[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Somebody throw some cold water on WIlf and

CaP'N GRuNGe

I think the 7th loss--hopefully sooner than later--will be the end of chilly. Ofcourse the Vikes have 4 of the next 5 at home, and Favre is what, 12-1 there? I think Wilf is holding out for the impossible, but it shouldn't take more than a week or 2 to realize it's time to give up on 2010.

Jerry said the same thing about Wade, said he wouldn't make a change mid-season. Amazing what one blowout loss can do to change your mind...

I guess I'm just pulling for the Packers to win and end the pathetic dream the Vikings have of making the playoffs. I imagine a Packer win will effectively allow Wilf to shut things down and begin to really look towards the future with a new coach and a new QB. Do any of you see Favre lasting the whole season once the playoff dream is over? Either he or management will decide he's done.

So, as a Packer fan, this is a bit of a win-win: if GB wins, the Vikes spiral down the toilet now, but perhaps can come back up sooner rather than later. But if MIN wins, it just takes longer for the Vikes to go down but then it means it will take longer for them to come back up.

Have been thinking about this, and I think Wilf is in a tough spot. I think the linked article is on the money as far as what Wilf is thinking. I also think and overriding concern for him is the stadium issue - maybe as important as how the team is doing from week to week, in some ways. He probably doesn't think firing Childress will improve the team's chances to win all that much. If he does that and promotes Frazier to HC and the team does fairly well, he'll be in a PR tough spot in considering one of the other top coaches. If his history shows anything, it would be an interest and willingness to sign a top notch head coach (other than maybe Childress - but at that time Childress was highly sought after). Personally, I don't see Frazier as being a head coaching kind of guy, but he is a wonderful person and very level-headed. I don't think he's the same kind of head coaching persona as Tomlin, who I LOVED, and still think is a terrific head coach.

The Billick thing is kind of interesting to me. He would not be boring, that's for sure, but he brings some issues to the table, for sure. I don't ever see Cowher or Gruden coming to MN, but I suppose money could make that happen. They should both make a lot of money to live someplace warmer, though.

I don't see that anything changed today. What did Childress do to contribute to this defeat? It looked to me that the Bears D won this game by excellent play. What could Chili do?

I don't know, coach better? How about have the amazing team he has play to its ability. It be nice if he had them playing beyond their ability, but I think most people would accept this team playing like they 'should' be playing.

What about Chicago suggests that they 'should' be able to beat Minny?