[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hockey's Back!

SeductiveNun

So me and a buddy go to the Wilds exhibition game last Saturday against Phoenix. Start out by getting into St. Paul around 3:30 and grab a table at the Eagle Street Bar & Grill for some food and a number of beers. Summit Pale Ale to be exact. :D Nice to see all the people out in St. Paul again, and you gotta love hockey in the warm weather months, just for the scenery that is presented by the female fans. ( :D ) ( :D )

The game starts at 7, we have pretty good seats on the lower level courtesy of my friend's fiancee who got the tickets from work, at no cost to either of us. As the game goes on, you can really see the advantage of eliminating the red line in the 2-line pass, the game moved up the ice much faster than in the past.

Now the :D part of the evening. Penalties called every couple of minutes. The Wild got hit with 5 in the first 12 minutes, and Phoenix with 1, mostly for the new obstruction rules. However, it is now a penalty to try to muscle a player out from camping in front of your goalie! :D When did this happen? What was called was a cross check, but the defenseman barely touched the Phoenix player. This is getting to be like calling the hand check in basketball. Nice job Bettman, you messed up another aspect of this game you know nothing about. End :D

The Wild's new tough guy, Nazarov, also mixed it up in what was considered to be a draw. :D

As for the shrinking of the goalie pads, it didn't seem to bother Rollie as he got the shutout as the Wild rolled to a 7-0 victory. 18,000 watching a preseason hockey game. :D

Man, I can hardly wait for the real season to begin. :D

So me and a buddy go to the Wilds exhibition game last Saturday against Phoenix.  Start out by getting into St. Paul around 3:30 and grab a table at the Eagle Street Bar & Grill for some food and a number of beers.  Summit Pale Ale to be exact.  :D  Nice to see all the people out in St. Paul again, and you gotta love hockey in the warm weather months, just for the scenery that is presented by the female fans.  ( :D ) ( :D )

The game starts at 7, we have pretty good seats on the lower level courtesy of my friend's fiancee who got the tickets from work, at no cost to either of us.  As the game goes on, you can really see the advantage of eliminating the red line in the 2-line pass, the game moved up the ice much faster than in the past. 

Now the  :D  part of the evening.  Penalties called every couple of minutes.  The Wild got hit with 5 in the first 12 minutes, and Phoenix with 1, mostly for the new obstruction rules.  However, it is now a penalty to try to muscle a player out from camping in front of your goalie!  :D  When did this happen?  What was called was a cross check, but the defenseman barely touched the Phoenix player.  This is getting to be like calling the hand check in basketball.  Nice job Bettman, you messed up another aspect of this game you know nothing about.  End  :D

The Wild's new tough guy, Nazarov, also mixed it up in what was considered to be a draw.  :D

As for the shrinking of the goalie pads, it didn't seem to bother Rollie as he got the shutout as the Wild rolled to a 7-0 victory.  18,000 watching a preseason hockey game.  :D

Man, I can hardly wait for the real season to begin.  :D

1003533[/snapback]

I'm ready for some hockey too. Hey, look at it this way: let the refs get USED to calling the penalties, then maybe teams will learn how to play hockey the right way, without all the hooking, grabbing, and goonery. The shrinking of the pads won't have any affect on the goaltenders, IMO.

I was glad hockey is back until I went to the Wings/Avs game last week. Nothing but penalties. Are they trying to lose the hockey faithfull? I am all for opening the game up some, but the new rules are getting old already. Hopefully, they will lighten up a little on the penaltirs when the season begins and PLEASE get rid of the shootout (too much like soccer).