[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

HUDDLERS' 2009 NFL MOCK DRAFT!

irish

You always bring up this reach stuff. Many of these players are close in talent and waiting for them to be there 32 picks later is a reach in my opinion.

Greg Jennings was a reach too and Chad Jackson wasn't. Teams take players they like and if they have to take them a tad early so what.

That is a great point and also why I say IMO it is a reach and also say that doing mocks and even the real deal is so much fun because all the varying opinions are what make the events intriguing and enjoyable. I remember the Bills taking players in past NFL drafts and everyone including myself thinking WOW that was a reach, but they did it because they liked the player and what he brings to the table. And really, where do I get my formed opinions? From what I read about (which is quite a bit), what others report and from the limited game film I've seen.

Edited by irish

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to clarify, there are other S's with more a more impressive pedigree than Derek but none of them possess the speed, ball hawking skills and toughness he does. And its not even close.

And when your projected to be a 2nd round pick, getting him here is fantastic value. Just say'en :wacko:

Edited by tazinib1

Just to clarify, there are other S's with more a more impressive pedigree than Derek but none of them possess the speed, ball hawking skills and toughness he does. And its not even close.

And when your projected to be a 2nd round pick, getting him here is fantastic value. Just say'en :D

Damn Straight!! Let me have it you frigin' reacher! :wacko:

ETA: Not to be confused with reach arounder.

Edited by irish

Randall is currently on the clock selecting for the Bucs.

Policyvote is currently n the clock selecting for the Lions in the 3rd round.

No love for David Bruton at Safety?

I have him as a 4th-5th round safety and there are about a handful or more still on the board that I like better.

I bet you like that tweener. Yep I know you do!!

I love me some tweeners! :wacko:

Policy's probably getting Final Four tickets. :wacko:

:D

Those last 2 DTs taken are good value there. They've both been rated as high as late 1st rounders (although I think most have them in the 2d or maybe 3d).

I agree. I liked both picks of Marks and Moala.

ARRRRRRRGH

Having both Marks and Moala fall this far and then both go in the three picks before me was really infuriating. I decided to go with Brandon Tate, who'll compete right away for the slot reciever spot, and also has outstanding explosion and return skills.

Peace

policy

Wolverines Fan is on the clock selecting for the Bears here in the 3rd round.

I was wondering when Brandon Tate was going to go. Should've figured it would happen with the Lions on the clock. :wacko: Good pick!

Edited by irish

Word out of Green Bay is they like 2 CB's 1 LB and 1 NT still on the board. I decided to take Mickens here hoping that LB is still there later.

Later when? In the 4th round? You going ahead with another round? :wacko:

Edited by irish

Swammi and Fitz are on the clock selecting for the Eagles.

ARRRRRRRGH

Having both Marks and Moala fall this far and then both go in the three picks before me was really infuriating. I decided to go with Brandon Tate, who'll compete right away for the slot reciever spot, and also has outstanding explosion and return skills.

Peace

policy

That is one hell of a fall back plan. I was hoping I could snag him in three picks, but you got me. I really like this guy a lot, he is one of those guys that you cant figure out why you dont hear much about around draft time, but can flat out play.

The Mickens pick is a good one too. That is a terrific player you snagged this late.

That is one hell of a fall back plan. I was hoping I could snag him in three picks, but you got me. I really like this guy a lot, he is one of those guys that you cant figure out why you dont hear much about around draft time, but can flat out play.

The Mickens pick is a good one too. That is a terrific player you snagged this late.

Mickens is a player on Green Bay's watch list early in the 3rd round and couldn't pass on him there.