[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Rumor......Favre considering comeback

Hat Trick

ESPN.com news services

August 5, 2008, 11:34 AM ET

Favre Unlikely To Practice Today

GREEN BAY, Wis. -- Packers quarterback Brett Favre was told not to report to training camp Tuesday until 3 p.m. ET, when the team is scheduled to practice, and is not likely to take part in that practice, sources told ESPN's Ed Werder.

That follows a five-hour meeting Monday between Favre and Packers coach Mike McCarthy, during which McCarthy told Favre he did not want him on the practice field unless he is satisfied with and committed to the team's new direction at quarterback -- namely, with Favre's former understudy Aaron Rogers as the starter, Werder reported.

link

• Replies 818
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:D Yeah Fleisher the liar that conned us into this war was pretty bad.

This is new-

Solution remains elusive for Favre, Packers

By Jay Glazer

Jay Glazer is a Senior NFL Writer for FOXSports.com on MSN and also appears every week on FOX NFL Sunday as the network's NFL Insider.

Updated: August 5, 2008, 2:55 AM EST

Brett Favre's Packers career appears exactly as it has over the last several months, at best in limbo, at worst over. After hours of meetings and few if any details emerging, it now seems less and less likely that Favre will be back on the playing field for the Packers, FOXSports.com has learned.

The two sides are expected to meet again in the morning as they try to work toward a solution palatable to both sides. However, one detail FOXSports.com gathered from the meeting was Favre's insistence that he did not want his presence to destroy the team's chemistry. In fact, Favre was adamant that he wanted to do what was in the best interest of the locker room and admitted this distraction was not what his teammates needed.

Another agreement from the meeting was that, despite reports to the contrary, there would not be an open quarterback competition as even Favre felt this would not be in the best interests of the locker room. Thus, Aaron Rodgers is the team's starting quarterback.

As Favre met with head coach Mike McCarthy and GM Ted Thompson late Monday, the sides were moving toward an agreement to end this circus, but uncertainty remained about what that agreement ultimately will be.

Favre and the team continued to hold the same viewpoints they've held for weeks but rather than continuing their stalemate, they have joined in pursuit of a mutually agreeable solution. Whether that solution will entail a trade, a release or another option was not determined in the meeting.

Favre, however, stood to his long-standing desire to stay within the division. But the Packers were still hoping to find another option.

Favre now has to truly decide if he wants to play football for one of the two teams that have shown interest — the Jets and the Bucs — or continue to push for a solution that does not appear to be viable to the Packers.

The two sides aired grievances and actually had amicable talks. In fact, McCarthy and Favre met for so long the coach was unable to attend his scheduled team meeting and chose to cancel his press conference rather than address the media before having an opportunity to meet with his players.

Thompson and Favre then met at about 11 p.m. local time as the two tried to come to determine what their next step would be.

While they did not find an answer to a situation that has become stressful to all involved, at least all parties now appear to agree that this situation must soon come to a workable conclusion.

Read this article at:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/8413898...-Favre,-Packers

I repeat, if Favre is not looked at as a viable option for an NFL roster spot, why do they care where he goes. What the GB brain trust needs to do is find a trade partner Favre is happy with or release him. This is about to become a public relations nightmare. :wacko:

That would be outstanding! However, as has been noted, completely against the law. If I've learned one thing from this thread, it's that anyone who is not prepared to make Brett Favre their starting QB is doing so in violation of the constitution.

:Lee Greenwood: :wacko: :Lee Greenwood:

That would be outstanding! However, as has been noted, completely against the law. If I've learned one thing from this thread, it's that anyone who is not prepared to make Brett Favre their starting QB is doing so in violation of the constitution.

Enough about that, if I'm serving cornish game hens... http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?show...p;#entry2525315

You're a real dandy! I bet you wear driving gloves http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?show...p;#entry2525315

:wacko::D:D:D:D:D:D:smash::pokey::slap::guns::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

You're a real dandy! I bet you wear driving gloves http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?show...p;#entry2525315

:wacko::D:D:D:D:D:D:smash::pokey::slap::guns::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

The best f'n chefs in the world are male, and I bet they make a hell of a lot more jack than you, pal.

Besides, I don't quite understand why you'd deride someone so badly when they (among many others) are handing your head to you in this discussion/debate. I would think you'd be utterly humiliated getting your intellectual arse kicked by someone you consider to be an oven-mitt wearing Nancy.

Use your head. Everyone knows he'll never accept being a back up. There's no ned to post it.

Use your head. If GB doesn't want him start for them, fine. GB also doesn't want him standing on the sideline holding a clipboard either (they've basically reiterated to him they don't want him in camp). Allowing him into camp and putting him on the roster was their only option (once a large bribe failed) that doesn't have Favre landing on a team he's happy with (via trade or release) other than GB. Is everyone in this forum management?Does anyone in hear belong to a labor union? This is absurd. Why stop a man who wants to seek employment? :wacko:

The best f'n chefs in the world are male, and I bet they make a hell of a lot more jack than you, pal.

Besides, I don't quite understand why you'd deride someone so badly when they (among many others) are handing your head to you in this discussion/debate. I would think you'd be utterly humiliated getting your intellectual arse kicked by someone you consider to be an oven-mitt wearing Nancy.

Because of course you know what my income level is DD. And I'm trying to see where you are kicking my arse. Basically everything I've said was going to happen has so far. When I've asked you for an appropriate counterpoint, you vanish for a few hours and pop back on, and drop your standard dribble. You are a goofy dude :wacko::D

What, is detlef decorating your solarium? http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?show...p;#entry2525315

:D:wacko::smash::D:pokey::D:slap::D:guns::D:rofl::D:rofl:

Edited by Big Ernie McCracken

I guess I'm a newbie.

You're not a newbie tool, you only play one on this board. Having others misunderstand is perfectly reasonable. Hell, you still may win in a landslide just because you've got the tool part nailed down so well it may overwhelm the lack of qualification as a noob.

You're not a newbie tool, you only play one on this board. Having others misunderstand is perfectly reasonable. Hell, you still may win in a landslide just because you've got the tool part nailed down so well it may overwhelm the lack of qualification as a noob.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :wacko:

1650 posts in 7 years, I'm now realizing those must have all been some terrible posts. You know UT? You just joined him pal. Don't even bother responding cause nobody cares W_T_F you think or say about me or anyone else on here.

You have chosen to ignore all posts from: Big Ernie McCracken.

· View this post

· Squeeze me a little harder Big Ernie McCracken

Edited by Hat Trick

1650 posts in 7 years, I'm now realizing those must have all been some terrible posts. You know UT? You just joined him pal. Don't even bother responding cause nobody cares W_T_F you think or say about me or anyone else on here.

You have chosen to ignore all posts from: Big Ernie McCracken.

· View this post

· Squeeze me a little harder Big Ernie McCracken

Congrats on all your "welcome the new member posts" you are a d-bag :wacko:http://forums.thehuddle.com/index.php?show...p;#entry2545132

Although I am thoroughly enjoying this one :D