[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rumor......Favre considering comeback

Hat Trick

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes, but not as difficult as imagining that 2007 team going 13-3 and hosting the NFC championship with aaron rodgers taking the snaps.

That team started out awful in '06 and got MUCH better towards the end of the year. They ripped off four straight in December, including embarrassing the Super Bowl-bound Bears at Soldier Field on New Year's Eve. At this time last year, I predicted that they'd make the playoffs (although I admittedly didn't foresee them missing the Super Bowl by a game).

Agreed that Favre stepped up his game last season, but it's A LOT easier to be an effective and efficient QB when your GM pieces together a functioning team around you. That team wasn't there in '05 or the first half of '06.

Edited by Bill Swerski

Well now that they've been painted into a corner, it's their only option big guy. Typicall DD short on content; long on wind.

Okay, explain to the class again how they've been painted into a corner. GB could simply let him come to practice, run plays with the third team, and then cut him when final roster cuts come, reducing his value to other teams significantly - or take the same action and wait for him to retire again and save themselves $20M when he tires of the nonsense.

Oh, that's right, I'm keep forgetting that you assert that he has a Constitutional right to start in the NFL....

So, the Packers have contacted the Vikings about a possible trade, but have the Packers given the Vikings permission yet to begin a dialogue with Favre? I haven't seen that detail mentioned yet one way or the other?

How do you think that phone call went?

GB: Uh yeah, so would you like to trade for Favre? He's available I guess. But we want alot for him.

MN: You got alot of nerve. First you make up some cockamamie story about us tampering with Favre, trying to get us in trouble with the league office. And now when you are stuck between a rock and hard place you come with your demands. If we are interested at all, it will be for a late 2nd day draft pick. Good day. :click:

That team started out awful in '06 and got MUCH better towards the end of the year. They ripped off four straight in December, including embarrassing the Super Bowl-bound Bears at Soldier Field on New Year's Eve. At this time last year, I predicted that they'd make the playoffs (although I admittedly didn't foresee them missing the Super Bowl by a game).

Easy there, Bill. Those SB bound Bears were sitting everyone except the towel boy in that game, though they certainly were showing signs of playing much better in the second half of the season - again, that coincides with young players "getting it" as the season moves forward.

How do you think that phone call went?

GB: Uh yeah, so would you like to trade for Favre? He's available I guess. But we want alot for him.

MN: You got alot of nerve. First you make up some cockamamie story about us tampering with Favre, trying to get us in trouble with the league office. And now when you are stuck between a rock and hard place you come with your demands. If we are interested at all, it will be for a late 2nd day draft pick. Good day. :click:

GB Post click: They ARE going to start Tarvaris Jackson. :wacko:

Okay, explain to the class again how they've been painted into a corner. GB could simply let him come to practice, run plays with the third team, and then cut him when final roster cuts come, reducing his value to other teams significantly - or take the same action and wait for him to retire again and save themselves $20M when he tires of the nonsense.

Oh, that's right, I'm keep forgetting that you assert that he has a Constitutional right to start in the NFL....

Exactly, cut him and get no value for his rights. Get ready for you phone to start ringing DD. I'm sure some NFL teams are looking for a GM with ideas like yours. :wacko::D

Exactly, cut him and get no value for his rights. Get ready for you phone to start ringing DD. I'm sure some NFL teams are looking for a GM with ideas like yours. :wacko::D

No value for his rights = saving $12M on salary this season for a 2nd string QB?

:D

Did I miss something, or is Big Ernie referring to BB as DD...? Billy, are you an exotic dancer or something? :D

It surprises me that he is back in camp...I mean, GB could have sent him to the Jets...an AFC team, not on their schedule this season, and gotten a 4th rounder for it and be done with this mess. Why invite him back to camp?

Did I miss something, or is Big Ernie referring to BB as DD...? Billy, are you an exotic dancer or something? :wacko:

It surprises me that he is back in camp...I mean, GB could have sent him to the Jets...an AFC team, not on their schedule this season, and gotten a 4th rounder for it and be done with this mess. Why invite him back to camp?

Didn't "I jus' wanna play some ball" Favre nix the trade?

Did I miss something, or is Big Ernie referring to BB as DD...? Billy, are you an exotic dancer or something? :wacko:

DD is short for dum dum, which is what BB is :D

Edited by Big Ernie McCracken

:D

They aren't. They offered Favre up for trade to MIN on Friday.

Try to keep up, big guy.

That must have been a great, friendly conversation. :wacko:

You got a first round pick for Brett? Oh and sorry about the tampering thing. Well try to keep our problems in house from now on.

Edited by MikesVikes

:wacko:

They aren't. They offered Favre up for trade to MIN on Friday.

Try to keep up, big guy.

BB We all know that they are trying too get way to much for him, especially if it's the Vikings. They are in between a rock and a hard place. If y think the Vikings are jut going to say..."Wow, really, we can have Favre for a first day draft pick, thank you Mr Cheesehead, we certainaly appreciate you calling us especially after you accused us of tampering. You guys are so great, we can't believe how nice you are!"

It is the sign of desperation that they are now calling the Vikings

Did I miss something, or is Big Ernie referring to BB as DD...? Billy, are you an exotic dancer or something? :D

DD stands for Dum Dum, keep up :wacko:

BB We all know that they are trying too get way to much for him, especially if it's the Vikings. They are in between a rock and a hard place. If y think the Vikings are jut going to say..."Wow, really, we can have Favre for a first day draft pick, thank you Mr Cheesehead, we certainaly appreciate you calling us especially after you accused us of tampering. You guys are so great, we can't believe how nice you are!"

It is the sign of desperation that they are now calling the Vikings

If MIN sees this as the final piece of the puzzle that wins them a SB, they'd be foolish not to consider it, all other things aside.

This is a business, and opportunity knocks only so many times. If any team knows that, it's a team like MIN.

Enough about that, I'm serving lamb tonight http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?show...p;#entry2525315

:D:D:D:smash::D:pokey::D:slap::guns::D

Dude,

I have no problem with you debating football with Detlef as you have some great points, but stop with this crap. You are just making yourself look like an A$$hat. :wacko:

That or take it to the Tailgate...

If MIN sees this as the final piece of the puzzle that wins them a SB, they'd be foolish not to consider it, all other things aside.

This is a business, and opportunity knocks only so many times. If any team knows that, it's a team like MIN.

True but after one year with Brett they are right back where they started and do they really need the drama that will be involved? I think Salvage stated it earlier... it's a no win situation as if we win the SB the Packer nation will remind us that it took a Packer to finally get us a win and if we don't it's a We told you he was past his prime!!

True but after one year with Brett they are right back where they started and do they really need the drama that will be involved? I think Salvage stated it earlier... it's a no win situation as if we win the SB the Packer nation will remind us that it took a Packer to finally get us a win and if we don't it's a We told you he was past his prime!!

I can't argue with that, other than having the ring allows one to ignore a whole lot of crap no matter who is saying it. Winning the SB would also allow MIN to crow about how they pulled one over on GB and snookered them into providing the piece that put them over the top.

Double D man boobs? :wacko: