[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hurt Stats year after...Jamaal Charles

Union Jack

5 Games and 71 carries in 2015...then went down w/injury.

what does Huddle Nation think about bounce back year from Charles? Didn't he do this 1 or 2 times in the past?

I haven't really looked into it but thought he crushed it the years after being injured.

Already thinking draft in Late May

Charles bounced back after 2011 to post 1745 total yards and 6 TD. But he was only 26 not 30. It is hard to call on those though since it is still different cases for every individual. I am trying to get comfortable with his outlook too but I want to see training camp and something more solid than just a coach saying he will be fine week 1. He has come back from injury before but he's older now.

Another "avoid" candidate. Already been proven that anyone - be it Spencer Ware or Charcandrick West - can flourish in this system. Three-way split likely, killing any and all fantasy value. If you're relying on Charles as your RB1 you're in for a long year. If you can manage to get him as your RB2 and still somehow have a solid WR1 and WR2 then maybe you get lucky, but can't think of a situation where that'd be possible.

Another "avoid" candidate. Already been proven that anyone - be it Spencer Ware or Charcandrick West - can flourish in this system. Three-way split likely, killing any and all fantasy value. If you're relying on Charles as your RB1 you're in for a long year. If you can manage to get him as your RB2 and still somehow have a solid WR1 and WR2 then maybe you get lucky, but can't think of a situation where that'd be possible.

we shall see, nothing about west or ware impress me

Charles is a special talent if he is your RB2 youre in for a great year

we shall see, nothing about west or ware impress me

Charles is a special talent if he is your RB2 youre in for a great year

This is why everyone calls you a troll. You are not a coach, a GM, or anything close to a talent evaluator.

Ware ran for 5.6 ypc and scored 6 TDs in 2015.... in fairly limited action.

West didn't bring the same ypc production (4.0), but scored 5 times (4 rush, 1 rec.) and accumulated 20 catches on 34 targets. The entire fantasy community bit when it was pretty obvious that he could come close to Charles' fantasy output. Then The Walrus decided to go with "the hot hand theory" and use the highly-effective Ware in certain spots. Smart.

And yes, Charles was off to a nice start in '15 ypc-wise (5.1), and scored 4 times.... but he also lost 2 fumbles in the span of just 5 contests.

No one's contesting Charles' talent. I'm a hugh UT and Charles fan. But you are crazy if you think that West/Ware won't eat into his production in '16.

Edited by darin3

Players in as good of condition as Charles bounce back strongly from ACL surgeries nowadays. He still looked elite before he got hurt last year. It'll be hard to keep him off the field if he rebounds to his former self. He is a risky pick, but I'll take that risk in the 3rd round.

Players in as good of condition as Charles bounce back strongly from ACL surgeries nowadays. He still looked elite before he got hurt last year. It'll be hard to keep him off the field if he rebounds to his former self. He is a risky pick, but I'll take that risk in the 3rd round.

He won't make it into the 3rd round of 8-team leagues. Somewhere in the 2nd of 12-team leagues is likely. If he makes it longer than that it's because his rehab hit some roadblocks, which increases his risk further. I agree with you that I'll probably be passing at the price we'd have to pay to get him.

• Like 2

He won't make it into the 3rd round of 8-team leagues. Somewhere in the 2nd of 12-team leagues is likely. If he makes it longer than that it's because his rehab hit some roadblocks, which increases his risk further. I agree with you that I'll probably be passing at the price we'd have to pay to get him.

His adp is 19.61 in MFL public league drafts. After looking at the list, there aren't many players ranked below Charles that I'd take over Charles. I could see drafting Charles in the mid second round. It's a lot of risk, though.

At the very least, Ware steals the goal line carries. An aging, injury prone RB with a lot of other options is going to get the lion's share of the carries? I don't see it. I think he's going to be on a pretty restrictive pitch count for at least the first half of the season, and longer if they don't need to lean on him.

• Like 1