[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Foles

GoldenEagle81

He is usually 5th or 6th depending on your scoring rules. Philly ranked 8th in pass yards and 7th in pass TDs last year in the first year of the new offense.

He is usually 5th or 6th depending on your scoring rules. Philly ranked 8th in pass yards and 7th in pass TDs last year in the first year of the new offense.

I personally like Foles, but the main concerns are no Desean and a non-healthy Maclin. The question is, was Foles the beneficiary of Desean's talent in a new offense, or does he make guys play better and perform well no matter who his targets are?

I personally like Foles, but the main concerns are no Desean and a non-healthy Maclin. The question is, was Foles the beneficiary of Desean's talent in a new offense, or does he make guys play better and perform well no matter who his targets are?

I am actually with the opinion that he is being overranked.

I know in that system they run a lot of plays and put up alot of points. but he has no sweetheart schedule this year.

I still have him as a fantasy starter but 1 of the weaker 1's.

As you pointed out in losing Johnson they lost by their best WR. and their rushing schedule (which I have as the 4th easiest in the league) makes me think they run, run and more run.

From a previous post:

Maclin 69-857-7

Jackson 45-700-2

Maclin 63-859-5

Jackson 58-961-4

Maclin 70-964-10

Jackson 47-1056-6

Total up the last three seasons:

Jackson 150-2717-12

Maclin 202-2680-22

Before last year, Jackson was more the long-ball player and not the possession receiver he became last year (taking over Maclin's role). The offense is not a deep strike scheme but a fast-paced one with more over the middle and shorter throws. Which was why Jackson has 20 more catches than any other season. The style should be better suited to Maclin.

• Like 1

This is true. but only 1 of those guys was getting double teamed. and that guy was Jackson.

I do agree Maclin is more of a possession WR though and is built for this offense. his hammy has me worried though.

Djax getting doubled has been one of the biggest myths in the reasoning why the Eagles offense won't be the same without him...

And it won't. ...teams knew how to cover Desean...if you had a db that could run with him like the Saints did then he is a non factor...

Djax getting doubled has been one of the biggest myths in the reasoning why the Eagles offense won't be the same without him...

And it won't. ...teams knew how to cover Desean...if you had a db that could run with him like the Saints did then he is a non factor...

The Eagles , as you know, had noone but him at WR that once in the open field could make things happen. so every team cheated that way a little on passing situations with a safety. but yes, I agree, if you just run with Jackson and keep your body on the inside of him he has problems in single coverage as he does not have good hands and is scared to be hit. just his playmaking ability made him a guy that can be invisable all game and then change the game with 1 play and teams know that. it made Maclins job easier plus Maclin is a better route runner.

On another note, him and Garcon play just alike ( except I do not think Garcon is as good as Jackson). which of those cats is gonna go over the middle and get a 1st? If Reed can keep from getting his body torn apart he is in for a good 1.

The Eagles , as you know, had noone but him at WR that once in the open field could make things happen. so every team cheated that way a little on passing situations with a safety. but yes, I agree, if you just run with Jackson and keep your body on the inside of him he has problems in single coverage as he does not have good hands and is scared to be hit. just his playmaking ability made him a guy that can be invisable all game and then change the game with 1 play and teams know that. it made Maclins job easier plus Maclin is a better route runner.

On another note, him and Garcon play just alike ( except I do not think Garcon is as good as Jackson). which of those cats is gonna go over the middle and get a 1st? If Reed can keep from getting his body torn apart he is in for a good 1.

I dunno...with McCoy out there they had to pay attention to him. .. very few wrs get doubled these days. .. only Megatron. .. sometimes

IMO, the risk associated with such a small sample size of performance is not being accounted for in his draft day cost. QB is the last position where I want to overpay for a potential unknown quantity.

IMO, the risk associated with such a small sample size of performance is not being accounted for in his draft day cost. QB is the last position where I want to overpay for a potential unknown quantity.

Now he is starting to sound like someone who only played 3 or 4 games

Now he is starting to sound like someone who only played 3 or 4 games

If I am going to draft a QB with a pick that I could use for a week 1 flex worthy WR or RB, that QB is going to have at least a couple seasons of proven performance. The position is just way too deep to warrant reaching for a guy like Foles.

Personally, I think Foles is a legit good QB, but I'd rather draft a proven performer like Cutler, Newton, or Rivers, especially several rounds later than where you have to take Baby Horses.

I think people are missing the boat here. This is a classic case of a system making a QB and not the other way around.

With a system QB, the players change but the production remains nearly the same. Think when Cassel took over for Brady as a recent example.

In this case, the presence or absence of one player, DeSean Jackson, is probably irrelevant. The defenses in the Eagles' division are between mediocre and terrible and Foles now has a year's worth of learning in this system. I don't know if he's top 5 but a regression doesn't make alot of sense to me.

He seems like a great option in the 7th round or later.

• Like 1

I think people are missing the boat here. This is a classic case of a system making a QB and not the other way around.

With a system QB, the players change but the production remains nearly the same. Think when Cassel took over for Brady as a recent example.

In this case, the presence or absence of one player, DeSean Jackson, is probably irrelevant. The defenses in the Eagles' division are between mediocre and terrible and Foles now has a year's worth of learning in this system. I don't know if he's top 5 but a regression doesn't make alot of sense to me.

He seems like a great option in the 7th round or later.

If the "system" is now missing an incredibly important cog, wouldn't it make sense to think that the offense could have some issues? Jackson was the big-play threat that the safeties had to consistently keep tabs on, opening up things for Cooper, Ertz, etc.

So, you may be right about this being a system thing, but we're not talking about the Eagles changing QBs. Then it would make sense to bring up the system. But in this case, the loss of their big-play threat could really matter. It may not... someone else may take his place. But that remains to be seen.

And if you're getting Foles in the 7th or later, well then I congratulate you for finding monkeys or kindergartners to play with. His ADP is at the middle of the 5th right now.

Edited by darin3

i don't really see any reason for a big regression. of course he won't throw 2 int's all year. They lost DJax, but have added Maclin, Sproles and the rook who looks pretty good.

Agreed. And he has one more year/off season to cultivate his skills and knowledge in chip Kelly's offense. I've said it on another thread, I think if view things objectively you need to give kelly the benefit of the doubt. Seems like the entire team is buying into what he's selling and he continues staying one step ahead. Just my thoughts.

• Like 1

If the "system" is now missing an incredibly important cog, wouldn't it make sense to think that the offense could have some issues? Jackson was the big-play threat that the safeties had to consistently keep tabs on, opening up things for Cooper, Ertz, etc.

So, you may be right about this being a system thing, but we're not talking about the Eagles changing QBs. Then it would make sense to bring up the system. But in this case, the loss of their big-play threat could really matter. It may not... someone else may take his place. But that remains to be seen.

And if you're getting Foles in the 7th or later, well then I congratulate you for finding monkeys or kindergartners to play with. His ADP is at the middle of the 5th right now.

With such a small RB group this year, taking Foles in a important RB/WR spot is not something I could make myself do. not when I can wait 3 rounds and get Romo.

I agree with those here who would rather wait a few rounds and get a Romo, Rivers, even a Roethlisberger instead. The only way I'd think about it is if Foles and Maclin both fell to me below their current ADP. They won't, so I'll gladly let others overpay.

There are a lot of people waiting on QB on top of not being sold on Foles...so I have seen him slip into the 7th round...and I am one of the people that allowed him to slip that far because I like acquiring as many quality players as I can before I start reaching for upside players like Devonta Freeman and Jordan Matthews

• Like 2

There are a lot of people waiting on QB on top of not being sold on Foles...so I have seen him slip into the 7th round...and I am one of the people that allowed him to slip that far because I like acquiring as many quality players as I can before I start reaching for upside players like Devonta Freeman and Jordan Matthews

Not to derail a good thread, but I have also seen everyone waiting on QB and it is creating some unexpected values. I would have never thought I'd get Stafford in any draft due to his cost, but I just nabbed him in a 10 team league in the 7th as the 5th QB to go.

I could see the value in grabbing Foles if I am deciding between him and a guy like McFadden. But I will take Joique Bell over Foles 10 times out of 10. It all depends on the flow of the particular draft.