[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

3 feet down does not equal a catch

CaptainHook

on that catch I happen to agree with you...I think the refs screwed the pooch on that one

pretty similar to the Collie play we argued about. I said then that the NFL is ruling those plays as incompletions, even if they get both feet, or even 3, down. They even challenged it and it was upheld. I told you there was more to that rule than what is in that rule book you linked to.

pretty similar to the Collie play we argued about. I said then that the NFL is ruling those plays as incompletions, even if they get both feet, or even 3, down. They even challenged it and it was upheld. I told you there was more to that rule than what is in that rule book you linked to.

Pretty similar in this way: a ball was thrown by a QB, and the reception was attempted by a WR, that's about it. Collie had it, pulled it into his body and was running up field with it as he got rocked...this guy was having it stripped as he was moving forward.

"I told you".....what are you, insecure, or a 14 year old?

Pretty similar in this way: a ball was thrown by a QB, and the reception was attempted by a WR, that's about it. Collie had it, pulled it into his body and was running up field with it as he got rocked...this guy was having it stripped as he was moving forward.

"I told you".....what are you, insecure, or a 14 year old?

I'm pretty sure this is a message board with discussions about football. Both players caught the ball, got three feet down, and the ball came out. Both times it was ruled incomplete. I took a lot of heat for saying it was the correct call when it happened to Collie. Then it happened in the Super Bowl. Ruled incomplete. Challenged. Upheld. The NFL and it's officials are clearly ruling those kind of bang-bang plays incomplete regardless of how many feet get down, if a football move is made, or whatever.

Edited by CaptainHook