[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

(Somewhat) bold predictions for the 2013 Fantasy season

Papajohn

Demo (D. Murray) plays in all 16 games finally.

Tavon Austin gets Super Slam, not once but twice! scores in all 4 ways this year at least two times each. PR TD, KR TD, Rec TD, Rush TD.

Jets make studs out of every defense they play.

Lance Dunbar scores at least 3 times beyond 50 yards.

-Michael Vick will be a top 5 fantasy QB in Chip Kelly's fast paced offense.

- Jason Witten will finish as the top fantasy TE

- ALL Day will blow out his other knee by week 4, ruining the hopes of many fantasy owners.

- Jamal Charles will be healthy the whole year and lead the league in rushing yards and rushing TDs

- Atlanta will have a great regular season and forget how to play the game once the playoffs start....(wait, that is not bold)...sry

- Gio Bernard will have at least 10 rushing TDs and be a consensus top 5 pick next season.

Josh Gordon will be a top-10 WR from week 3 forward.

Demariyus Thomas will lead the league in receiving yards and TD's (guess that's not too bold considering he's consensus top 6-7 or so).

Terrelle Pryor, mostly on the strength of his legs, will become a start-able FF QB. Don't laugh, there will be tons of garbage time in the second half of many of their games, in the only game he played any significant time last year he put up a running TD and 2 passing. One of the softest schedules in the league.

Edited by SecondString

Markus Wheaton will start off slow....fantasy teams across the world that had high hopes for the kid will lose all faith and release him. Then week 6 comes. The Steelers are coming off their bye week. Coach says they need a spark so he gives Wheaton more play time..Then it happens....BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM 65 yard TD pass, BOOOOOOM 18 yard TD pass. Markus Fawking Wheaton never looks back and becomes a fantasy beast.

From last year, this was the best prediction:

Savage Beatings, on 17 May 2012 - 06:35 PM, said:

Mike Shanahan will pick one RB to be his workhorse and he will become a fantasy stud for the season.

This was the worst:

Posted [/color]25 May 2012 - 01:01 PM

The Oakland Raiders will make the playoffs and Darren McFadden will be looked at as a contender for the #1 ranked RB in 2013.

• Like 1

Flynn loses job in Oakland. I was never a fan until that Lions game but told Seahawks fans after last year's draft I liked Russell Wilson better. H never did anything here until that game with Lions backups and was a 7th round pick.

Pete Carroll did the right thing in having a truly open competition. He and others rebuilt that team in about 4 years. They could go all the way this year.

Jamal Charles is lost for the season with an injury and Stephen Jackson shows signs of age. The forums wait for Baby Jane to commit hara-kiri. He doesn't, and further goes on to say he saw this coming all along and was only touting Charles and Jackson as part of a personal, fantasy football pied piper fantasy as a smokescreen to lead us all away from his real, personal favorite RBs for this year.

Wait for it...

• 3 months later...

Alex Smith has 4000+ yards passing & 22 or more TDs

Giovanni Bernard finishes as a RB2 in PPR

Pierre Garçon is a top 12 WR

Sproles is a top-10 RB in PPR

Forte is top-5 in PPR

It snows on Super Bowl Sunday

Oh and I'll add this one...Adrian Peterson will not finish as a top-5 RB...I've got him 10 right now or I'd say not top-10

Miss: Alex Smith won’t hit 4K passing yards and with 3313 passing yards and playing in a series or two this weekend won’t help him get much closer.

Hit – Alex Smith has 23 passing TDs so he exceeded the prediction of 22.

Hit – Gio finished as RB14.

Hit – Garcon finished as WR11.

Miss: Sproles finished as RB22.

Hit: Forte finished as RB3..

Hit: AP finished as RB7

I'll take 5 of 7 hits. Now the only thing left is to see if we have snow for the Super Bowl.

I have three this season, that are at the very least (somewhat) bold.

1) I will start where I finished of last season and once again predict that BenJarvus Green-Ellis (BJGE) will finish in the top 15 amoung RBs in 0 PPR and 0,5 PPR league and in top 17 for 1 PPR league.

2) On top of that he will finish ahead of Steven Jackson in all of these three formats.

3) Antonio Gates will once again not finish in the top 10 at TE. Last year when I called it (yes that was a thinly veiled brag :brow:) it was a somewhat bold prediction, this year probably not so much!

A big fat no to all three :tdown:

Josh Gordon will be a top-10 WR from week 3 forward.

Demariyus Thomas will lead the league in receiving yards and TD's (guess that's not too bold considering he's consensus top 6-7 or so).

Terrelle Pryor, mostly on the strength of his legs, will become a start-able FF QB. Don't laugh, there will be tons of garbage time in the second half of many of their games, in the only game he played any significant time last year he put up a running TD and 2 passing. One of the softest schedules in the league.

1. Check

2. Tied for 2nd in TD's / 7th in yardage

3. Check

-Michael Vick will be a top 5 fantasy QB in Chip Kelly's fast paced offense.

- Jason Witten will finish as the top fantasy TE

- ALL Day will blow out his other knee by week 4, ruining the hopes of many fantasy owners.

- Jamal Charles will be healthy the whole year and lead the league in rushing yards and rushing TDs

- Atlanta will have a great regular season and forget how to play the game once the playoffs start....(wait, that is not bold)...sry

- Gio Bernard will have at least 10 rushing TDs and be a consensus top 5 pick next season.

Vick-BIG MISS

Witten - Hit

AD - ? got hurt late hurting teams in playoffs

Jamal Charles - McCoy is all from keeping this a hit

Atlanta - Sucked all year(didn't see that coming)

Gio - MISS (5 rushing TDs and 3 rec. TDs)

Bad year of predictions for me overall. no biggie!

Witten - Hit

I guess it would depend on the scoring, but I thought Jimmy was the top TE this year? In my league he outscored the #2 TE (Julius) by 50 pts, and outscored Witten by 84.

Edited by bud29

I guess it would depend on the scoring, but I thought Jimmy was the top TE this year? In my league he outscored the #2 TE (Julius) by 50 pts, and outscored Witten by 84.

Witten was #6 (over 100 points less than JG) in the Huddle Expert Leagues http://football17.myfantasyleague.com/2013/top?L=18712&SEARCHTYPE=BASIC&COUNT=500&YEAR=2013&START_WEEK=1&END_WEEK=16&CATEGORY=overall&POSITION=TE&DISPLAY=points&TEAM=*