Hat Trick

Rumor......Favre considering comeback

Dude, your "right to work" BS argument was already tired some time ago.

Um, if somebody wants to pay me $20 million to leave my industry, you can be assured that I won't be asking for anyone to cry for me.

GB is contractually obliged to do one thing, and one thing only. To pay him $11 million this year if he's on their roster. That is it. They're not required to start him and they're not required to trade him just because he wants to start somewhere else. That is it, plain and simple. If Favre agrees to accept a trade to somewhere GB is prepared to trade him, that's fine.

And you're such a wizard, when Favre reports, and makes the team, and stands on the sideline, and holds a clipboard, and wears a headset, and then Rodgers misses a wide open receiver, and takes a bad sack, and throws an INT, and God Forbid loses the opener at home, against the Vikings, on MNF and the GB season ticket holder takes their ticket stub with Brett Favre's picture on it home, and starts calling into sportstalk radio, and blogging on superfan Packer backer sites (rumor has it they care about football or something out there) and railing against the HC and GM who had one of the greatest (if not the greatest) players in franchise history on the bench, holding a clipboard, wearing a head set ; what does Head Coach detlef and his fornt office counterpart GM detlef do for week 2?

Right, everyone short of Indy and NE has contacted them and made legit offers yet, despite the fact that the media has been all over this story like stink on poop, somehow the only one we heard about was the Jets.

It is not unusual for teams to avoid trading players to division rivals. Hell, let's say GB has nixed all NFC teams. Well, that leaves 16 AFC teams, a few of which could use the services of a veteran QB. And the Jets were the only ones we heard of? Buffalo? KC? Miami? Balt? You don't think those guys wouldn't mind a veteran QB?

Dude... just let it go. Ignore the tool instead of quoting him. He has displayed a complete lack of class and reason. No need for anyone to ever engage him in conversation here again.

And you're such a wizard, when Favre reports, and makes the team, and stands on the sideline, and holds a clipboard, and wears a headset, and then Rodgers misses a wide open receiver, and takes a bad sack, and throws an INT, and God Forbid loses the opener at home, against the Vikings, on MNF and the GB season ticket holder takes their ticket stub with Brett Favre's picture on it home, and starts calling into sportstalk radio, and blogging on superfan Packer backer sites (rumor has it they care about football or something out there) and railing against the HC and GM who had one of the greatest (if not the greatest) players in franchise history on the bench, holding a clipboard, wearing a head set ; what does Head Coach detlef and his fornt office counterpart GM detlef do for week 2?

Hey, I'm not saying this doesn't get ugly, just responding to yet another "deprive a man the right to work" comment from you.

There's a mountain of problems surrounding this whole fiasco. It's just that one of them doesn't happen to be the fact that GB his evil for denying a man his god given right to do the job he chooses.

favre was a very good QB last year. it surprised me, because he sucked so bad the year or two prior and I sorta got the feeling he was just hanging on as an old suckass player for the records a la emmitt. but favre was good last year. ya know, when a guy throws for 4150 yards, 28 Tds against 15 picks, 66.5% completion and a passer rating above 95, you can't give ALL the credit to the GM :wacko:

meanwhile aaron rodgers has never started a game in the NFL.

I don't think anybody except bronco billy ever entertained a serious thought that glass man aaron rodgers is a better QB right now than favre. that is not the true reason behind anything. the packers brass just got sick of favre screwing around with them every offseason and decided they wanted to move on without him.

Dude... just let it go. Ignore the tool instead of quoting him. He has displayed a complete lack of class and reason. No need for anyone to ever engage him in conversation here again.

Sorry, I've actually been trying to do a better job of that. Let's just say I'm bad enough at "letting it go" that I'm bound to slip up.

Hey, I'm not saying this doesn't get ugly, just responding to yet another "deprive a man the right to work" comment from you.

There's a mountain of problems surrounding this whole fiasco. It's just that one of them doesn't happen to be the fact that GB his evil for denying a man his god given right to do the job he chooses.

You think the only one here with an ego is Favre? Consider that Rodgers was the first pick of Thompson's regime. He's been waiting to justify that pick for 3 years (the guy used his first pick to draft a potential replacement for Favre, a fact which I'm sure wasn't lost on Favre himself). If this gets ugly, one of or both of Thompson and McCarthy will be in jeopardy and they have a lot more to lose than Favre IMO. :wacko:

favre was a very good QB last year. it surprised me, because he sucked so bad the year or two prior and I sorta got the feeling he was just hanging on as an old suckass player for the records a la emmitt. but favre was good last year. ya know, when a guy throws for 4150 yards, 28 Tds against 15 picks, 66.5% completion and a passer rating above 95, you can't give ALL the credit to the GM :wacko:

Certainly not, but it would be difficult to imagine Favre putting up those numbers on the crap-tacular '05 Packers squad. TT putting Favre in a position where he's not down by two scores in the 4th quarter of every game certainly contributed to his efficiency.

Sorry, I've actually been trying to do a better job of that. Let's just say I'm bad enough at "letting it go" that I'm bound to slip up.

Ignore me completely you dope. I frequently post pretty useful or pertinent news links so ignore them completely dum dum :wacko: Forgive me for not posting my opinion on wines. You big fruitcake. :D:D:D

Edited by Big Ernie McCracken

Certainly not, but it would be difficult to imagine Favre putting up those numbers on the crap-tacular '05 Packers squad.

yes, but not as difficult as imagining that 2007 team going 13-3 and hosting the NFC championship with aaron rodgers taking the snaps.

You have chosen to ignore all posts from: Big Ernie McCracken.

· View this post

· Squeeze me a little harder Big Ernie McCracken

I think I'll manage.

If Favre has slipped and his skills are so diminished, why is Green Bay worried about him playing for a division rival :wacko:

:D

They aren't. They offered Favre up for trade to MIN on Friday.

Try to keep up, big guy.

yes, but not as difficult as imagining that 2007 team going 13-3 and hosting the NFC championship with aaron rodgers taking the snaps.

That team started out awful in '06 and got MUCH better towards the end of the year. They ripped off four straight in December, including embarrassing the Super Bowl-bound Bears at Soldier Field on New Year's Eve. At this time last year, I predicted that they'd make the playoffs (although I admittedly didn't foresee them missing the Super Bowl by a game).

Agreed that Favre stepped up his game last season, but it's A LOT easier to be an effective and efficient QB when your GM pieces together a functioning team around you. That team wasn't there in '05 or the first half of '06.

Edited by Bill Swerski

:wacko:

They aren't. They offered Favre up for trade to MIN on Friday.

Try to keep up, big guy.

Well now that they've been painted into a corner, it's their only option big guy. Typicall DD short on content; long on wind.

Well now that they've been painted into a corner, it's their only option big guy. Typicall DD short on content; long on wind.

Okay, explain to the class again how they've been painted into a corner. GB could simply let him come to practice, run plays with the third team, and then cut him when final roster cuts come, reducing his value to other teams significantly - or take the same action and wait for him to retire again and save themselves $20M when he tires of the nonsense.

Oh, that's right, I'm keep forgetting that you assert that he has a Constitutional right to start in the NFL....

So, the Packers have contacted the Vikings about a possible trade, but have the Packers given the Vikings permission yet to begin a dialogue with Favre? I haven't seen that detail mentioned yet one way or the other?

How do you think that phone call went?

GB: Uh yeah, so would you like to trade for Favre? He's available I guess. But we want alot for him.

MN: You got alot of nerve. First you make up some cockamamie story about us tampering with Favre, trying to get us in trouble with the league office. And now when you are stuck between a rock and hard place you come with your demands. If we are interested at all, it will be for a late 2nd day draft pick. Good day. :click:

That team started out awful in '06 and got MUCH better towards the end of the year. They ripped off four straight in December, including embarrassing the Super Bowl-bound Bears at Soldier Field on New Year's Eve. At this time last year, I predicted that they'd make the playoffs (although I admittedly didn't foresee them missing the Super Bowl by a game).

Easy there, Bill. Those SB bound Bears were sitting everyone except the towel boy in that game, though they certainly were showing signs of playing much better in the second half of the season - again, that coincides with young players "getting it" as the season moves forward.

How do you think that phone call went?

GB: Uh yeah, so would you like to trade for Favre? He's available I guess. But we want alot for him.

MN: You got alot of nerve. First you make up some cockamamie story about us tampering with Favre, trying to get us in trouble with the league office. And now when you are stuck between a rock and hard place you come with your demands. If we are interested at all, it will be for a late 2nd day draft pick. Good day. :click:

GB Post click: They ARE going to start Tarvaris Jackson. :wacko:

Okay, explain to the class again how they've been painted into a corner. GB could simply let him come to practice, run plays with the third team, and then cut him when final roster cuts come, reducing his value to other teams significantly - or take the same action and wait for him to retire again and save themselves $20M when he tires of the nonsense.

Oh, that's right, I'm keep forgetting that you assert that he has a Constitutional right to start in the NFL....

Exactly, cut him and get no value for his rights. Get ready for you phone to start ringing DD. I'm sure some NFL teams are looking for a GM with ideas like yours. :wacko::D

Exactly, cut him and get no value for his rights. Get ready for you phone to start ringing DD. I'm sure some NFL teams are looking for a GM with ideas like yours. :wacko::D

No value for his rights = saving $12M on salary this season for a 2nd string QB?

:D

Did I miss something, or is Big Ernie referring to BB as DD...? Billy, are you an exotic dancer or something? :D

It surprises me that he is back in camp...I mean, GB could have sent him to the Jets...an AFC team, not on their schedule this season, and gotten a 4th rounder for it and be done with this mess. Why invite him back to camp?

Did I miss something, or is Big Ernie referring to BB as DD...? Billy, are you an exotic dancer or something? :wacko:

It surprises me that he is back in camp...I mean, GB could have sent him to the Jets...an AFC team, not on their schedule this season, and gotten a 4th rounder for it and be done with this mess. Why invite him back to camp?

Didn't "I jus' wanna play some ball" Favre nix the trade?