[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Peyton Manning a top 7 QB?

timFFBA

??? I'm pretty sure it wouldn't surprise anyone if both Decker and Thomas finished as top 25 WR this year.

What's your point?

Any warm body that you start at WR is going to put up so many FF points. What Manning achieves as Denver's QB is going to be in spite of his WRs, not because of them. Other than FF players, ain't nobody outside of Denver has heard of Thomas or Decker and there's no reason that they should have.

What's your point?

Any warm body that you start at WR is going to put up so many FF points. What Manning achieves as Denver's QB is going to be in spite of his WRs, not because of them. Other than FF players, ain't nobody outside of Denver has heard of Thomas or Decker and there's no reason that they should have.

They have probably heard of Thomas because of the long game winning TD in overtime. I mean after all it was Tebow who threw it.

Manning looked great today against the SF D. Absolutely cut the D apart. He even had a significantly shortened stint in the 1st half because quite frankly he didn't have much else to show. Ball wobbles a bit more than you'd like to see, but his placement was almost impeccable except for one to Stokley, who made a superb tip and catch on a ball that led him a bit too much. Manning did get plastered on one play just after he released the ball, with his head bouncing off the turf as he landed back first after a clean shot. Couldn't help but hold my breath a bit, as I'm sure many DEN and Manning fans did.

FWIW, it looks like the ball is going to get spread around a lot. That means to TEs and RBs as well as WRs. DEN is also going to run more than a traditional Manning team, so I'm not sure either DT or Decker will get enough opportunity to be top 25 WRs, unless one gets hurt.

Hopefully the beginning of a prolonged run this year for Manning and he's shaken most of the rust off, instead of just being an "on" day. I'm still skeptical and for the same reasons as I mentioned earlier, but I sure feel better than after the first 2 games.

I drafted Peyton after watching him play his last preseason... Seems to have a nice connection with Decker and Thomas is going to open up the field... Throw in dressens and Tamme and Peyton In my eyes is a top 7 QB by the end of the year barring injury..

I drafted Peyton after watching him play his last preseason... Seems to have a nice connection with Decker and Thomas is going to open up the field... Throw in dressens and Tamme and Peyton In my eyes is a top 7 QB by the end of the year barring injury..

He looked nice on Sunday, I'll give you that.

But, even assuming he's 100% and good to go, you still have a coach in Fox who does not like to air it out, a RB who's discovered the fountain of youth, and a D who allowed them to win games despite rarely breaking 20 pts last year. And no, Azz, it wasn't because the offense was keeping the D off the field. They were below average in TOP and even worse in time per possesion, which is the part the offense contributes to the equation.

Top 7, these days, means you're chucking it all over the field. 4000 and 30 or something like that. And I just don't see it.

And that's assuming that Manning is truly 100%.

But he doesn't have to be 100% to be Top 7.

In 2010, two years and four surgeries ago, in a system with which he was intimately familiar, with Reggie Wayne, with far more pass attempts than he had ever attempted, Manning was the 4th rated QB. (ETA- he scored .6 more points than Brees and 5 pts more than Brady, so Manning was a dropped pass away from being #5 )

Since then, you have Stafford, Newton, and Ryan, in addition to the big 3. Throw in Eli and Romo, and Manning's ceiling is 9, 100% (whatever that is) or not. I don't see how he doesn't drop 3-4 spots in his present situation.

Edited by Furd

Since then, you have Stafford, Newton, and Ryan, in addition to the big 3. Throw in Eli and Romo, and Manning's ceiling is 9, 100% (whatever that is) or not. I don't see how he doesn't drop 3-4 spots in his present situation.

It wouldn't surprise me a bit to see Manning outperform his brother, Newton, Ryan, and Romo. I'm not saying I expect it but it wouldn't be a surprise either.

It wouldn't surprise me a bit to see Manning outperform his brother, Newton, Ryan, and Romo. I'm not saying I expect it but it wouldn't be a surprise either.

+1

I'd say his ceiling is 5, his floor is 10-12 (if he stays healthy). I don't thin top 7 is that unlikely, putting it at close to 50%.

I would be very suprised if he finished the year top 7.

As a matter of fact I would be suprised if he finished the year period.

I hope that I'm wrong, but I think his hit jar is pretty close to full... new team, new line,

new everything with an old neck.

I hope he does well but I'm not drafting him unless he's around near the end of the draft.