[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

OT: Sunday Ticket

Heroes2010

DTV calls about every 2 months to offer up some free showtime or whatever. But it's always just a verbal authorization and done. No go drop an envelope of unmarked bills in the post office box at the corner of 5th and main at 2:15am.

Exactly, which is why I entertained the call at first but as the conversation went on it got more and more fishy. I got all the info, hung up and reported them.

On the phone with Directv right now. I didnt even have to ask for the Sunday Ticket. They just threw it in since I was upgrading for free to the Genie boxes. Plus, I got $15 off per month for the next 15 months & an additional $5 off per month for 24 months. They also threw in a $200 prepaid visa card. :pickle:

On the phone with Directv right now. I didnt even have to ask for the Sunday Ticket. They just threw it in since I was upgrading for free to the Genie boxes. Plus, I got $15 off per month for the next 15 months & an additional $5 off per month for 24 months. They also threw in a $200 prepaid visa card. :pickle:

2 year contract with the Genie boxes?

I hate direct tv w a passion!!! I call 2 weeks ago and the rep says they can get it down to $25 a month vs 40 for the ticket but she said Ill transfer u to retention and they can give u a better deal..Was going to accept that deal but she seemed confident I would get a better one...I get transferred and the RUDE lady says NOPE you are maxed out on credits and cannot give u a discount! After explaining what the last rep said she said she sees no notes....Was livid but added it anyway, and then they transfer me to a dept so i can cancel HBO , and the guy asks how was my day ,and explained to him the whole situation...He said he can't do anything w the ticket but he can give me the max for $50..At that time i had no need for it...But today my wife asks me to add it for her, so being a good husband I call to add it for the $50 and BEHOLD...They can't give it to me for that price cause I am maxed out on credits!!!! WTF..I have a whopping $10 discount on there.....Thats maxed out????? I HATE THIS COMPANY AND CANNOT WAIT FOR ATT TO GET THE TICKET SO I CAN LEAVE!!! SO FRUSTRATED..BUT HEY FOOTBALLS HERE lol

Edited by robert terni

Well - we have resolution. I decided NOT to go crawling back to Directv after I was lied to by the phone rep and told I could not get Red Zone ala carte.

Dish Network does offer Red Zone channel, and they are going to load my house with fancy new equipment / hopper and all the stuff, and give me 3 months of the movie channels and the Fox sports channels, and when it is all said and done I will come out about the same price over the course of the two years.

The kicker - when I called to cancel Directv - they were singing a different tune, informing me that "looking at your account,you are eligible for the Red Zone channel" HUH. WELL I'LL BE DAMNED.

Sorry. Too late sister. Damage is done. 14 year customer bye bye. I guess I wasn't bluffing after all. :razz:

• Like 1

No surprise, somebody gave you a sweetheart deal to steal a customer from a competitor. Call DirecTV back in a couple years, they'll probably give you a great deal too.

When I called Dish to cancel (after having AT&T U-Verse installed) they were trying to offer me all sorts of deals to stay. I had to repeat several times "I already have a contract wtih AT&T and I am not staying with Dish." I should have tried to get better deals from them, but I hate all that haggling with people on the phone.