[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

rampage better look out

Azazello1313

machida's training with.....
! :wacko:

that's like matt damon training CIA agents :tup:

not really a good analogy...from wiki about SS:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steven_Seagal

A 7th-dan black belt in aikido, Seagal began his adult life as an aikido instructor in Japan. He became the first foreigner to operate an aikido dojo in Japan

and evidently Machida isn't his 1st MMA figher,

Seagal, currently a 7th dan degree and Shihan in aikido, moved to Japan in his late teens and became the first foreigner to operate an aikido dojo in Japan. He was trained by Harry Ishisaka and received 1st dan degree or Shodan under the direction of Kochi Tohei. He continued to train in aikido as a student of Seiseki Abe, Koichi Tohei (to whose aikido organization, Ki Society, Seagal refused to join in favor of staying with the Aikikai), Kisaburo Osawa, Hiroshi Isoyama and the second doshu Kisshomaru Ueshiba.

When Miyako's father retired from his job as an instructor, Seagal became the new head of the organization known as Tenshin Aikido (affiliated with the Aikikai). Seagal is known by his students as Take Sensei. Seagal initially returned to Taos, New Mexico, with his student—and later a film stuntman—Craig Dunn. There, they opened a dojo, but Seagal spent much of his time pursuing other ventures. After another period in Japan, Seagal returned to the U.S. in 1983 with senior student Haruo Matsuoka. They opened an aikido dojo, initially in Burbank, California, but later moved it to the city of West Hollywood. Seagal left Matsuoka in charge of the dojo, which he ran until the two parted ways in 1997. He currently trains three students: Craig Dunn, Elliot Freeman, and Jorge Angulo.[citation needed]

Initially, he worked as the martial arts coordinator for the films The Challenge (1982) starring Scott Glenn and Toshirô Mifune, and Never Say Never Again (1983) starring Sean Connery and A View to a Kill. He later helped train UFC Middleweight Champion Anderson Silva and was in his corner at UFC 117 in August 2010. They were seen bowing to each other just before the fight.[8]

Edited by keggerz

• 2 weeks later...
Sounds like someone has taken 2 years or less in BJJ or Judo. Every martial art has it's merits. And yes, Segal could break you in half in a few seconds.

Who wins

world's greatest Aikido fighter vs. BJ Penn?

Who wins

world's greatest Aikido fighter vs. BJ Penn?

Can the Akido guy only use Akido? Can BJ Penn use grappling and boxing? Is this a grappling match? Standup? BJ Penn is not a Jiu Jitsu guy. He has world class jits, but he rarely uses it.

If it's an MMA match, Penn wins. If it's a style specific match then it depends.

And the greatest at Akido Vs Penn means nothing. You're not elite, so I'm certain that an above average Akido practicioner would have his way with you. Two years doesn't make you anything other than a novice.

Edited by piratesownninjas

Can the Akido guy only use Akido? Can BJ Penn use grappling and boxing? Is this a grappling match? Standup? BJ Penn is not a Jiu Jitsu guy. He has world class jits, but he rarely uses it.

If it's an MMA match, Penn wins. If it's a style specific match then it depends.

And the greatest at Akido Vs Penn means nothing. You're not elite, so I'm certain that an above average Akido practicioner would have his way with you. Two years doesn't make you anything other than a novice.

When did I say I was a BJJ expert :wacko: ? If Aikido was good stuff you would see it in the UFC.

So can the ghey rage noob and get back to your self-loathing.

Aikido doesn't translate well for combat sports. Practioners don't compete, let alone fight or even practice with a resisting opponent.

A good practioner can bust up your limbs like matchsticks though. And you wouldn't want to fight the guy at the edge of a cliff, for example.

When did I say I was a BJJ expert :wacko: ? If Aikido was good stuff you would see it in the UFC.

So can the ghey rage noob and get back to your self-loathing.

Because I see guys like you all the time in the gym. They start training a few times a week, eventually tap a few guys, then get militant to other forms of martial arts.

As far as seeing Akido in the UFC... The most dominant martial art in MMA is wrestling. Wrestling isn't violent or painful, but scoring a takedown and keeping them on the ground gets you a victory every time. MMA isn't about figuring out which martial art is the best.

You don't see Krav Maga in MMA, but it's good enough for the Israili special forces... Is it not in the UFC because it's not "good stuff"?

Besides, at the level those guys are at, they don't have just one thing. Everyone cross trains.

from the way you're defending him, I'm thinking steven seagal could have his way with you after just a couple glasses of white zin.

You got me again. Believe it or not, I don't own any Segal movies, nor have I ever had a single Akido lesson. But I do know how to respect all of the arts as they all have something to offer.

It's about respect for something that I've followed for years and years, then see these affliction wearing morans get into and have no idea of the history of this whole thing.

Aikido doesn't translate well for combat sports. Practioners don't compete, let alone fight or even practice with a resisting opponent.

A good practioner can bust up your limbs like matchsticks though. And you wouldn't want to fight the guy at the edge of a cliff, for example.

This.

• 3 weeks later...
Because I see guys like you all the time in the gym. They start training a few times a week, eventually tap a few guys, then get militant to other forms of martial arts.

As far as seeing Akido in the UFC... The most dominant martial art in MMA is wrestling. Wrestling isn't violent or painful, but scoring a takedown and keeping them on the ground gets you a victory every time. MMA isn't about figuring out which martial art is the best.

You don't see Krav Maga in MMA, but it's good enough for the Israili special forces... Is it not in the UFC because it's not "good stuff"?

Besides, at the level those guys are at, they don't have just one thing. Everyone cross trains.

You got me again. Believe it or not, I don't own any Segal movies, nor have I ever had a single Akido lesson. But I do know how to respect all of the arts as they all have something to offer.

It's about respect for something that I've followed for years and years, then see these affliction wearing morans get into and have no idea of the history of this whole thing.

This.

• 1 month later...