[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

J. Stewart

joeyb7

Is he not getting opportunities, not hitting his holes, or just plain playing 2nd fiddle to D. Williams?

I'm looking out on the wire and see players like L. Blount that might have higher upside, but I just don't know if it's time to cut bait or what. To add to the confusion, D. Williams might be injured.

Thoughts? What's his upside in a best case scenario this season?

Thanks!

I had him handcuffed to Williams and dropped him right around the time Williams went out of the game injured (with out knowing he went out of the game.) Just couldn't stomach having them both on my roster anymore. So, now that he is off my roster and not available I am sure Williams will be out for the year and the offense will become top 10 rushing with Stewart leading the way.

The fact that Matt Moore was able to throw for 300 and 2 is promising. But Stewart will really only have value if Williams gets hurt.

That's my issue.... I wonder how many weeks I let upside RB's go to other teams on waivers while I wait things out. For some reason I just can't cut bait with this guy....

Here's the homer scoop on these clowns!

DWill is the #1 and JStew is the #2 and gets all the goal line looks when they actually have one. Unfortunately with the offense being so bad combined with Otah (road grater o-lineman) being out, the running game hasn't gotten going at all this season. JStew actually sees a lot of time and they're actually almost alternating series at this point. He just isn't getting any room to run, a lot of 3 and outs when he's in there. Throw all that in with Goodson, the #3 RB actually getting some time, spells disaster for fantasy owners. DWill, when heathy is a home run threat on any play and is a weekly play. Now that he's hurt, expect Goodson, not JStew to get more action.

Edited by Potman

Here's the homer scoop on these clowns!

DWill is the #1 and JStew is the #2 and gets all the goal line looks when they actually have one. Unfortunately with the offense being so bad combined with Otah (road grater o-lineman) being out, the running game hasn't gotten going at all this season. JStew actually sees a lot of time and they're actually almost alternating series at this point. He just isn't getting any room to run, a lot of 3 and outs when he's in there. Throw all that in with Goodson, the #3 RB actually getting some time, spells disaster for fantasy owners. DWill, when heathy is a home run threat on any play and is a weekly play. Now that he's hurt, expect Goodson, not JStew to get more action.

Good call on Goodson. Having two guys share early down duties is rough. Really, it seems like an injury is going to have to happen for someone to have value. Stewart had that fluky 55 yard TD catch earlier this year but not much else.

We have a short bench in my 12-team redraft and I cut him last week because I needed the roster space. I picked up Woodhead. Stewart was grabbed immediately. I drafted him in the fifth round with Arian Foster still on the board. Just typing that makes me want to vomit.

I dropped Stewy this week and picked up Blount for back to back byes. Stewy was picked up immediately and placed

in a line up to cover byes. I have no regrets dropping him. Can't keep carrying a player not putting up points.

And if DWill is hurt, how much value is he with Goodson back there and a horrible offense.

I traded Marc Clayton for him around Week 3 just hoping that DWill would get hurt. Now with McCoy and Bradshaw on bye this week it looks like my prophecy might just come true. Unless DWill doesnt play however, it will be Woodhead getting the start for me and I just might have to cut him after this week if he doesnt perform.

At least I resisted the urge to drop him just for this reason. Hopefully he'll be trade bait within a few weeks.

What you mean within a few weeks, if he has a good game he will be trade bait Sunday night.

I agree. But I'd trade him before Williams gets back.

I hear ya, but with Carolina going nowhere fast and Dwill likely walking at the end of the season maybe he seizes the opportunity and they give him an extended look as the #1 back? hoping that is the case anyway.