[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

With all the new puppies.

tbimm

I thought I would share a not so funny story about my puppy Buddy.

My pups are used to getting up at 5am with me so they also do so on weekends. Of course I do not want to get up at 5am on my days off so I just open the back door, which is in my bedroom in this house, and let them out. I prop the door open and they come and go as they please until I feel like waking up.

The usual morning routine this morning. Dogs go out then come back in the house to play and generally wreak havoc around the house while I sleep.

So at 7:30 I wake up and notice that one of my lovely little creatures has gotten in to some sort of paper and it is spread out all over the bedroom floor. I decide I need coffee before cleaning up this mess and off to the kitchen I go. I get on the computer and have a cup of coffee to start my day and Buddy, my 5 1/2 month old male pup comes running up to me with a piece of the paper from the bedroom in his mouth. I snatch it from his jaws to see what it is... $20.00 bill? TWINKIES ANYONE? Oh crap!

I jump from my chair remembering that I took my money out of my pocket before I went to bed and dropped it on the night stand. Sure enough my lovely little creature snatched the wad of folded bills off of the night stand and proceeded to start the shredding process. I gathered up the torn pieces of money and started putting together the puzzles. Turns out he has rendered 2 $20's and a $100 worthless.

The good news is i now have a dog that craps money. The bad news is I have to feed it to him first. The really bad news is I will be picking dog crap apart for the next few days looking for the missing serial #'s.

To all you new puppy owners out there... Welcome to my nightmare!

:oops:

http://moneyfactory....edcurrency.html

Tell them Ted sent you, seriously.

I will certainly do that if the extraction process from the land mines is unsuccessful. Basically I need the rest of 3 serial #'s to get this dirty money past the bank teller. The weird part is that on the bills that the bank won't replace the serial # is torn in such a way on each side of the bill that the whole serial # is identifiable just not completely on either side of the bill. You have to look at both sides to see where it leaves off on one side and picks up on the other.

More serious than this:

My sister had $13 in the floor and my first dog decided to rip up the money. But decided that the $10 bill was worth chewing and left the ones alone.

Same thing here. The $100 bill took the worst of it along with a couple of $20's The $10 and the singles were untouched.

I'm relieved he didn't chew anyone's nut off.

I read a long time ago that the US mint will reimburse you if you send them the remnants and they are able to piece together 51% of a note. They have people who do just that all day.

I'm relieved he didn't chew anyone's nut off.

I read a long time ago that the US mint Bureau of Engraving and Printing will reimburse you if you send them the remnants and they are able to piece together 51% of a note. They have people who do just that all day.

Thats why I posted the link, I work there. My son has had a few $20's reimbursed from his dogs in the past. And just as an FYI, the Mint only does coins :razz:

First extraction process complete. Results?

4 pieces of torn $20 bill including some serial #.

1 small rock.

Several pieces of torn up white plastic or rubber.

A fair amount of fully digested dog food.

Next update on extraction process should be sometime early this afternoon unless the cash makes him uncomfortable and speeds up the process.

Would I comb thru dog sh!t for $140... :thinking:

I have asked myself this same question several times. Worst part is I can just send these bills off to TBone and wait for them to return my check.

Meh, pick it up, put it in a colander and let the garden hose do the rest.