[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

MFL Question

LosGatosEnFuegos

Can't believe I still don't totally understand this, but I want to make absolutely sure I'm doing it correctly this week.

Scenario is:

- I want players A & B. Both of them.

- I want player A more than I want B.

- I want to drop player Z for the first one that I get.

- I want to drop player Y in the event that I get both.

Should I be submitting my waivers like this:

Round 1

Pickup A - Drop Z - $5

Pickup B - Drop Z - $4

Round 2

Pickup B - Drop Y - $4

I do not trust MFL's system, in that it has rounds. It makes me think that if I need to add a bunch of players, then i may put a player in round two with a higher bid than someone who has the same player in round one with a lesser bid.

MFL doesn't use rounds all bids are processed at once, highest to lowest

It depends on how the blind bid waivers are setup for your league. There are two methods for processing waivers, with conditions or without conditions. You have described the method without conditions, meaning, the highest bid on said player gets them, period. The second method has conditions, which basically means you have priorities setup per round. All first round bids are processed, then second round blind bids, and so on.

This is correct for contingency bidding, and the rounds only come into play to separate your picks as you can only acquire 1 player from each round. If you want to pick up 4 new players than you need at least 4 separate rounds of bids.

This is correct for contingency bidding, and the rounds only come into play to separate your picks as you can only acquire 1 player from each round. If you want to pick up 4 new players than you need at least 4 separate rounds of bids.
It depends on how the blind bid waivers are setup for your league. There are two methods for processing waivers, with conditions or without conditions. You have described the method without conditions, meaning, the highest bid on said player gets them, period. The second method has conditions, which basically means you have priorities setup per round. All first round bids are processed, then second round blind bids, and so on.

But that doesn't change the base fact - that bids are done high to low. Contingency bids only allow you to make sure you don't get both/all guys by putting them in the same round. And to Scooby's Hubby it doesn't matter which round you put them in - the word round is a misnomer and it's more accurate to call it a "chunk" or a "block" if your bid is highest you win.

While we're on the subject, how does everyone's leagues break blind bidding ties?

I just discovered the hard way that it's earliest submitted bid in my league.

That is commissioner selectable, with no default. Options include the typical Overall Record, Total Points, Power Rank, etc.