[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

March Madness Thread

Gopher

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Effing Creighton can suck it.

You wanna play rough, then keep the frack up and compete. Instead, because you had no chance to compete otherwise, you just resorted to being a bunch of thugs. All you need to know about the motives can be answered when you see the tape of Grant Gibs winking to the bench after he came down hard on Henson's bad wrist, causing Henson to get in his face and draw a technical. Mind you, from that point on, UNC pretty much housed the sackless bitches. They kept going back to Henson's wrist and also committed what should have been a flagrant 2 before possibly knocking UNC's starting PG out for the rest of the tourney.

Now, the Marshall play, in and of itself, could be written off as bad luck and fluky, but in light of the rest of the evidence, it just seemed like an inevitable conclusion to one team specifically looking to injure their superior opponent.

You wanna play rough, then keep the frack up and compete. Instead, because you had no chance to compete otherwise, you just resorted to being a bunch of thugs. All you need to know about the motives can be answered when you see the tape of Grant Gibs winking to the bench after he came down hard on Henson's bad wrist, causing Henson to get in his face and draw a technical. Mind you, from that point on, UNC pretty much housed the sackless bitches. They kept going back to Henson's wrist and also committed what should have been a flagrant 2 before possibly knocking UNC's starting PG out for the rest of the tourney.

Now, the Marshall play, in and of itself, could be written off as bad luck and fluky, but in light of the rest of the evidence, it just seemed like an inevitable conclusion to one team specifically looking to injure their superior opponent.

:crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

Yes I'm a bitter Duke fan but you played a physical team & a guy got hurt, get over it!

:crybaby::crybaby::crybaby:

Yes I'm a bitter Duke fan but you played a physical team & a guy got hurt, get over it!

That's not a physical team. Cinci is a physical team. FSU is a physical team. Had Creighton out-muscled us and beat us, that would be one thing. But we effing housed them and all they had was cheap shots and punk moves.

But, regardless, worse case scenario is that, lacking one of our best players at the position we can least afford to lose someone at, we fail to make the final 4 (or elite 8). At least we ddn't get knocked out of the 1st round by a 15 seed. :moon:

First round or elite 8, no difference if you don't make the final four.

Keep telling yourself that. I mixes well with the typical Dookie "we're actually over-achievers that only got as far as we did because of heart and grit" story I usually hear around these parts whenever they don't win it all.  Regardless, this whole argument is based on something that hasn't even happened yet.  UNC is still playing ball, Duke is not because they got knocked out by a team lead by Andy Samberg.

Edited by detlef

Not having point guard Kendall Marshall is a huge setback for the Tarheels, especially since we lost our backup point guard Dexter Strickland earlier in the year. Now the point guard position will have to be rotated between freshman Stilman White and senior Justin Watts. It's depressing because this squad won't remain together next season.

tough games to pick tonight. cincy let me down yesterday, however a late bet on Florida broke me even. I like Xavier tonight and I went to Baylor back in '92, so there is no homerism here. Will 3 team Xavier, Ohio and NC State. None of these are must bets, however, and very far from the locks that I enjoyed in the first round.

How many times in this tournament has a team had the final shot for the win or tie and has just completely effed it up? I suppose you could chalk it up to good defense, but I'm not sure I've seen so many teams look just plain confused when taking the last shot of the game. I don't think there's been a single buzzer-beater.

And as I type this, NC State attempts a difficult cross-court pass with time running out and a Wolfpack player catches it with his foot out of bounds.

The Heels are toast if Marshall can't go or we don't figure something else out. That was freaking painful to watch. Glad we managed to pull out the win, but Kansas will house the team that I saw last night.

Not sure about that. Kansas has been playing terrible, but this is pretty much how they have been all year. They play like crap and somehow pull out wins. That won't fly against Carolina. I expect the Tar Heels to win this one easily; probably 15-18 points.