[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ridley

alexgaddis

Assuming people expected Ridley to at least duplicate BJGE numbers, consider this:

In 2011, BJGE went 181-667-11. He scored in exactly 8 of 16 games and only had double digit carries in 9 of 16 games. He had 5 complete clunkers, running for less than 20 yards with no scores in those games.

In 2010, he went 229-1008-13. He scored in 10 of 16 games and only exceeded 12 carries in 9 of 16 games. He had 3 complete clunkers, running for 22 or fewer yards in each game with no scores.

What's my point? Ridley is just as likely to disappear 3-5 times this year. Even if he is more effective than BJGE, Ridley isn't likely to command the ball any more or any less. If we can get 10-12 games where Ridley either scores or tops 75 yards, we should be happy with that. The top 10 talk prior to tonight was a bit optimistic.

I forget what beat writer tweeted it but the Pats like Woodhead in the no huddle more than Ridley

I was going to post this as well.

keep the faith true believers. As the game gets into the 4th and they need to start grinding the clock I expect a healthy dose of Ridley.

This, as they hold leads in the second half this season.

However, not letting him get the goal line TD just sucked.

Assuming people expected Ridley to at least duplicate BJGE numbers, consider this:

In 2011, BJGE went 181-667-11. He scored in exactly 8 of 16 games and only had double digit carries in 9 of 16 games. He had 5 complete clunkers, running for less than 20 yards with no scores in those games.

In 2010, he went 229-1008-13. He scored in 10 of 16 games and only exceeded 12 carries in 9 of 16 games. He had 3 complete clunkers, running for 22 or fewer yards in each game with no scores.

What's my point? Ridley is just as likely to disappear 3-5 times this year. Even if he is more effective than BJGE, Ridley isn't likely to command the ball any more or any less. If we can get 10-12 games where Ridley either scores or tops 75 yards, we should be happy with that. The top 10 talk prior to tonight was a bit optimistic.

Good analysis, as a BJGE owner these past 2 years I don't recall him ever getting that little usage in a game. Maybe I blacked it out. I did know that Woodhead is the preferred weapon in the no huddle.

I wonder if you looked at other RB with similar season stats to BJGE, how would they compare. Do many of them have 2-3 clunkers per season? Or games with a low number of carries?

I'm happier with BJGE in CIN because I expect he'll be used more regularly there.