[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Civil War - Beavers and Ducks

wildcat2334

if you want to watch some high caliber football from the BEST conference in the country - tune in tonight and watch Oregon and Oregon State battle it out for the Rose Bowl berth.

Tough, tough matchup for the Beavers in Eugene and i think Oregon prevails.

NFL quality players all over the field - a few to watch are:

OSU QB Canfield and RB/WR Rodgers brothers

OU's Masoli, RB James and TE Dickson

Oregon 42

OSU 28

Great game. It'll be very hard for the Buckeyes to shut down that rushing attack.

yeah - the Ducks will smash OSU - I don't think it will be that close. The thing is , they are pretty much a lock for 40+ not many teams can keep up.

Just unfortunate there is no playoff - I don't think anyone would want to play these guys right now and I would put them up against any team in the country.

Texas is so overrated

TCU is a VERY talented team......playing with home grown guys that were not good enough to be recruited by Texas, oh and OU has a bunch of them as well!

trust me, I would love for Nebraska to upset UT and see TCU get in the NC game - or watch everyone's head explode if we had a Bama/Fla rematch

thing is the Big 12 is terrible this year, and UT played no one out of conference- we don't know much about this squad at all

kinda reminds me of OSU the past few years

trust me, I would love for Nebraska to upset UT and see TCU get in the NC game - or watch everyone's head explode if we had a Bama/Fla rematch

thing is the Big 12 is terrible this year, and UT played no one out of conference- we don't know much about this squad at all

kinda reminds me of OSU the past few years

You are right, not even the OU win means much this year, UT had a cake walk and even avoided Neb in the regular season as well. A few games back it looked like they were going to get MU or K-State in the Big 12 final, that would have added to their weak schedule this year.............BUT, this is not OSU from a year ago, it is a very good team that can play with anyone. Shipley is incredible, McCoy is good inside or outside of the pocket, I do not think the running game will matter much as it will be tough to run against Bama or UF. They average 43 points a game ( I know, against who) and Bama will not be able to keep up with them offensively, UF would be a closer game.

1st things 1st, they need to get by Neb, who has a very good defense before they even begin to worry about the National Championship "Runner Up" Game, winner. Yes....I said that out loud.

Texas is a decent squad, but I am not sold on them, it just seems like they NEVER challenge themselves out of the Big 12 - cupcake central

Sagarin has Texas SOS #49, which would be the lowest SOS in both the SEC and Pac 10, by quite a bit, now some of that has to do with the Big 12 being down, but at the same time go on the road and play somebody 1 freaking time.

for the BCS debacle, I would love to see Neb upset Texas...... what a mess

First things first, The Civil War was truly fun to watch. I'm not sure though how much of that was great Ducks O or a less than stellar Beaver D.

They average 43 points a game ( I know, against who) and Bama will not be able to keep up with them offensively, UF would be a closer game.

Texas played one team with any kind of D this year and OU held them to 16 pts. Bama plays D like that so they don't have to "keep up". Texas, assuming they get there, will not score a bunch of points on either of their prospective NC game opponents.

First things first, The Civil War was truly fun to watch. I'm not sure though how much of that was great Ducks O or a less than stellar Beaver D.

Texas played one team with any kind of D this year and OU held them to 16 pts. Bama plays D like that so they don't have to "keep up". Texas, assuming they get there, will not score a bunch of points on either of their prospective NC game opponents.

8 of the 12 teams they beat scored less than 16 points against them, I like their chances of scoring over 24 against UF or Bama and not giving up more than 20 = NC

:wacko:

from the Big 10 fan

fwiw USC has the #6 ranked D in the Pac 10

ASU, UA, and Oregon all have legit Ds. The civil war was between 2 high potent offenses my man

'

Okay, I'll take your word on that.

I suppose I caught a couple games of high power offense then.