[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

NBA Finals - Cavs vs Spurs

broncosn05

NBA Finals Predictions  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Game 1 and 2 @ Spurs

• Spurs Win 1 and 2
    • Cavs Win 1 and 2
    • Spurs Win 1 - Cavs Win 2
    • Cavs Win 1 - Spurs Win 2
  2. 2. Game 3 @ Cavs

• Spurs Win
    • Cavs Win
  3. 3. Game 4 @ Cavs

• Spurs Win
    • Cavs Win
    • Spurs win 4th
    • Cavs win 4th
  4. 4. Game 5 @ Cavs

• Spurs Win
    • Cavs Win
    • Spurs win 4th
    • Cavs win 4th
    • Spurs already won
    • Cavs already won
  5. 5. Game 6 @ Spurs

• Spurs Win
    • Cavs Win
    • Spurs Win 4th
    • Cavs Win 4th
    • Spurs already won
    • Cavs already won
  6. 6. Game 7 @ Spurs

• Spurs take it in 7
    • Cavs take it in 7
    • Spurs already won
    • Cavs already won

nothing personal against the Cadavers, but they are the worst team to make the finals in 30 years, and this is ruining the NBA. I have zero interest in the series, and I am a hoops junkie. The rest of the country has less than zero interest.

i saw a story that said the sopranos finale -- and, granted, it was the finale, but it's still on a premium cable channel -- beat game 2 in the nba finals in ratings. imagine if the finals were on during a time of year when everything else on tv isn't reruns.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Echoing Bill Simmons here, but the NBA is THE ONLY major sport that does not peak in the championship series. NFL, MLB all peak with the title matchups

Don't care too much for Darin's boy LA Bill Simmons.

Cowboys / 49ers early to mid 90's, Yanks Red Sox recently, Wings / Avalanche to a lesser extent and probably a few that I am missing.

Re-seeding isn't a new concept, just gets put to the front burner when one league dominates which still is only 2 out of 4 NBA Champs recently. Still out West it's only been the Lake Show and Spurs that have won Championships recently. The others are just pretenders at this point.

So. There we have it. 4-0. Only one question.....why weren't the Cavs fouling early in the last minute?

Wish I knew. Or why our shooters went cold from 3 for 2 straight games.

Congratulations to the Spurs, great season.

couldn't disagree more. Echoing Bill Simmons here, but the NBA is THE ONLY major sport that does not peak in the championship series. NFL, MLB all peak with the title matchups- the NBA has now for quite a few years had the conf finals be the peak of the season- I just don't think they can continue with it like that. This East West gap is not going to close soon. Cap space? ehh - maybe, but the reality is superstars in the NBA that make a team a title contender do not get traded- so I really do not see a shift happening in the next 3-5 years. Det? they are done, Chicago is the best young team in the East, Cleve is not really close to being a legit title contender when they are about the 10th best team in the NBA- it is a major problem IMO.

:D

You must have missed this year's NFL playoffs, and the 2004 MLB playoffs.

The AFC and the AL are both considered to be superior to the NFC and the NL respectively in their sports. Not saying that won't change this year...I dunno...but to say that the NBA is the only league with an imbalance is to just ignore what's going on in professional sports.

Can't comment on the NHL...because as much as I try to care about it, I can't seem to reach that goal.

nothing personal against the Cadavers, but they are the worst team to make the finals in 30 years, and this is ruining the NBA.

Cleveland's not just ruining their own teams, they're now ruining entire leagues :D what a tool you are. They got hot at the right time and beat the Pistons. I kinda remember a little team called the Steelers that got hot and ran the table and they didn't ruin a league. What a pathetic statement.

This kid is 22 and has millions. He's pretty low on my list of people to feel sorry for.

He's had games of 14 pts, 7 reb, 4 ast, and 25 pts, 7 reb, 6 ast. He's 13-37 (35%) from the field and 11-15 (73%) from the line. His game is off, for sure, but part of that has to be attributed to San Antonio running their entire defense at him (as expected). If that's an egg, it's a pretty golden egg.

And name the amount of the bet, if you really think he'll never be back to the finals. Put your $ where your mouth is.

2007 Finals

G1: San Antonio 85, Cleveland 76

G2: San Antonio 103, Cleveland 92

2006 Finals

G1: Dallas 90, Miami 80

G2: Dallas 99, Miami 85

Result: Miami wins 4-2

2005 Finals

G1: San Antonio 84, Detroit 69

G2: San Antonio 97, Detroit 76

Result: San Antonio wins 4-3

This is the 3rd consecutive year the Finals has started out with 2 wins by a large margin by the home team. The team that was down 2-0 won at least 3 games in each of those previous years. This series isn't over yet.

So much for all this sh*t. And Cleveland was swept when it mattered most vs the West.

Pathetic is a #1 seed getting sent home by a #8 seed. Or are you blaming that on the Commissioner also?

Cleveland outplayed San Antonio in most aspects of the game Tuesday, but their horrible shooting night from 3-point range led to the game coming down to the horrible non-call.

Again, Cleveland was 19-11 vs the west during the regular season. There's a saying about opinions, I'm sure most everyone knows it so I'll choose to not repeat it.

Swept, So much for going 0-2 in the reg season. :D

What an embarassment......

For who?

Me for thinking the series would be closer? Yeah I'm a little down. Shooting was horrible, Hughes injury was a factor, and the no-call at the end of game 3 really seemed to deflate the team's hopes.

For the Cavs? You (and everyone else) picked them to lose to Detroit. They went farther than anyone expected, and are still a very young team. James, Gibson, Gooden, Pavlovic, Varejao all under the age of 25.

Their first 2 games in the finals, away, against what many are calling the best team of the Spurs dynasty. Both games the Spurs got big leads, both games the Cavs made a run and had it within 5-8 points with a couple minutes to play. These were learning experiences.

The 2 home games, the Cavs played much better, never fell far behind, had leads scattered throughout, just couldn't find a single shooter to hit the open shot and get on a roll in either game.

Cleveland's not just ruining their own teams, they're now ruining entire leagues :D what a tool you are. They got hot at the right time and beat the Pistons. I kinda remember a little team called the Steelers that got hot and ran the table and they didn't ruin a league. What a pathetic statement.

pull yer panties outta yer crack quit being so sensitive. This is not personal, and not a shot at yer little town, the Cavs themselves aren't ruining the league- nice reading comprehension. They had a nice year, ya should be proud. toolboy.

The East/Weat discrepency is a major problem, and yes the Cadavers are the worst team to make the finals in decades.

:D

yea.....I highly doubt that many are calling this the best team. The '99 team was much better.

without Question the 99 team was better with Avery and David Robinson in there. They swept through the Lakers just like they swept through the Cavs. Problem is the Lakers were on the verge of 3 straight titles, and this Cavs team in on the verge of getting b*tch slapped in the east for yr to come. :D

pull yer panties outta yer crack quit being so sensitive. This is not personal, and not a shot at yer little town, the Cavs themselves aren't ruining the league- nice reading comprehension. They had a nice year, ya should be proud. toolboy.

The East/Weat discrepency is a major problem, and yes the Cadavers are the worst team to make the finals in decades.

thanks for the clarification, and for the classy reply to someone who apparently misunderstood yer post. Thanks.

without Question the 99 team was better with Avery and David Robinson in there. They swept through the Lakers just like they swept through the Cavs. Problem is the Lakers were on the verge of 3 straight titles, and this Cavs team in on the verge of getting b*tch slapped in the east for yr to come. :D

How many years?

You've got a gift for being insolent and half the time yer right but "for years to come"? I will take that bet

I'm a Nets fan for over 20 years, and I think the Nets team that got swept outta the finals by the Lakers a few years ago was pretty sorry. Kidd, Kenyon, Kittles, Van Horn and TODD MCCOLLUGH?? Everyone knew Van Horn had to go to make room for rookie Richard Jefferson. I'm not sure who would win if you put that Nets team up against this year's Cav's team.