[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

CBS Sports SUCKS

Ram Tough

ESPN works perfect and has custom scoring

dunno why you would pay for a service

Will it support the following? mfl.com has supported this scoring system for the decade this league has existed (and earned our undying loyalty by doing so). When we wanted to set lineups according to the start of each player's game, they worked with us and made it happen. When we wanted a customizable schedule that has a 19 game schedule with double headers only on non-bye weeks, they made it happen. When we wanted to use conditional blind bids for FAs, they worked with us and made it happen. Now they've adjusted FA so that we can have FCFS FAs after the Thurs. night game but still before the Sunday games, excluding Thurs players.

Starting lineups shall be comprised of one of the options of the following makeup:

OFFENSE - 9 players

1 QB

1 RB

2 WR

1 TE

2 flex players that may be any combination of RBs, WRs, or TEs, provided that a team start no more than 2 RBs or 2 TEs total

1 K

1 P

DEFENSE - 11 players

Teams may play one of the (4) following defensive schemes:

3-4-4

2 DE

1 DT

4 LB

2 S

2 CB

4-3-4

2 DE

2 DT

3 LB

2 S

2 CB

3-3-5

2 DE

1 DT

3 LB

2 S

2 CB

1 FLEX DB, which may be either a S or a CB

4-2-5

2 DE

2 DT

2 LB

2 S

2 CB

1 FLEX DB, which may be either a S or a CB

PLAYER SCORING

Common to all players:

---------------

Each non-passing TDs = 6 pts

Passing Yardage: 1 Yd = 0.04 pts

300 yds = 2 pts bonus

400 yds = additional 2 pt bonus

Pass Completions: 1 completion = 0.500 Pts

Pass Incompletions: 1 incompletion = -0.500 Pts

Pass Interception (thrown): 1 INT = -2.000 Pts

QB Sacked: 1 QB sack = -1.000 Pts to the passer

QB Sacked Yardage: 1 Yds = -0.050 Pts to the passer

Rushing Yardage: 1 Yds = 0.1 Pts

100 yds = 2 pt bonus

150 yds = additional 2 pt bonus

Number of Rushes: 1 Att = 0.2 Pts

Receiving Yardage: 1 Yds =0.1 Pts

100 yds = 2 pt bonus

150 yds = additional 2 pt bonus

2 Pt Conversion (any kind): 1 = 2 Pts

Field Goal Distance: 40 yards or less = 3 pts

40-49 yards = 4 pts

50-59 yards = 5 pts

60 yards or more = 6 pts

Number of Missed Field Goals: 1 = -2 Pts

Make an Extra Point: 1 = 1 Pt

Miss an Extra Point: 1 = -1 Pts

Punt Yardage: 1 Yds = 0.02 Pts

Punts Inside the 20: 1 = 1 Pt

Punt Return Yardage: 1 Yd = 0.04 Pts

Kickoff Return Yardage: 1 Yds = 0.025 Pts

Fumble: 1 = -2 Pts

Fumble Recovery: 1 = 2 Pts

Fumble Recovery Yardage: 1 Yd = 0.04 Pts

Forced Fumbles: 1 = 3 Pts

Interception (by Defense): 1 = 4 Pts

Interception Return Yardage: 1 Yds = 0.040 pts

Passes Defensed: 1 = 1 Pt

Number of Blocked FGs: 1 = 3 Pts

Number of Blocked Punts: 1 = 3 Pts

Number of Blocked XPs: 1 Qty = 2 Pts

Tackle: 1 = 1.2 Pts

Assist: 1 Qty = 0.6 Pts

Sack (by Defense): 1/2 sack = 2.5 Pts

Sack yardage: 1 yd = 0.04 pts

Safety: 1 = 5 Pts

Unique by position scoring:

Passing TDs:

QBs = 5 pts/TD

All other players = 6 pts/TD

Receptions:

RBs = 0.5 pts/reception

TEs = 1.5 pts/reception

All other players = 1.0 pts/reception

Edited by Bronco Billy

BB,

You make good points about CBS, but when a problem transcends league management site (the scoring problems on Sunday that were reportedly happening at CBS, MFL, Yahoo, etc.) I don't see why people take shots at CBS, and talk about "well for all the money we spend they should have enough servers and bandwith not to have these problems." Every site was having that problem, and it was not CBS fault. Yet people still just blame them, and give MFL and others a pass for having the same exact problem.

As far as CBS and their tactics, we were on CBS when it was free, and were not happy with the increases. Prior to that we had used FFLM before MFL started with the full league web site. I liked the old FFLM software and thought they did a good job. But we're not leaving CBS because we like it, and the small cost per owner is tolerable to have all our history and not have to go through setting up the league elsewhere. If I were starting from scratch I'd certainly consider MFL.

What CBS did to compete and try to knock out MFL is something that virtually all large businesses do, so if people are so upset with that they should stop using Microsoft products, don't buy things from Amazon, and generally stop doing business with any large company that will do what it can (legally) to steal market share from their competitors.

What CBS did to compete and try to knock out MFL is something that virtually all large businesses do,

No, they don't. Not sure why you're trying to make excuses for CBS, other than you're trying to rationalize paying a premium for a product that doesn't function as well as competitors. But giving away a product for free in an effort to bankrupt competitors violates the Robinson-Patman Act (I think - but I would believe it is certainly an antitrust issue).

Edited by Bronco Billy

No, they don't. Not sure why you're trying to make excuses for CBS, other than you're trying to rationalize paying a premium for a product that doesn't function as well as competitors. But giving away a product for free in an effort to bankrupt competitors violates the Robinson-Patman Act.

Whatever, you and some others have an axe to grind with CBS, and nothing others can say will change your mind. All CBS users are fools, and all the smart people use MFL.

Its pretty clear from the bashing they take when other sites (including MFL) have the same problem. That is where I had a big issue with this, CBS sucks was the thread title, and it turns out that all FFL sites sucks since they were all having this problem.

As far as the business practice, I'd have to dig into that further to know the details, but I'd assume if CBS broke the law that they were prosecuted. Your claim that others business do not do that is silly, just look at the great offers that telecoms (phone, cell, TV, internet) make to suck new customers in, then raise the prices. All while continuing to charge existing customers an inflated figure, unless they call to complain and threaten to drop them. Not to mention other businesses undercutting the competition to run them off, then taking their market share. It may be a little different than what CBS did, but its the same principal.

I had no issues whatsoever this past Sunday on any of my 3 MFL sites.

There was at least one post in this thread from an MFL user claiming they were having problems (others saying Yahoo as well, etc.)

I had no problems with CBS either (because I wasn't monitoring the score during the game) ;)

Along with others, my local (only league I've been in since 04) uses ESPN. Never have a problem. First year (this year) in a second league for me, and MFL is pretty nice, IMHO. As others have pointed out, TONS of stuff in there compared to other sites (and I'm not a commish). Actually, almost too much stuff (info overload) for somebody like me. Sometimes I feel like an off-medication epileptic looking at one of those "hidden pictures" while listening to Several Species of Small Furry Animals Grooving Together in a Cave With a Pict. My sensories get all frazzled up. Was on NFL.com last year in a free/friendly league. Worked OK for what we needed.

Am I the only one playing at NFL.com? I have never had any problems and it is free. Is there a reason I don't know about since NFL.com is never mentioned as an option?

I use it but it has so many pop ups and fancy crap going on that it just annoys me. KEEP IT SIMPLE!

I have also been loyal to ESPN for years now, and wouldn't stop using them. They keep it simple and nice. Their apps, especially for the iPad are amazing.