[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Bench Donald Driver?

yo mama

Must start 3 of these 4: Jimmy Smith, Donald Driver, Rod Smith, Eddie Kennison.

Jimmy Smith is a must-start due to his history of coming up big against the Colts, and last week's game being tight evidence that he's still a force.

The Broncos play the Chargers this week. Rod Smith went 5 receptions for 75 yards and 1 TD, then 4 for 76, in his two games against the Bolts last year. Seems solid.

The Chiefs are playing the Raiders. Eddie Kennison had 8 receptions for 149 yards and 1 TD, then 6 for 79, in his two games versus the Raiders last year.

Green Bay didn't play the Browns last year. And while Driver is now the #1 WR in Green Bay, it's hard to have any confidence in the Pack after Week 1. Even going against the Browns' suspect DEF.

Any thoughts?

Edited by yo mama

I have Driver and I'm not hesitating to start him. Favre's gonna have something to prove and Double D will benefit. I'm looking for 80/1.

So. . .

Donald Driver

Jimmy Smith (of course)

Rod Smith (much for the same reasons as Driver)

Until Javon got hurt Driver was a low 2nd tier/high 3rd receiver.

That hasn't changed. He is not as good as the other three you have.

But if you feel uneasy about it, then perhaps you should play with your gut instead of having everyone else tell you what to do.

It's your team and its just Fantasy Football.

I would sit Rod Smith if you don't want to sit Driver, Plummer has shown nothing yet this year.

Three opinions - all different. But on the plus side, at least I'm not missing any consensus best option.

Based on Kennison's history with the Raiders, I feel comfortable he'll be involved. Jimmy Smith is starting, of course. That just leaves Rod Smith and Driver.

I suppose Rod Smith is the sensible choice. He has a recent history of production against the Chargers that I'd be happy with. And the Chargers just allowed the likes of Drew Bledsoe to go 18 for 24 (75% completion percentage!), 226 yards, 3 TDs, 0 INTs. And Devners is at home, where they traditionally play tougher against the Chargers.

The more I think about it, Driver just seems needlessly risky this week, given my other alternatives.

Edited by yo mama

while driver is listed as a 2nd/3rd tier..... i saw him as a higher 2....

i see saw him as a 1b to walker... gb has fluctuated w/ their #1, and driver wasn't that far behind walker's #s last year..... so i personally have np with him being the #1 in gb. my only hesitation around him is their depth at the position.

if you were going to bench someone, i would bench r smith for driver... seems like you can definitely play a little wait and see with him though.