[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

OSU vs USC

sacosud

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VERY VERY questionable holding call takes 7 off the board.

PAC 10 refs are GREAT ! !

Brent and Kirk both agree, not a good call

yer right, there's no better college program than the Buckeyes. OVER RATED!

Few Points....

1. USC is AWESOME! Best team in the country, and it's not even close.

2. Mark May said it best during halftime of Oklahoma-Washington... Ohio State isn't gonna beat USC playing Tress-ball. OPEN THE PLAYBOOK up man. They march down USC's throat early, then get into the red zone and become typical predictable Ohio State.

3. Terrell Pryor should be the QB from here on out. Sorry Boeckman, but you suck. From the Illinois game on last year you were beyond bad. Pryor I think is showing he has good poise and the only weapon that even remotely threatens the USC defense.

I can honestly give a shat about either of these teams (or college football altogether for that matter) but OSU is getting owned.

Owned ?

Bucks have more passing yards

Bucks have more rushing yards

Bucks have more total yards

Owned?

You mean punked.

Bucks penalties and TO's are the difference here. Not the play on the field. Pac 10 officials are questionable to say the least and there is no denying that fact. Give us back our 7 points we EARNED and this game is within reach.

USC isn't showing me anything , other then getting help where we or the refs give it to them

Not much to say except USC winning at the point of attack. I'm not a fan of that holding call, but when your qb throws the ball right at linebacker for 7 and you have to give Carrol credit for making some quick adjustments. Mcknight getting 12 to 13 yards a carry hurts as well.

The offense really has not been that bad at moving the ball down the field, however the defense has not been stellar and we are killing ourselves with stupid prcedure penalties and holding. We should see a full spread with Pryor getting a lot more time.

-2 on turnovers also will kill any team, the only plus right now is stopping them on that last drive.

Edited by sacosud

I thought the holding calls were legit. Early whistle on the fumble when the ref thought USC had it. All of that said, when you march down the field, get to the red zone, and then make it PAINFULLY obvious to all 90000 people and millions watching on tv that you are more than happy with taking a fg... you deserve to lose. So predictable.

I'm more impressed with the USC offense than their defense at this point, however both are very impressive. USC really is not having to ask Sanchez to do alot and if OSU is going to get back in this game they must get tougher on the run and those little pass plays to make Sanchez more apart of their offense and hope for some USC mistakes.

Does not look good at this point.

Go Bucks!!!

Not much to say except USC winning at the point of attack. I'm not a fan of that holding call, but when your qb throws the ball right at linebacker for 7 and you have to give Carrol credit for making some quick adjustments. Mcknight getting 12 to 13 yards a carry hurts as well.

The offense really has not been that bad at moving the ball down the field, however the defense has not been stellar and we are killing ourselves with stupid prcedure penalties and holding. We should see a full spread with Pryor getting a lot more time.

-2 on turnovers also will kill any team, the only plus right now is stopping them on that last drive.

well said - gotta give you, loaf and Brian props for being objective here. The holding was close, but hey, they make that call that immediately - so the TD has nothing to do with it, and it looked like a hold to me.

can still be a homer, and give out credit where it is due- unlike that wack-o TOS, he is either sh1t-faced, plain stupid or crazy- or all of the above-

the refs have nothing to do with the pick 6 ,and MckNight getting =10 yards/carry AND GETTING BLOWN OUT

Edited by wildcat2334

Few Points....

1. USC is AWESOME! Best team in the country, and it's not even close.

2. Mark May said it best during halftime of Oklahoma-Washington... Ohio State isn't gonna beat USC playing Tress-ball. OPEN THE PLAYBOOK up man. They march down USC's throat early, then get into the red zone and become typical predictable Ohio State.

3. Terrell Pryor should be the QB from here on out. Sorry Boeckman, but you suck. From the Illinois game on last year you were beyond bad. Pryor I think is showing he has good poise and the only weapon that even remotely threatens the USC defense.

Make up yer mind GW. Is USC awesome or is Ohio St conservative and predictable?

I'll answer that for you. No and yes.

Truth is Ohio St is once again overrated and so is USC. OSU being ranked so high after being spanked by real teams in the last two NC games is simply a joke which in turn makes this win by USC not impressive at all. As for USC getting mad props and jumping teams to the number one spot because they travelled all the way across the country to punk Virginia... UConn just beat the Cavaliers 45-10.

I'm not impressed.

This is worse... WAY worse. That LSU team couldn't hold a candle to this USC team. This is the best team I've seen play since the 05' Trojans and 05' Longhorns.

They're gonna be tough for someone to beat. Oklahoma looks pretty good also.

This is worse... WAY worse. That LSU team couldn't hold a candle to this USC team. This is the best team I've seen play since the 05' Trojans and 05' Longhorns.

werd- this team is good. Best Defense USC has had IMO - they dominate the line of scrimmage and the LB make plays all over the field.

Sanchez is only going to get better- he already looks great and has better tools than Leinart ever had

and the stable of RB's is flat out ridiculous-

this team dominates OSU any day of the week and twice on Saturdays

My answer is yes and yes. Because ultimately, USC would still whoop on this Ohio State team and I predicted so long before Beanie was out. USC is simply the best team in the country. My 2nd two points were things I feel Ohio State will need to correct going forward beyond this game, because the truth is, Todd Boeckman has sucked since the Illinois game last year. This isn't a surprise to anyone. It shouldn't be to anyone who pays attention. You don't have to be impressed. You can be impressed with Georgia putting up a monsterous 14 points on an unranked and crappy South Carolina team, or Auburn mustering up 3 points on Mississippi State. I'm not.

You can be impressed with Georgia putting up a monsterous 14 points on an unranked and crappy South Carolina team, or Auburn mustering up 3 points on Mississippi State. I'm not.

Ahh, it's finally out there. You see, I'm not really all that impressed with any of these teams. The days of the overwhelming college football power are over yet we still pre-season rank them and annoint champions based on a group of writer's opinions. And yes the writers have everything to do with it. Because if you're highly ranked early all you have to do is win most of your games to get a one shot deal at a mythical championship. Like I mentioned earlier, OSU did nothing to deserve being ranked in the top 5 but has certainly shown even before tonight that they shouldn't be and the writers annointed USC the early crown based on a win over a team that barely beat Richmond and got completely manhnadled by UConn for Pete's sake.

Oh yeah, and when exactly was it that I mentioned my being impressed with either Georgia or Auburn.

Well if you're not impressed with any of these teams, then what is the point of pointing out that you are specifically not impressed with USC? I do agree that preseason rankings are total crap, but I can say with great confidence that this is the most impressive win by anyone thus far this year, and I can do that without seeing the Number 5 by Ohio States name.

well said - gotta give you, loaf and Brian props for being objective here. The holding was close, but hey, they make that call that immediately - so the TD has nothing to do with it, and it looked like a hold to me.

can still be a homer, and give out credit where it is due- unlike that wack-o TOS, he is either sh1t-faced, plain stupid or crazy- or all of the above-

the refs have nothing to do with the pick 6 ,and MckNight getting =10 yards/carry AND GETTING BLOWN OUT

There is no doubt about the game. That's very sad for me to say and painful, however we are seeing total domination in every aspect of the game.

I just hope OSU can recover it's mindset for the season and remember there is a lot left to play for in the Big Ten and beyond. OSU will have a very tough time recovering mentally.

Well if you're not impressed with any of these teams, then what is the point of pointing out that you are specifically not impressed with USC? Because the topic of conversation was revolving around how impressive USC is. Are you paying attention at all? You even said it yourself. I do agree that preseason rankings are total crap, but I can say with great confidence that this is the most impressive win by anyone thus far this year, and I can do that without seeing the Number 5 by Ohio States name.

As for "the Number 5 by Ohio State's name"

"That was pathetic. It was a pathetic performance," Buckeyes wide receiver Brian Hartline said after the Buckeyes rallied in the fourth quarter for 26-14 win over plucky Ohio, a 33 1/2-point underdog. "OU should've won the game. I don't know how we came out with it."

"Lightly regarded even in its own the Mid-American Conference, Ohio put a huge scare into the Buckeyes..."

Oh, and let's not fail to mention that Ohio U turned the ball over 5 times.

Would we be impressed by USC beating them by 5 TDs? Absoluetely not!!! Well, maybe... if they "travelled all the way across the country" to do it.