[[Template core/front/custom/_customHeader is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Offensive recovered fumble TD - Is your league counting it ?

whomper

It happened earlier in the year I believe with Julio Jones and it happened last week with Cobb. An offensive player carries the ball. He fumbles . Another player recovers it for the TD. Does your league award the player the points ? We have a guy that lost a chance to make the playoffs by .3 because our league awarded Cobb the 6 points. Our league has a simple rule. If your player scores a td, in any capacity, he gets the 6 points. I know there are many scenarios but using the Cobb/Julio Jones situation, how does your league score it ? FYI its tough titties for the guy in our league. The rule is iron clad. Im just asking because I am curious

We talked about this on Thursday bud...my local explicitly states pass, rush, reception, and returns as TD categories. We don't have one for fumble recoveries, thus we do not count it, and I only got 2.something for Cobb last week. It might be something we visit, but I don't see it as a huge item to tackle.

I have 1 league where it's not currently in the rules but will be added in the off season. Thankfully, it didn't change the results of the game.

I feel if someone scores a TD no matter how it is done they should get 6 pts if they were in your lineup. I know it's been a long running discussion especially return TDs where it is a possibility that one team could get a total of 12 pts for one TD if there def and individual player returns kicks for that team and returns one for a TD. I have always believed it should count for all parties involved period. I'd say 90% of my leagues honor the 6 pts for whoever scores it.

Edited by Sunday Couch Potatoe

We don't have a rule "any time your player scores a TD you get 6 points" but we do have the offensive fumble recovery TD scored, though I believe we did not at one time.

We play team defense (not including special teams) and if your player scores a TD on punt/lkick they get the 6 pts. But we do not have defensive scoring for the offensive players, so if Calvin Johnson is on defense and gets an interception he doesn't get points, and if he returned it for a TD (however unlikely) there is no 6 points for that.

I know it's been a long running discussion especially return TDs where it is a possibility that one team could get a total of 12 pts for one TD if there def and individual player returns kicks for that team and returns one for a TD.

This happened to me yesterday on the Sproles punt return...my opponent started both Sproles and the PHI D/ST...so, under our scoring system, he got 14 FPs off the double-dip (6 for the individual player TD, and 8 for D/ST TD) on that one play...

I feel if someone scores a TD no matter how it is done they should get 6 pts if they were in your lineup. I know it's been a long running discussion especially return TDs where it is a possibility that one team could get a total of 12 pts for one TD if there def and individual player returns kicks for that team and returns one for a TD. I have always believed it should count for all parties involved period. I'd say 90% of my leagues honor the 6 pts for whoever scores it.

I agree the only problem with this "double dipping" is when defenses get credited with return yards. Definitely not a common issue, but I have a league that did return yards (1 point per 10 yards). Not only is the return point way too high IMO it makes the issue worse when defenses start with 30 points and get return yards as well. All of this wasn't even known to me or half the league when we drafted too. Making matters worse

I agree the only problem with this "double dipping" is when defenses get credited with return yards. Definitely not a common issue, but I have a league that did return yards (1 point per 10 yards). Not only is the return point way too high IMO it makes the issue worse when defenses start with 30 points and get return yards as well. All of this wasn't even known to me or half the league when we drafted too. Making matters worse

Omission by the commissioner? How did half the league know these scoring rules and the other half did not?