[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Daily fantasy illegal in Texas

DMD

http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas-mavericks/mavericks/2016/01/19/mark-cuban-cites-stocks-insurance-challenge-texas-ag-ruling-daily-fantasy-sports-games

Pretty interesting. Going to the Fantasy Sports Trade Association tomorrow. Image Mark Cuban will be an interesting speaker.

What makes this even greater is that our Attorney General (who used to live a block away from me) is now indicted on security fraud charges as well.

• Like 1

Are you going to have to reconsider providing any views and articles that include info about daily fantasy games since they are illegal where you are (and most likely where The Huddle is licensed to operate)? Just curious, doesn't affect me.

To Cuban's point, sorry but stocks are not even close to DFS, since the house does not get a gauranteed cut (the broker selling it to you may, but that doesn't seem the same). Insurances doesn't really fit either, just because the house makes a profit (certainly across all policies and even most individual ones).

I get that in many cases it is the lottery groups wanting to keep others out and nanny state politicians trying to protect the citizens (or at least appear to do that), but those points don't relate to Cuban's points.

The ruling wasn't binding as that needs a legislative action. But it is disappointing as an opinion from the highest law officer in the state. It is all about money and power and politics.

The ruling wasn't binding as that needs a legislative action. But it is disappointing as an opinion from the highest law officer in the state. It is all about money and power and politics.

Right, the AG simply said "it's gambling", but it hasn't been outlawed (yet). You're right it's about power and politics, which boil down to money. Sad.

You're right it's about power and politics, which boil down to money. Sad.

Same thing goes for hookers and blow. If the government could have a hand in it (well not sure I'd want a hand in a hooker) and they were capitalizing from it - Friday nights would certainly be a LOT more fun than they are now!