[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

HUDDLERS' 2009 NFL MOCK DRAFT!

irish

With their second pick in the second round the Cleveland Browns select Brian Robiskie WR The Ohio State University

I'm not an Ohio State fan but I do like Robiskie. He looked quick and athletic at the combine.

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live in Columbus and therefore I am force fed Buckeye mania. Robiskie is a decent player and with all the problems we are having, a body that we could use. However, he wont ever be anything in the pros. He simply can not seperate from anyone, not even big ten Corners.

He's 6'3 with decent speed and quickness. I'm not sure he needs separation as much as shorter receivers. He isn't a top prospect but I like tall receivers.

I'm not an Ohio State fan but I do like Robiskie. He looked quick and athletic at the combine.

I agree. The combine isn't everything but he did look good and for whatever reason, I have a good feel about him.

I like the guy and he is a very good person. His size is a plus, but I have watched every game and a lot of the problems the Buckeyes had offensively were from the WR not being able to seperate and get open. Seriously, watch any game they played against equal talent and they couldnt get open to save their lives. Dont get me wrong I am not knocking the pick, just a Browns homer and I have probably seen more of this guy than anyone here. And for the record the site where the pro day is held(Woody Hayes) is notorious for being a very fast track, its rare that a Buckeye hurts himself on pro day.

I like the guy and he is a very good person. His size is a plus, but I have watched every game and a lot of the problems the Buckeyes had offensively were from the WR not being able to seperate and get open. Seriously, watch any game they played against equal talent and they couldnt get open to save their lives. Dont get me wrong I am not knocking the pick, just a Browns homer and I have probably seen more of this guy than anyone here. And for the record the site where the pro day is held(Woody Hayes) is notorious for being a very fast track, its rare that a Buckeye hurts himself on pro day.

Fast track I know. I was just going by what i saw at the combine. As for the Browns will Rucker take over for Winslow? Do they need another TE?

Nice info. We'll see what happens but if he was having troubles separating in college that'll only get worse in the pros.

I really liked what I saw of Rucker in the preseason and in the little time he got this year. Luckily my girl taped every game because I would rewind about every play he was in(Kellen Winslow Hater #1) hoping he would be the answer to replacing Winslow. I like Heiden and Rucker, but if a TE fell I would love to see them grab another one as the short passing game is going to be our bread and butter with Lewis getting old and it fits Quinns strengths.

Robiskie-That was my point about him having even more trouble at the next level. I hope it works out for him as he is a first rate guy and works very hard, I just dont see it happening.

I really liked what I saw of Rucker in the preseason and in the little time he got this year. Luckily my girl taped every game because I would rewind about every play he was in(Kellen Winslow Hater #1) hoping he would be the answer to replacing Winslow. I like Heiden and Rucker, but if a TE fell I would love to see them grab another one as the short passing game is going to be our bread and butter with Lewis getting old and it fits Quinns strengths.

Robiskie-That was my point about him having even more trouble at the next level. I hope it works out for him as he is a first rate guy and works very hard, I just dont see it happening.

I think this is a good year for TE's, even as later picks. I think there are 7 that could be good pass receivers. Pettigrew is the best blocker and all around player but there several good receiving TE's.

So.....are we going into round 3?

:wacko:

That is the plan.

Edited by Randall

So.....are we going into round 3?

:wacko:

I would like to get into a 3rd round considering we've gone through this pretty quickly.

Apologies to everyone as life took over tonight. I had Bingo night at school but I'm home now and am looking to meet up with Cowboyz1, Scoob, CowboysDiehard and Club in the chatroom to discuss the Cowboy pick. Then I'll be making the Jets' pick. I'll be putting the 3rd round together after moving through the 2nd.

3rd round added. We'll see how it goes. I just carried everyone over who drafted for teams in the previous round/s.

Are the Cowboys ever going to pick? Then you can pick for the Jets.

Waiting to hear back from my selection-mates. Otherwise, we're ready to go. Going to get my kids' pics taken for Easter.

Really sorry guys.

As for the Cowboys' selection, I spoke with most of the Huddlers listed as making the pick (Club never chimed in) and we were all in agreement about the areas that needed to be adressed. We were discussing which area we should take with this pick and where we went from here. Several of my compadres felt it best that we go with a safety since that was a position that hadn't been touched in the draft yet and that obviously the best safeties still remained on the board. Several names were being tossed around and Delmas was one of them.

So with our selection we took, Louis Delmas from Western Michigan. He is probably the best combo safety in the draft in that he plays both the run and pass very well. He was a four year starter and even got in some time at CB. He's very agressive and as I mentioned before, will make for a very solid centerfielder as well as a tough defender in the box. He possesses the ability to step right into the lineup from day 1. He's well respected by teammates and was a two-time captain/vocal leader. He's been described as playing with controlled violence which reminded me of how guys like Troy Polamalu play. If he can be anything like that, that would be awesome for the Cowboys! My only concerns are his ability to stay healthy and the fact that he hasn't faced top-notch competition.

I feel that the Jets will select a WR early on in the draft to find a replacement for Coles. Sure they have Stuckey, Brad Smith and Clowney but they could use an upgrade to go with Cotchery. Selecting Derrick Williams fits that role as he is similar to Coles' size and he'll try to fill Coles' shoes with maybe even more upside. Williams does a great job of working the middle of the field and is fearless/unfazed by traffic. He feels out zones well and is always working to get open. Always gives full effort, laying out if necessary to make a grab. He also contributes in several other facets other than receiver, such as; a runner, returner and even at times a passer on gadget plays. He'll be very effective just as Coles had been for the Jets on short passing plays and bubble screens. He also has the long speed to take it to the house from time to time. Has lined up as a flanker and split-end and will more than likely be most effective out of the slot and overall as a versatile player taking handoffs and returning kicks.

Some concerns are- drops catchable balls too often, he needs to learn how to run better routes and that'll make him more effective as a WR versus usually making the big plays on returns and out of the backfield.

Fitz and Swammi are up for the Eagles with the 21st pick in the 2nd round.

Hey Cowboy's fans. I think the Delmas pick was solid and now in round three we should be able to get another solid defensive player on the D line or more Secondary depth. There is also a Tackle I am looking at and if he falls we shoudl nab him. I will wait till our pick to let you all know who. I cam concerned about Adams knees and I am still on the fence about Mcquistan and Free developing into a domiinate player for us.