[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Menudo's Quick Picks

Menudo

Give me your question, and I'll do my best to give you a good answer. I'll simply answer your question, and if you want details as to why, just ask............ Who Do I Start, Should I make this trade, Who should I pickup, Maryanne or Ginger, anything goes...................Fire away.

Note: Please put who your players are going up against, as it makes it much easier on me. Thanks.

My record is 2-3, I am facing the 1st placer diviosnal opponent this week coming up

My team consists of: in a standard scoring league

6 points for rec/rush td

1 point per every 10 yards rec/rush

3 points for passing TD

1 point per 20 yards passing

QB: Brady

Pennington

RB: Edge

Julius Jones

Reggie Bush

Duce Staley

WR: Chad Johnson

Terry Glenn

Reggie Brown

Bernard Berrian

Lavernues Coles

TE: Witten

Wiggins

K: Vanderjact

Giants kicker

def: Minn

NYG

I have had several trade offers and need help on weighing my options: I am leaning more towards option B, if I choose b I will give brady in the deal too

A) McGahee, Lee Evans, and Lamont Jordan for chad johnson and edge

B)Peyton Manning, Tatum Bell, Doug Gabriel for Johnson and edge

C) Corey Dillon and Steve Smith for JOhnson and edge

D) Drew Bress, Kevin jones, randy moss, ben watson for Johnson and edge

E) Eli Manning, chester taylor, and Braylon Edwards for johnson and Edge

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some WDIS's for you Menudo...sorry about the length, but I've got some issues this week

12 team league, PPR (also 1 point per completion), 20 yards per passing point, -1 point per sack taken, standard otherwise

I've got Eli and he's obviously been extremely productive for me with this league's QB-friendly format. He's ranked 8th overall, but when you factor in his bye, he'd likely be ahead of all but one guy (McNabb). However, he's got the tough ATL D this week. So, Eli and my WW options look like this:

Eli (@Atl)

Plummer (vs. Oak)

Losman (@ Det)

Harrington (@ NYJ)

Huard (@ Pit)

Plummer and Losman both have favorable matchups, but neither QB inspires much confidence in me. Harrington's really not even an option IMO. Huard's played great, but faces a solid Pittsburg D and I believe he could be w/o LJ this week. I'm overthinking this and should stick w/Eli, right? If not, my only real options to drop are Brad Johnson (who's a top 15 scorer in this league), Reggie Williams, and either KC or Seattle's D.

10 team league, NON-ppr/ppc, 50 passing yards per point, 20 yards per point for rushing and receiving, standard otherwise

I'm just gonna post my whole lineup, because bye are decimating me this week.

QB- Plummer

RB - R. Johnson, SJax

WR - J. Walker, Rod Smith, Roy Williams

TE - Heap

W/R - no one yet

K - Kaeding

D - Carolina

bench - D. Williams, (Wayne, Gabriel, Brad Johnson, C. Taylor, Favre, NE D all on byes)

1) I picked up Smith on waivers yesterday. Am I asking for trouble w/3 Denver offensive players? Again, a great matchup w/Oakland's D, but their O hasn't exactly lit up the scoreboard this year.

2) Depending on your answer to #1, I'll need either a W/R or a W/R and a WR. Some of the more attractive names on the WW include:

Moulds or Dayne (@ Dal)

McCardell or Parker (@ SF)

Randle El or Lloyd (vs. Ten)

Jenkings or Lelie or Norwood (vs. NYG)

Kennison (@ Pitt)

Henderson (vs. Phi)

Barlow (vs. Mia)

R. Davis (@ Ari)

Engram (@ Stl)

Baskett or Buckhalter (@ NO)

Price (@ Det)

Welker (@ NYJ)

And if you're not crazy about Plummer, the QBs that are available: Smith (SD), Huard (@Pit), Losman (@Det), McNair (Car), Gradowski (Cin), Harrington (@NYJ).

10 team league, PPR, .5 PPC, 10 yards per rush and receiving point, 30 per pass (and 3 pt bonus for 100, 150, and 300 yard games, respectively)

In this one, thanks to byes and Fitz's injury, I've got Evans as my only WR and still need another. I proposed a trade to one guy in my league, me giving up Shockey (I picked up Cooley off WW last night) in return for Reggie Brown, but the guy who I'm trying to trade with is notorious for taking forever to respond to trades (if at all), so I have to play this like I don't have Brown.

The WRs available include the guys on the list above, as well as Bryant (SD), and Br. Johnson (Chi). Oh yeah, Rod Smith too.

Also, I'll be sitting Edge in favor of Gore, McGahee, and K. Jones. Gotta sit him against the Chicago D, right?

Sorry for the essay, but as you can see I've got some dilemmas this week....

Bye week/Injury replacements needed at RB and WR for this week, and maybe into the future... So I've got a couple of questions for you.

1) Rank these FA options for this week and the rest of the year.

FA RB options are:

CBenson @ Arz

THenry @ Wash

LWashington vs Mia

FA WR options are:

Bryant Johnson vs Chi

Battle vs SD

Basket @ NO

Reggie Brown @ NO

Welker @ Jets

2) I obviously need at least a WR this week. So who would you drop to pick up any of the above FAs?

3) If I get one of the FA RBs, who is my second starter (Jacobs, White, or FA)?

Thanks for any help. Team and scoring info in sig.

Edited by BartenJS

Menudo

Requested input last week on a trade of Chad Johnson for Gates & Branch................I have Johnson along with Holt,Roy, T Williamson and Cothery. I turned the trade down per your advice.

Now he has offered Edge,Gates and Branch for Gore and CJ. Just alittle worried on Gore holding up. I have T Jones, Maroney, Benson, Turner and Gore. Thanks for your input. Enjoy it each week

12 team redraft, standard perf. scoring, no PPR

Roster is:

Bulger, Vick

T.Barber, F.Taylor, D.Rhodes, M.Morris, D.Williams

Fitz, Housh, G.Jennings, R.Brown, R.Smith

H.Miller

I give:

Rhodes

Barber

Vick

For

P.Manning

McGahee

R.Moss

I don't really need the QB help though Peyton is tough to turn down, Mcgahee possibly a slight upgrade over Tiki

Thoughts?

Give me your question, and I'll do my best to give you a good answer. I'll simply answer your question, and if you want details as to why, just ask............ Who Do I Start, Should I make this trade, Who should I pickup, Maryanne or Ginger, anything goes...................Fire away.

Note: Please put who your players are going up against, as it makes it much easier on me. Thanks.

Menudo,

Should I make this trade? Does it help my team. Weakens my WR's, but helps my RB's. Correct?

I trade Holt and Leon Washington for (1 of these RB's) Tatum Bell or Edge or Thomas Jones or Reggie Bush and TJ Houz.

Based on lineup, should I pull the trigger and what RB would you match up with Houz??

In week 7 I've got Jones and Gore on bye so I have to start Jones-Drew and Mike Bell, who didn't have a single carry on MNF. The Fitzgerald owner wants Jennings for either Tatum or Foster. So I'm thinking of dropping Mike and trading Jennings for Tatum. I'd rather trade Colston because I think that Jennings will end up with the better season since they will have to pass more.

My other options are

1. pick up Leon Washington and do not trade. Still leaves Jones-Drew as my backup in case of injury.

2. wait one more week to see if Tatum gets hurt or if Mike gets more carries. Risk here is I lose the chance to get Washington and there may not be anyone else out there next week. Also the owner may make a deal somewhere else.

My Team

QB – Bulger, Favre

RB – Gore, Thomas Jones, Jones-Drew, Mike Bell

WR – Harrison, Boldin, Colston, Jennings, Moulds

TE – Watson, Eric Johnson

K – Tynes

DEF – Steelers

His Team

QB – Hasselbeck, Pennington

RB – Rudi, Foster, McAllister, Tatum Bell

WR – Fitzgerald, TO, Muhammad, Branch, Williamson

TE – Desmond Clark

K – Longwell

DEF – Falcons, Patriots

Hey Steelhead...are you down on Tatum or think he will end up having a big year?

Menudo, two questions for you. I'm in a 10 man standard scoring league, no PPR, no keepers etc...

Must start 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR/TE, 1 K, 1 DEF.

Question one- Who do I start at RB this week and why? Please pick 2.

Westbrook vs NO

Tiki vs ATL

McGahee vs DET

Edge vs CHI

Question two- Hasselbeck is out on the trade bait wire and the guy is looking for RB help. Do I give up one of my 4 studs and go after Hasselbeck because of my QB situation. And if I do, which one? Westy and Edge are on bye week 9. Below is my roster.

QB: Bledsoe

RB: Tiki, Westy, Edge, McGahee

WR: TO, Wayne, Jennings, Evans, Keyshawn, Cothery

K: Kaeding

DEF: CHI, PHI

The other guy also has Palmer and Grossman at QB, T. Jones, Deuce, and F. Taylor at RB

Pick 2

Gore vs SD

T Bell vs OAK

T Jones @ARI

I like Bell's matchup the best. It's hard to sit Gore and Jones @ARI is good too. Not sure which 2 to go with.

My other starters are

Bulger vs SEA

Boldin vs CHI

Colston vs PHI

Moulds @DAL

EJ vs SD

Would you consider just trading the Ravens DST for his 5th straight up? This way, I keep Galloway and Cotchery and get a 5th rounder.

Or are you most concerned about losing the Ravens DST?

I like that deal much better.

My Present Team:

QB - Grossman, Carr

RB - R. Brown, L Jordan, L. Washington, L. White, C. Benson

WR - H Ward, A. Boldin, D. Driver, J. Horn, T. Williamson - Hines Ward is slipping pretty quickly, especially with his hamstring most likely to be a season-long problem. The rest of the WRs are still producing, though not as consistently as prior seasons. Therefore, I am thinking of dropping Hines Ward.

TE - Gates

K - Gould, Vandergajt

DEF - K.C, and San Diego

Now on to my choice of WRs:

Arnaz Battle - A. Bryant is still the go to guy, but Battle will draw single coverage, kind of like a tight end

Ronald Curry - did better than Alvis Whitted, the starter

Derek Hagan - a possible starter in place of Marty Booker, and a sleeper WR (rookie too; did well in college)

Brandon Jones - to take the place of Drew Bennett, who has both a quadriceps injury and ankle injury

Santonio Holmes, who is on the verge of replacing Cedrick Wilson in the starting lineup (C Wilson has not been consistent either, dropping too many passes).

Should I drop H. Ward and pick one of these WRs available?

Absolutely not !!! Do not drop Hines Ward for any of these players It would be a HUGH mistake.

Hey there Menudo-

Would you do this trade?

Bryant Johnson/I. Bruce/Rivers for Hasselbeck/Ward

I have been playing WWQBBC (that's waiver wire QBBBC). Rivers is my choice this week. Is Hass a long-term solution and am I losing too much depth at WR...or... am I better off going after someone like Bledsoe. Thanks!

(roster and scoring in my sig.)

Yes, I would do that trade. I think it is the perfect time to grab Hass & Ward. This would be a good move in my opinion.

Ward/Gore for R. Wayne/Lamont Jordan. Would you do it?

My RBs are Portis, Jordan and junk (M. Bell, B. Jacobs, N. Herron). They would be better with Gore.

My WRs are solid if not exciting (start 4): Wayne, Roy Williams, B. Berrian, B. Edwards, D. Mason.

I figure Ward platoons with Mason until he gets off the schnied and once Roethlisberger is back to his old self and throwing to Ward again, this trade is a good one. Thoughts?

Yes, I would make that deal.

Rough week for me not having Fitz, Alexander, Winslow, and Edwards...

WDIS

K. Curtis

A. Battle

Bryant Johnson

Bryant Johnson - They'll be behind and throwing.

Should I make this trade based on my team below or hold onto Holt. I am also 1st on waiver wire this week and picking up Bryant Johnson for the next few weeks. Also, he has Chad Johnson...I can ask for him instead of Darrell Jax to go along with Palmer?

Should I make this trade? Is it worth it?

What trade ?

Wich has the most fantasy value from now till seasons end:RB

Performance scoring:

Buckhalter

L.Washington

T.Henry

Also:WR

Welker

Curry

Parker

Battle

1. T. Henry

2. L. Washington

3. Buckhalter

1. Welker

2. Battle

3. Parker

4. Curry

I'm looking to unload Randy Moss and I'm wondering just what I should want in return. Would you trade Randy straight up for Joey Galloway? How about T.J. Housh? What's the lowest you should go, or would you just hold on to Moss?

It's a PPR league, start 3 WR's, and my other WR's are R. Wayne, D. Mason, and A. Bryant. Rest of team is : D. Mcnabb, LT, Chester, D. Foster, D. Brown, N Herron, M. Turner, B. Gradowksi, Kaeding, Pitt D.

Wow, if you could get someone to give you Housh, you should be all over it. I probably wouldn't trade him for Galloway right now though.. However, I think you'll find that it is not a great time to trade Moss right now.