[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Conference Finals Predictions/Discussion

Hugh 0ne

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right, Fraz, Primeau's been outstanding! That physical play was the Flyers' advantage. I always saw the tremendous potential in Primeau when he played for the Wings in the mid-90s, but he never hit his stride. Nice to see him finally there.

You gotta love the bad blood in that series! Clarke cracked me up when he referred to Tortorella as "Tortellini". lol lol

Down Goes Frazia:

....... BTW, HUGH game tonight in Tampa...... would love to see the Flyers steal one here.

and what about Primeau ? shrug    Best player so far in the playoffs IMHO. thumbs_u 

I'll be there (in the last f'n row in the arena) cheering on the flyers.

xMRogers:

Down Goes Frazia:

....... BTW, HUGH game tonight in Tampa...... would love to see the Flyers steal one here.

and what about Primeau ?    shrug  Best player so far in the playoffs IMHO.    thumbs_u

I'll be there (in the last f'n row in the arena) cheering on the flyers. launch an octupus on the ice when Primeau get his hat trick tonight....... I'll know it's you. wink

Down Goes Frazia:

launch an octupus on the ice when Primeau get his hat trick tonight....... I'll know it's you. wink 

Well, not quite. Between the Beagles and Flyers, Philly may never see another championship.

Khabibulin was great down the stretch. I don't think the Flyers have enough in the tank to win 2 straight, but we'll see.

FWIW, I'm not an Esche fan, and thought the Flyers would be out of the playofs already because of him, but tonight was in no way, shape or form Esche's fault. He played solid, and not one of the goals he gave up was a bad one IMO.

One more thing. The Flyers are 1-23 on the power play this series. Ouch, that'll leave a mark. They need to turn that around or this series is over.

Just padding my post count. I'm done for now. cool_thu

The Flyers/Tampa series has been so darn inconsistent it's very hard to predict how it's going to turn out with 2 games left. Obviously Tampa now has a big edge, but the Flyers have been playing well. If the Flyers can win game 6 in their own building, I think they have a good chance of taking game 7. That said I still go with my original (thinking-with-my-head) prediction of the Lightning in 7. frown

just so Cyclones don't beat me to it..... I'll be the first to give Calgary their props. :P :D

they take down Vancouver, Detroit & San Jose to advance..... pretty impressive. If you saw the end of the game then you saw Darryl Sutter congratulating each & every one of the Sharks as they left the ice. Classy move...... of course he did coach them for 14 years. thinking

Of course I'm most happy for the pride of Potsdam, NY....Craig Conroy..... their best centerman and of course an American. wink flag

Man, Calgary just keeps winning - everyone discounts them each round, and then they just win (pretty convincingly over San Jose really).

I was at the Lightning-Flyers game 5 - a great game. Flyers just didn't capitalize on a lot of good opportunities - twice I jumped up cause it was an easy goal and the puck was just missed.

I think they'll continue that play, but do a better job of holding the fort when the Lightning is on a roll, and win in Game 6.

Game 7 is a toss up right now - and I'll be at the PHillies game it turns out...

Not to jump the gun too much, but who are the frontrunners for the Conn Smythe?

I'm thinking:

Calgary - Kipper, Iginla

TB - Richards, Khabibulin

Phi - Primeau

Obviously the finals will matter a ton, but you guys got any thoughts on who else should be on the short list? Conroy's been tough for the Flames as well.

I'd say the goaltenders on all three are up there - if any throw a few blanks int he finals, especially Khabibulan, have to get it.

For Philly, Primeau has really stepped up as the playoffs go on - and no one else has really been that consistent.

St. Louis was awesome in the first series, Lecavalier in the second, Richards in this one - but got to give it to Haby unless they were to win the finals in all 5-4 games.

Calgary, I like Conroy really - Kipper's been really good, but I think Conroy has really made this happen.

hats off to the flames... they are playing some good hockey and making sound adjustments.

xMRogers:

Man, Calgary just keeps winning - everyone discounts them each round, and then they just win (pretty convincingly over San Jose really).

i am a little biased on this, but don't think it was "convincing." thought games 1, 2 and 6 were fairly even.

TDFFFreak:

LOL

As soon as I typed the last post I went back to check and it's now 1-1.  I just have that awful feeling the flyers are going to make it painful for me.

Painful is right! 20 minutes to come back from a goal down. A 4-3 deficit is not where they want to be. Not looking good but I haven't given up hope. Esche has given up a weak one, but so has Khabe. Penalty kill has KILLed them the last three games (as has going like 1-24 on the power play for the series).

Well...here comes the third. LET'S GO FLYERS!!!

OMG!!!

AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME GAME!

I was jumping around the room the whole overtime with all the close calls. Flyers were peppering Khabe.

Game 7 should be great!

And my 1000th post to boot! WOOHOO! smash

Kudos to the Flyers. Great freaking game. I thought Esche looked soft early, and wasn't tested much late. He needs to pull it together for game 7 in Tampa. Flyers completely dominated the overtime, and deserved the win.

Is there anything better than playoff hockey?

Keith is the man! - take_a_b

Esche does need to play better in game 7, but if the Flyers can keep on the pressure they showed in period 3 and OT in last night's game, they have a shot. Still it's going to be very tough and you have to give an edge to the Lightining.

That may have been one of the best endings to a hockey game I have ever seen. And yes.... playoff hockey is the BEST (when your team wins.) :D

Ok, this is just sick...I need to start betting again. I nailed Calgary in 6 & TB in 7.

I am sad that my team, the Flyers, are not going to have a shot at Calgary.

TB played very well and I am happy that 2 teams not named Col, Det, or NJ are playing for the cup. The NHL may not be happy ...

Hugh-mongus:

Philly coming up short in the conference championship?  Who woulda figured? shrug

:mad: 

they got beat by a younger, faster, hungrier hockey club. Where the hell was Amonte, Roenick, Recchi & Zhamnov ? shrug All were frigg'in silenced. Can't blame this on Esche either...... he was outstanding again tonight.

Without him or Primeau...... this series might have been over a week ago.