[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is Steve Smith CAR droppable?

zekez

Should one drop S Smith CAR?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Who should he be dropped for

• Only a top tier WR
    • Any servicable WR
    • A used bag of footballs

Not even sure if he will be good next year.

For the rest of this year, absolutely not. The only person who got him the ball was Moore, who is on IR.

Next year (assuming no lockout) is also a mess. Been watching Steve Smith for a while, and he is slowing down a little. At this point, Smith would destroy defenses in the slot, but Carolina would require a #1 and #2 receiver. Gettis looks to be developing into the flanker role nicely, but I imagine it will be 2 years before he really excels, and that depends on coaching staff.

Drafted him in the later rounds of a 10 team league, dropped him about week 5, picked him up for a week, and dropped him again. Not worth anything in a re-draft league this year.

Just dropped him this week (along with DWill) for some waiver wire wonders (Michael Crabtree and Shonn Greene, respectively). Smith is mired in one of the worst NFL offenses in recent history, and while he still has several years of high-level talent in him, his presence on the woeful Panthers makes him expendable.

Now granted I'm not a Steve Smith owner, but I'd still hold out hope for some WR #3 value down the stretch. I can recall two years ago when the Chiefs were EASILY the worst offense in football plodding through the first 8 or so games before they mixed it up and implemented that spread offense which made guys like Mark Bradley and Tyler Thigpen fantasy relevant names come December. Now granted I understand your dealing with different personnel, coaching philosophies, etc., but its just case in point that even the most dire situations can be salvagable.

That being said, if some of you guys are in leagues where Crabtree and Sims Walker are available on waivers, then I'm most likely preaching on deaf ears!

Edited by malta69