was a beast for the ages.

Edited by JUMbotron

McFadden tore the SEC West a new one. If the Arkansas defense had held their end of the bargain they would have been in the BCS hunt.

Houston Nutt's system led to 5-6 and 4-7 records the two years before McFadden really started getting the rock.... In his two big years - 06, 07 - they were 10-4 and 8-5. (Should have been 9-4 in 07 but lost a heartbreaker to Alabama 41-38)

McFadden was a beast for the ages.

Agree 100%. Kid was a beast at Arkansas. This isn't some QB who plays in a wide open system and puts up moster #'s due to it. He was a beast in college system or not.