[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Calvin Johnson, not sure can afford to start him anymore

dougsullivan

Jabber Gaffney was just an example of a player with an obvious good match up yesterday. Every week you have a guy that has a great match up and you need to consider over a player that has better NLF talent, but inferior match up. If you just started your best players each week regardless of the match ups there is no reason to even join the huddle or research any information. A number 1 receiver against Revis, a running back on the road at Baltimore are just not good starts. Just my opinion

Hey Doug Sullivan - how did that benching of Calvin Johnson work out for you?

This is what I was talking about in the other Calvin thread... That he is probably curled up in a corner somewhere sucking his thumb :tup:

One of two things happen here He'll just come here and say he started him to save face or he'll never be heard from again... Either way I'm laughing cause we all know the truth after multiple people said and I quote" ARE YOU NUTS???" :wacko:

I lost my first round playoff game in part last week because Calvin only scored 3 points (but also some questionable line-up decisions). Sure if I had benched CJ for Doug Baldwin I would have won, but that would be :wacko:

Had I advanced I wouldn't sit him even after that low game, even if his starting QB was out and he was facing the #1 passing DEF, in a major blizzard. Unless of course I'm stacked with other stud WRs (say Welker and another top player to use along with Fitzgerald who is on my team).

I gritted my teeth a few times the last three weeks, but even Megatron's "off week" numbers are still better than many other WR options. I drafted him in three different leagues and started him every week but the byes. I will be playing for two championships, and if my third team didn't decide to have a collective snoozer last week, I would be playing for three titles with Megatron as my WR1.

Edited by historymike

Oh, and a quick thank to The Huddle, which has helped me get to four league championships (out of a possible six, and all teams made the playoffs) since I became a dues-paying member in 2010. The quality of information and advice here is second to no other site on the Internet, and using the resources of The Huddle has elevated me from a better-than-average owner to someone who regularly competes for titles (and cash).

Edited by historymike

How about started him and still lost due to Brees and Spoles. I hate sproles last time I played this team NO played Indy and the 63-7 score was a similar result. I look at match ups and Calvins was prettty good, but I also started Arizona De and KSmith and that did not work out well.

For the records direct from yahoo

Matt Ryan (Atl - QB) Jac 41-14 18.14 20.96

Ray Rice (Bal - RB) @SD L, 34-14 18.90 15.70

Roy Helu (Was - RB) @NYG W, 23-10 17.42 8.40

Calvin Johnson (Det - WR) @Oak W, 28-27 16.56 37.90

Miles Austin (Dal - WR) @TB W, 31-15 12.73 13.80

Kevin Smith Det - RB)Q @Oak W, 28-27 13.32 5.10

Mason Crosby GB - K) @KC L, 19-14 10.27 2.00

Arizona (Ari - DEF) Cle W, 20-17 6.56 4.00

How about started him and still lost due to Brees and Spoles. I hate sproles last time I played this team NO played Indy and the 63-7 score was a similar result. I look at match ups and Calvins was prettty good, but I also started Arizona De and KSmith and that did not work out well.

For the records direct from yahoo

I don't play on Yahoo so I'm not familiar with their formatting, those last two numbers (e.g. 16.56 & 37.90 for Calvin) is that projected points and actual points?

Looks like Helu & Crosby didn't help much either.

this is similar to my lineup this week except i had harvin's snoozer instead of austin. my stud shady put up a better game than rice but rivers put up the same as ryan for you. i was lucky enough to have hernandez at my TE spot so he helped save me along with my 2 studs (calvin and shady). I got a 40 point lead but my opponent has 3 left on monday. hoping i survive!!

and ALL HAIL MEGATRON!! why would anyone even THINK of benching him. OUTRAGEOUS!! lol

this is similar to my lineup this week except i had harvin's snoozer instead of austin. my stud shady put up a better game than rice but rivers put up the same as ryan for you. i was lucky enough to have hernandez at my TE spot so he helped save me along with my 2 studs (calvin and shady). I got a 40 point lead but my opponent has 3 left on monday. hoping i survive!!

and ALL HAIL MEGATRON!! why would anyone even THINK of benching him. OUTRAGEOUS!! lol

Yep, started him last night. I would rather loose with him in the lineup than loose with him on the bench. Also, it was a matter of time when he would get his.