[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Most overrated player?

BigTen

:D My point is that most "fans" vote that way.  I see that no matter what, you think CW is not overrated while I do.

863814[/snapback]

:D Fan vote only counts 1/3rd towards determining the rosters. And of those fans, a very liberal guess would be that 30-40% actually even follow the college game enough to care about a player's reputation coming out of college AND to use it as a barometer for their PB voting preference. I'd credit the average NFL fan with more savvy than that.

This is just an extremely lame argument.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D Fan vote only counts 1/3rd towards determining the rosters. And of those fans, a very liberal guess would be that 30-40% actually even follow the college game enough to care about a player's reputation coming out of college AND to use it as a barometer for their PB voting preference. I'd credit the average NFL fan with more savvy than that.

This is just an extremely lame argument.

864478[/snapback]

I know how Pro Bowl voting is done. And yes, just the fans do not get a guy in. Maybe it is because I am in Michigan, but I could not tell you how many times I hear some fan here say that CW is awsome and then refer to his Heisman and what he did in college. The guy was All everything coming out of UM and because of that he was supposed to be the best CB ever. Maybe I feel this way because of the expectations put on him by fans but I just feel the guy is nothing what I heard he would be. I still like Nate Clements and others better. Either way, that is my opinion and you are all entitled to my opinion :D

Edited by BigTen

In my opinion, there has never been a more over rated player in the NFL than Neon Deion Sanders. Did he have a nose for the football, absolutely! Was he a dynamic punt returner, you betcha.

I never in my life saw a player work harder to avoid contact. To consider him among the best ever...I just never got...not with Atlanta, San Fran, Dallas and certainly not Washington.

Oh yeah and for what its worth regarding Alexander...Over rated...too strong.

Resist urge to post re Brady  :D

I think you could flip a coin and be happy with either LT2 or Alexander.  In my local redraft I have had the pleasure of owning both.  But I won a title with LT2 and here is the key reason why.

LT2 can rush for 50 yards when SD stinks and still have 120 yds rec with 2 TD's.  Alexander can rush for 5 TD's and then not score for two weeks.  You absolutely will get top flight production out of him if you own him.  But he has wild swings during the course of a season.  That can be frustrating.  Me, I take LT.  I have the 4th pick in my draft and would of course be thrilled to land either.  Am hoping for Edge.  Love Priest, but probably cant make myself do it and would take Manning but after reading threads of wisdom here, it is clear that he isnt as good as Brady so I might as well wait to the 7th round for QB. :D

854251[/snapback]