[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Matt Jones

mphtrilogy

I've seen very little on this guy as a huge sleeper pick this year, but he has the feel of Randy Moss rookie season to me, I think by week 6, people will be kicking themselves for not drafting or grabbing this guy early.

He seems primed to be invovled in a lot of pass plays near the goal, either bombs or up for grabs tds. I think Leftwich is going to fall in love with him, and I think the coaches will have to find a way to get him on the field a ton.

I've seen very little on this guy as a huge sleeper pick this year, but he has the feel of Randy Moss rookie season to me, I think by week 6, people will be kicking themselves for not drafting or grabbing this guy early.

He seems primed to be invovled in a lot of pass plays near the goal, either bombs or up for grabs tds.  I think Leftwich is going to fall in love with him, and I think the coaches will have to find a way to get him on the field a ton.

975500[/snapback]

Where are you getting your info? He is a number 3 wr. Everything I have read points to a breakout season for Reggie Williams. All that has been said about Jones is he is behind in learning the NFL way and will see long pass plays when the Jags are desperate. He could be a sleeper....but so can anyone. If you have room stash him on your roster. But I would'nt want to be relying on him out of the gate.

Oh I know hes the #3 WR but I think his talent is off the charts.

Reggie Williams has been underwhelming to me, I just have a got feel that Matt Jones will be the main man there for Tds come midseason.

975840[/snapback]

Reggie Williams is an awful route runner. :D

Edited by Jumpin Johnies

Sure anyone can be a sleeper, but I think the pieces are in place for Matt Jones to have one of those crazy Rookie years. Jimmy Smith is declining, Reggie Williams is a borderline bust, they are opening up the passing game to exploit long passes, Jax burned a high pick on him, he has freaksih size and speed skills.

I can't see how the team will not want to put him in the Slot as much as possible, LB's or Safeties can't cover him. He will be open a lot, he can win jump balls and I just think Leftwich will be looking his way a lot.

The fact that he is a Raw Rookie can be hidden a bit in the Slot.

I just think he is going to be a special player and was just wondering if anyone esle thought he was going to have a Special Rookie Season, since I have seen very little "experts" banking on him as a rock solid sleeper.

Reggie Williams is an awful route runner. :D

975867[/snapback]

It's been mentioned that Reggie Williams needs to work on his route running, as do most young NFL recievers. Matt Jones needs to learn how to be a reciever period. Both these guys have great natural ability. If you are hoping for Randy Moss out of either one of them this year, I think you will be drastically dissapointed.

The guy hasn't played one meaningful game at the position. And you think that he is going to put up comparable numbers to the guy with nearly the best (if not the best) rookie numbers in the history of the league?

Other than not having experience at WR (not to mention not being one of the greatest WRs in collegiate history), and not having a potent offense, and not having a good QB and not being black, I'd say that Moss and Jones are pretty much identical.

I don't disagree with any of your comments.

I just have the feel, sure the one handed catch comes into play, you gotta go by something in preseason right?

But true sleepers are the ones where its no so obvious.

I think Leftwich has been looking for a go-2 guy, JSmith has been solid, but hes not been that guy, Reggie Williams for sure has not been that guy, I think it could be Jones.

We'll see if it pans out.

I am not banking on him for anything, he is buried on my bench,

I just think he reminds me of Moss with his skill set, despite all of those things working against him (position change et al).

I just think he has a Legit QB getting him the Ball, who wants to get the Ball to a playmaker, and I think he could be the playmaker.

Time will tell.

The guy hasn't played one meaningful game at the position.  And you think that he is going to put up comparable numbers to the guy with nearly the best (if not the best) rookie numbers in the history of the league?

976039[/snapback]

While I agree with you about Jones, I also note that the above could have been said last year about Antonio Gates and he had one of the best seasons ever by a TE, rookie or vet.

It's unlikely that Matt Jones 2005 = Antonio Gates 2004, but you just never know.

975500[/snapback]

I think they already after watching him play. I've had a couple of trade offers. A white randy Moss, I have heard that before, but he isn't an accomplished WR. He may become one though.

My draft the last 2 picks were Reggie Williams and Jones.