[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Vince Young

Bonedaddies

VY has been Bud Adam's boy since he hand selected him in the draft, late in the year he cursed Jeff Fisher outside of the locker room and it has been two kids fighting ever since....looks like big brother (Fisher) wins the fight and will remain the head coach at least for another year until his contract is up.

As for VY, his contract states that he cannot be cut until 2/7/11, his agent has been notified

Interesting in Adams' press statement that he said it that although he will inform Vince's agent that they will move on without him next year, that he is viewing the coaching staff as a seperate decision... Chances that they get rid of Young and Fisher???

Interesting in Adams' press statement that he said it that although he will inform Vince's agent that they will move on without him next year, that he is viewing the coaching staff as a seperate decision... Chances that they get rid of Young and Fisher???

Do not see that happening, Fisher is still viewed by many around Nashville as a great coach, though his leash is getting shorter by the year. I think they give him the "this is your last chance" speech and at least let him finish his contract. Big question is who leads the team at QB, Kerry can't do it anymore and Rusty Smith is not the answer.

Where does VY land?

(In no particular order)

Miami, San Fran, Jacksonville, Oakland, Denver, Washington, Minnesota, Carolina, Arizona and Seattle all possible places he could land to compete for a starting job.

Edited by kpholmes

(In no particular order)

, Jacksonville,

There is not a chance in the lords world he ends up in Jax, so please don't puke that idea here.

He is a punk Adam's Apple thug, the only team I could see taking a chance on him is OAK, cause the owner is batschit crazy.

Maybe he can throw passes to TO, 85 and 84, what a mess.

There is not a chance in the lords world he ends up in Jax, so please don't puke that idea here.

He is a punk Adam's Apple thug, the only team I could see taking a chance on him is OAK, cause the owner is batschit crazy.

Maybe he can throw passes to TO, 85 and 84, what a mess.

:wacko:

Such an insightful post. Thank you for blessing us with your deep and intelligent opinions.

Edited by kpholmes

If they can sign him cheaply i hope the Vikings bring him in. They need to add at least 2, maybe 3 QBs. Hopefully one with their first round pick too.

I can't shake the feeling that San Fran takes a chance on him. Running game? Check. Defense? Check. He won't be asked to do too much heavy lifting there and maybe could get his head on straight.

I can't shake the feeling that San Fran takes a chance on him. Running game? Check. Defense? Check. He won't be asked to do too much heavy lifting there and maybe could get his head on straight.

Not sure why the percetion exists that the 49ers defense is all that. Ranked 24th against the pass, 16th ranked scoring defense....this for a team that gets to play the Cardinals, Seahawks and Rams twice. Those numbers aren't even close to impressive.

Their defense was a big reason their season slithered away...they fell behind early in so many games, they became one-dimensional at the expense of their best weapon, Frank Gore.

They need more than Vince Young to rescue them.

Maybe DEN could get more for Orton than they did for Brandon Marshall :wacko:

(FFChamps) Quarterback Kyle Orton is on the Broncos' trading block according to the Denver Post. One of the newspaper's articles says the Broncos are interested in trading Orton and would want a 2nd Round draft pick in return.Analysis: Orton started off the year on fire and was ranked inside the Top 3 for most passing yards, but injuries plagued his second half of the season, opening the door for Rookie Tim Tebow to prove his is a capable NFL Quarterback.

They need more than Vince Young to rescue them.

Agreed that SF needs far more than a QB to rescue them. Both of their corners were liabilities, and TKO, Franklin and Justin Smith aren't getting any younger up front.

Whoever takes over coaching this franchise is going to have to be very careful about who they put in the driver seat. I don't know if they're going to want to go with a young, immature leader who has had trouble passing the ball.

Moreover, the Yorks have made it clear they want to stick to their WCO - and Young is more of a deep passer, isn't he?

And can there really be another Young in SF history?

While I listed SF as a potential landing spot for Young, my list was made up of teams with a pressing need for QB rather than the actual chemistry component. As we've seen though, anything is possible in this league.

Why wouldn't the Titans move a 2nd to get Kyle Orton?

Makes too much sense.

Love it. Especially as a Britt/CJ owner.

Jeff Fisher will potentially have one year to save his career in Tennessee. Kyle Orton and his ability to air the ball out could really open things up with Moss/Britt and keep defenses from stacking the box, consequentially allowing CJ to be productive again.

Fisher is going to have to be extremely careful with who he picks - because he really is only going to get one more shot at this. You'd have to think he's going to go with a McNabb or Orton type vet.

maybe...

kpholmes is one of the best posters here, despite his insane dedication to that horrible franchise :wacko:

That, and pretty much the entire post.

And thank you for the kind words - much appreciated.

Edited by kpholmes

I'm starting to wonder if DEN getting rid of Orton is going to be a mistake. I like Tebow, but when healthy, Orton has looked really good.

All going to depend on who takes over - right?

The fans are going to want Tebow, which has already turned Orton into public enemy #1. The coach they bring in is going to need to have a strong enough backbone to stand up to the fans and say "Orton is my guy, he gives us the better chance to win" - which is not an easy thing to do when you're the new guy in town.

Does Orton give the Broncos a better chance to win than Tim Tebow? I absolutely believe so - and so does almost every other Non-Denver football fan. I understand that Tebow has that "it" factor, and he's a lot of fun to watch - but when it comes down to it - Orton is the better quarterback.

I have been nothing but impressed with Orton since he took over in Denver. He makes the right reads, has a great arm and has really shown he can lead an offense. His downfall has been the atrocious play by the offensive line, and the inevitable failure to run the ball as a result. At 28 years old, he's still a guy you can either build your franchise around, or plug into an already developed offense and see results. You put him in Jeff Fisher's system with CJ, Britt and Moss and I promise you he'd be in the top half of the league's QBs.

I'm starting to wonder if DEN getting rid of Orton is going to be a mistake. I like Tebow, but when healthy, Orton has looked really good.

Looking good doesn't always traslate to winning football games. Other than his FF owners, who cares if he throws 300 yds passing and 3 TDs if his team still loses????

Looking good doesn't always traslate to winning football games. Other than his FF owners, who cares if he throws 300 yds passing and 3 TDs if his team still loses????

:wacko:

Tell that to Manning,Brees,Ryan etc etc etc...the list goes on. So you're of the mindset that if the team doesn't win, you should ditch the QB?